“Great hotel!”

Ranked #143 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I decided to book this hotel after reading great reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't disppointed. The hotelv and has been renovated and so the rooms are modern, spacious and clean. I also got a package that includes breakfast at the next door restaurant and it was delicious.The location is perfect, within walking distance from all main attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dr_Iris_B
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Dr_Iris_B,
I am thrilled to know that all great reviews on Trip Advisor convinced you to stay wit us and it’s great that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay!
I hope that if your travels will bring you back to NYC one day you will choose our location again!
646-710-5713

Write a ReviewReviews (7,453)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

5 ladies in our 40's went to NYC for 3 nights, wanted a central hotel within walking distance of Times Square, that had 2 x American size Queen beds. From check in to check out this hotel offered everything over and beyond our expectations. The rooms were the biggest rooms I've ever stayed in NYC, 2 King (American Queen) Beds with lots space all around. The staff were so helpful and friendly, it is spotlessly clean, we had breakfast in the hotel, offering hot and cold buffet & was excellent. Less 5 minute walk to Times Square so close enough but not right beside the bright lights. We caught a Broadway show again 3 minutes from hotel, loads of local restaurants offering pre theatre dinners. 6 blocks from Port Authority as we took a bus trip. a few dollars in a cab to 5th Avenue. This hotel is a winner for family, romantic or a girls weekend away, I'd definitely recommend and go back. p.s. as a group we are generally hard to please (including myself!), & this is only 2nd review i've ever written, but it was so good I had to share!

Room Tip: Rooms facing 8th Avenue are quieter, if needing 2 x Queen beds get on the 5th floor as this is the h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mandy H
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Hello Mandy H,
I am truly grateful for your wonderful review! It is great to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during the stay. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay.
I will make sure to share all your kind words with my entire team and we will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The only reason I have given this hotel a four star is the slight outdated decor and fittings of the bathroom and carpets,having said this the complimentary toiletries were five star.The heating system was alittle noisy but not enough to disturb our sleep, every other aspect of this Hotel we found excellent. maid service was excellent and helped us with several aspects in our room including working the coffee machine and microwave.nothing was too much for them. large television as well as iron and safe, The hotel could not be anymore Central being only yards from Times Square .we were on third floor and had no view except for wall of next building but this helped in a way as there was no residual street noise. Highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bridgeen29,
Thank you for sharing your comments with travel community. I am surprised that you found décor of the bathroom being outdated as we completed rooms’ revitalization last year July. However is good to know that the room amenities were to your satisfaction and that our housekeeping team went above and beyond to assist you.
I am happy that location of the hotel was convenient to your travels, If you decide to stay with us in the future feel free to contact me and I will make sure to reserve a nice room with a view on your future stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We decided on this hotel for our first trip to New York. We were not disappointed. The location is fantastic. Situated on 8th Avenue, so just a street away from the main corner of Times Square on 7th, or a street away in the other direction you are in the middle of Hells Kitchen on 9th, which is fantastic for bars and restaurants.

Our hotel room was really great, it had the biggest bed I've ever slept in, and it was so comfortable (king revolution room) my partner and I couldn't reach each other if we slept at either side.

We were on the 6th floor and had a street view, which was nice, just to watch the world go by. Large flat screen TV, although we never used it, and also a microwave and fridge which were handy for dining in-room as there are so many fantastic places to take out if you're too tired for the restaurant experience any time. There was an ice machine on every floor, and also vending machines.

Our room was immaculately clean, and the daily maid service was superb.

There are lots of souvenir shops nearby, cafe's, deli's and restaurants. I would recommend Chai Thai about a block up from the hotel on 8th for a lovely Thai meal which was incredibly cheap for the standard of food. If you like to start off your night out with a drink locally, then don't overlook "Social" across the street, it's much nicer inside than it looks, and has a really good vibe at night.

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were polite and friendly at all times, and we would definitely return to this hotel when we book our next trip to NY! Loved it.

Room Tip: A higher floor may be a little quieter if you are a light sleeper, as there is a little noise from t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Catriona K,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel on your first trip to NYC. I am thrilled to know that we were able to create a memorable stay for you and your partner. It’s great to know that comfort of the room and hotel amenities were to your satisfaction as well as hotel location.
I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with my staff.
We will be looking forward to welcome you on your future travels to NYC!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our second time staying here within a couple of years. It has only gone downhill. The last stay we had superior customer service. This time....not so much. The rooms have all been redone, and they were fine. The bellhop at the door was an elderly gentleman who looked bothered that he had to help us after check in. No one ever spoke when we came in and out of the hotel. The attendant at the desk didn't look happy to be there, either. The hot water in the lobby had leftover coffee grinds in it, and I had to send it back. The Starbucks teas and coffee were nice. We had a late check out with our rate, and when I called to confirm it the night before, they knew nothing about it. They said to call down the next morning. I did. They, too, knew nothing about it. I had to get dressed, go down to the manager, and actually show it to her on my computer.....really? Then, she said it was only there weren't already too many late check-outs. How about, "I'm sorry you had to come down here and show me since I didn't believe you...." Overall, the hotel was fine. The management and workers just need some customer service training. That was the one thing last time, that brought us back. We will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank c2nlilmom
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Hi c2nlilmom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very disappointed to hear that you had an experience which was less than exceptional. I will be sure to review your comments with the staff to prevent any such future occurrence. I’m happy that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and complimentary Starbucks in the lobby.

I will love the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel and should you ever decide to stay with us please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to personally attend to your reservation.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton in February for my niece's birthday and loved the hotel. The rooms were a good size with really luxurious, comfortable beds. Bathroom was a bit small but did have bath with a good shower. The location was perfect for us with a lovely bar opposite selling great cocktails! There was also a deli where we bought our breakfast most days. It's a good choice if central hotel with friendly staff, close to the subway. Communal areas are minimal but that didn't concern us. A great stay in snowy New York! I'd go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello JackyLa,

We will gladly accept you back tomorrow!! I am absolutely delighted to learn that you had such a memorable experience and we were able to provide your niece with an enjoyable birthday. As a small hotel in the big city we do try to make up for our lack of communal space with our energetic and friendly staff.

Upon your return, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to attend to your booking.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is clean, tidy and comfortable. Ideal for anyone who wants a central location (2 minute walk from Times Square) and a base to dump your bags after shopping and get a good nights sleep. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Collette T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel clean and the location convenient and the staff pleasant. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and I pleased to know that we accomplished this goal during your stay with us.

If I can ever be of any assistance now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,