“Great location, clean, great staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #142 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami, Florida
“Great location, clean, great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was skeptical at first because my rate seemed too good to be true considering I was blocks from TS. Surprisingly enough, the place was great. Room service and some other amenities are limited, but if you want a good price you need to give up some of those luxuries that you often don't use. I'm a fan of this place and will most definitely look into staying here again next time I'm in NY.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NCNJM d
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi NCNJM d,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that the hotel and it's amenities met your needs for this stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

tennile.boyd@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed there for business as it was near where I had to be. Staff was friendly, room was clean and the internet was included so that is always a plus. That said it is a Hilton and expensive. My company paid for it, but not a budget hotel by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Chas15
Hi Chas15,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am glad you found the amenities offered and the central location of the hotel to meet your needs and I hope we would have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Belleair, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Applying normal New York City standards, the room was quite nice. Our 2-bed room on the 12th floor was larger than many in the city, had minimal noise, and was consistently kept clean. Also, the tv was a large, hi-def, with many channels, the bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked just fine, and the shower was hot and with good pressure. In other words, all the "needs" were checked off!

Likewise, all staff members I met were consistently pleasant and helpful, particularly on the 2 occasions I needed a taxi in the rain.

The location on 8th Avenue was within 2 blocks of a subway, so travel was easy and convenient. And an excellent grocery story was just across the street. It can easily be used to stock the room's fridge, and it's much more reasonably priced than the hotel's small gift shop (that, frankly, really stood out as being vastly over-priced).

Overall, the price seemed high, but again relative to NYC standards, it was perfectly reasonable. If there was one concern, it appeared that the hotel was aging a bit, and renovation was only on the surface. (Peeling paint on the bathroom door, and no exhaust fans). But that merely moved this from "excellent" to "very good."

Hi jhcewc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed and candid feedback about your recent stay with us. I am happy that the hotel amenities met your needs and we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience.

I would love to have my team repair the minor cosmetic issues you have mentioned to ensure that future guests are not inconvenienced. Please feel free to contact me directly to provide me with additional details such as your room number.

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from my first visit to New York and needed a hotel with a great central location as wanted everything within walking distance if possible or if not accessible through other means without hassle. This hotel offered me, personally, the perfect location being a 2 minute walk from times square and a lovely selection of restaurants. 15 minute walk from central park and 5 minute walk from the main stop for the hop on/off bus which on another note was worth every penny.
My hotel room 822 was clean with a comfortable queen bed with duvet which I find a must for any good hotel and more importantly agood nights sleep. Air con worked well with only a quiet humming and everything clean and well kept.
Large tv however channel variety a little poor compared to the choice I had when staying elsewhere in America.
Lifts were quick and which considering we were on floor 8 was important as didnt waste time waiting around.
My only big issue was a fire station next door which allows its fire engines to sound 24/7 so evey night you would be woken at least once to sirens! However I would imagine that almost any of the hotels nearby would face the same issue. Maybe suggest a hotel room not front facing if you think rhis may be a problem for you but I got use to it. After all this is the city that never sleeps!

1 Thank honestdan
Hi honestdan,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I will be certain to share your feedback with the team and they will be delighted to learn that we have been able to provide yet another guest with a memorable experience.

I would like to apologize for the FDNY sirens, but as you said this is the city that never sleeps and sirens contribute to our signature lullaby.

Should you return please feel free to contact me directly and I will be sure to assign you a room in a quieter location.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly acceptable, and 100% fine for a place to sleep/shower while visiting New York City. The 8th avenue location affords easy access to Times Square, and lots of restaurants and shops are easily accessible from here. Seems like a very safe area, with lots of foot traffic late into the night.

Be aware - there is a fire station just a half-block from the hotel, and you'll hear sirens frequently (unless you don't have a front-facing room).

The little things I mentioned?

1. The pre-check-in email from the "Guest Experience Manager," which I thought was a nice touch (although likely a mailchimp or constantcontact generated email) offering various services, including a scratch-off ticket for a possible "free night" voucher, but that was never offered upon checkout. Funnily enough, when we were headed to the front desk to check out, this specific Guest Experience Manager shared our elevator, yet she never smiled, spoke up, asked how we were, asked if we needed assistance - all of which are quite common from EVERY employee of a Hilton property - I was kind of surprised.

2. Peeling wallpaper. Seriously. It's a matter of a strategically applied glue stick.

3. The adjustable shower head was not adjustable. Just the "wide" spray, coupled with NYC's very soft water, makes rinsing soap/shampoo a laborious process.

4. The on-site restaurant is ridiculously expensive for the breakfast buffet, even by NYC standards ($22/person).

5. Bathroom ventilation. I'm not talking about smells... I'm talking about condensation from the shower. Every time we showered, water would bead up upon the ceiling and drip onto the floor--or us--constantly.

Other than that - the hotel is extremely clean. The bell staff are courteous and helpful. Vouchers for free water from the little on-site store were nice.

If all you want is a clean place to sleep, this would be fine, but it's truly over-priced for that.

We didn't use the in-room microwave, but the fridge was nice.

Spend the extra $30/night for the Hilton Times Square. Worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank stefmo
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Hello stefmo,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to submit such a detailed review of our hotel. It’s great to know that overall your stay was enjoyable experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I will make sure to address your comments with respective departments so we can all work together on improving the areas that you pointed out.
I hope that maybe in the future you will give us another chance to welcome you back to our hotel!
All the Best!
Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
joanna.butcher@hilton.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first time at this hotel and, although its a longer walk from Penn Station than either the HGI by Herald Square or the Hilton Times Square, the walk was worth it. Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful when it came to storing bags, getting cabs, etc. The rooms were comfortable and the location a few blocks away from the craziest streets in Times Square meant little to no street noise. I will say that trying to check out and store bags on a Sunday morning was a bit of a cluster, but I think that's par for the course in NYC.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hi Pegggus,

Thank you for your kind review, with so many options available to you we are thrilled that you chose to spend your time in NYC with us. I am happy that staff was available to you throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here from 2 May-9 May room 423. The staff were very friendly, especially the bell boys ( had a laugh and a joke with them on Friday before we left about my senior moment). The lady who cleaned our room was also very nice. Room was a good size and spotlessly clean. Anyone who complains must be staying in a different hotel.
I would and will recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MinnieLiz51
Hello There MinnieLiz51,

Thank you for such a high recommendation, I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We would be honored to host you and your friends whenever you are in NYC!!!