The Hilton Garden Inn Times square is an ok hotel. It delivers what it promises - nothing more and nothing less. Pitched towards business and budget tourists. We are both on this occasion so a good match.
Pros - easy to find (this is a plus for the smaller hotels in NYC), very very close to subway and Times Square action. 8th Ave is great for hailing a taxi. The porters and checkin staff were fabulous when tipped. The room was clean, the mattress was sleepable. Super fast free wifi.
Cons - it's an extraordinarily noisy hotel. Sitting on a busy avenue and street and right next door to a very active fire station. So much so that they give you ear plugs as part of the bathroom toiletry. The windows don't appear to be double glazed which doesn't help and the a/c runs either super hot or super cold. Ice machine on our floor didn't work. Add to all of this - the rooms in terms of furnishings and fitout is really tired and crying out for an urgent refurb into this decade. Having select staff and your luggage tickets prodding you for positive tripadvisor recommendations is not cool. I applaud them. But not cool.
Our weeklong stay was ok in the hotel. We'd hoped it would have been slightly more than that.
Recommend: Yes but only if they offer sensational rates and you've exhausted your alternatives first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton