“Great experience.”

Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here with my brother and his wife visiting from Australia. We found the hotel to be very pleasant and well located in Times Square. Our visit was made extra special by the attention we were given by Guest Experience Manager Joanna Butcher. Thank for everything, Joanna.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike M
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hello Mike M,
Thank you so much for your review. It was my great pleasure to assist you during your stay and I am happy that your brother and his wife enjoyed their NYC experience!
Thank you for giving us opportunity to call you our guest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!
All the best!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed 8 April 2014

HGI Times Square is located approximately 2 blocks from the center of all of the action. This hotel is centrally located in the Theatre District - extremely convenient for seeing a show. Check-in was quick and efficient, taking less than 5 minutes.
I get nervous with high-rise hotels with few elevators resulting in long wait times for elevators. This is not the case for HGI-TS. We only waited 1 minute each time we needed an elevator. I was extremely pleased with that.
I only have 2 suggestions. The fan of the heating/cooling unit in the room was somewhat loud. (This does not bother me however since I like "white noise" when I sleep.) Additionally, breakfast (for Gold+ members or those with vouchers) is served in the adjoining restaurant - Pigalle. Food was good however the service was average on the 3 mornings we ate. I would liked to have seen better service.
Overall, I would stayed at this hotel again and highly recommend this hotel to those visiting NYC!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S

Hello Brian S,
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to know that you enjoyed the location and your stay was a comfortable experience!
Please accept my apologies for noisy AC unit and lack of excellent service in the restaurant. I will make sure to address your comments with our engineering department as well as with restaurant management.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel was clean, the room was comfortable, the staff was cordial and helpful, and the location is excellent. Check-in and check-out procedures were timely and easy. One of my best stays in NYC, will likely stay here for all future NYC visits!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Wanda S,
I truly appreciate your wonderful review. It is great to know that your stay with us was a memorable experience and that our hotel will be a future destination for all your visits to NYC!
Until next time!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is located in the Theater District a few blocks off Times Square on quieter 8th Avenue. Interestingly there was more noise heard from the hallway and nearby rooms than the street but it wasn't so loud or annoying. We had a room on the 14th floor with a wonderful view. There was plenty of room for 2 people and we had a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The staff are all extremely friendless and helpful. There is a small and reasonably priced convenience store on the premises and a pricier restaurant next door. There are plenty of coffee shops and a great grocery/food emporium nearby with excellent take-out food a a few tables to eat in. I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Get a corner room or upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsBonVoyage

Dear MsBonVoyage,
Thank you for taking time to submit your review! It is great to know that you found our hotel being conveniently located and you enjoyed comfort of the rooms as well as the view. I am happy that our staff was there when you needed them and I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at this HGI Times Square property last month for a few nights, and in general, it was a great stay and would consider staying here again in the future. The location is excellent as it is literally a block away from the subway station, and Times Square is just a few blocks away. If you are a broadway fan, the hotel is located closed to many theaters. There were plenty of restaurants in this area, as well as a major supermarket just a block away. The front desk staffs were mostly friendly and despite arriving before the check-in time, there was a room available.

However, I have one minor complaint, as they are really under-staffed in terms of their housekeeping team. For both days, I have to call front desk to request housekeeping service, and on my first day in NYC, I have to call the front desk multiple times. For day two, I actually left the hotel around 9am and when I returned at 3pm. The room was still not cleaned and I had to call the front desk again. Given how expensive NYC hotels are, not having enough cleaning staffs is not acceptable. This is becoming a common problem with all Hilton properties.

Other than the poor performance of the housekeeping team, it is a good hotel and I will come back again if the price is right!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adrian L

Dear Adrian L,
Thank you for sharing experience on your recent stay with us. It’s great that your stay was a pleasant experience and location of the hotel was convenient to your points of interest and dining options. I am happy that our staff was able to accommodate early check in upon arrival.
I am sorry to hear that you have experienced challenges with housekeeping service and I will be sure to address your comments with their department.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The best thing about this hotel for the cost is that it's located in great walking distance to nearby subway, Times Square and we found the staff very helpful and they even grabbed a taxi for us on our departing day. Rooms and bed were good. Will Stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reizo06
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.
The staff was very polite, the room was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was clean too. They can store your baggage after your check out.
The only thing I don't liked: how it's possible on the 15th floor in our room to have window that we can completly open? It's scary.
Unfortinately the Roof Top bar is closed now, will open in May.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hrefa
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi There hrefa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am delighted to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with a delightful stay. I am however, very disappointed to hear of the window being broken in your room, as our windows on the upper flaws have a security feature which prevents them from opening completely. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly to provide me with additional details including your room number so that I can have this quickly repaired.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,