“Perfect Hotel, Perfect Location”

Ranked #141 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We were extremely happy with every aspect of our time in the HGI Times Square. All the staff were friendly and helpful, our room was clean, spacious and well equipped and the location was ideal for walking to Times Square, 5th Avenue and Central Park. Little touches like the fridge and microwave in the room made a real difference, offering a cheaper alternative to always eating out and giving flexibility, particularly for breakfast without having to venture far from the super comfortable bed. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SparkyD1972
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear SparkyD1972,
Thank you very much for your review. Our goal is always to provide each guest with the best experience during their stay, and I am elated to learn you enjoyed your time here. I am pleased to learn you were able to utilize our in-room amenities, and the flexibility they provided you. I hope we can welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for a full week and we enjoyed very much our time at the Hotel. But the best part was its staff's efforts in meeting our needs. Joanna, the Guest Experience Manager and Tennile, Director of Guest Experience, were kind and patience and provided us with lots of helpful information for our first stay in NYC. We cannot thank them enough!

We used the Carmel Limo for trips from and to Newark airport and it was very nice! The pedicab ride at the central park was memorable and the visit to Chelsea Market and the easy walk on the nearby High-Line is not to be missed. We also visited the NY Botanical Garden at Bronx and it was totally worth it!

For dinner, our visit to Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room near Chelsea Market was enjoyable and if you can get the table, definitely try out Mario Batali's Babbo Ristorante‏ in Greenwich Village. For a quick bite or late night food, we also enjoyed the corner pizza place 'Carve' a couple blocks south of the Hotel.

Overall, a wonderful stay and a special thank-you to Joanna!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there cj4ever and thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to know that your stay with us was a memorable one and you enjoyed your time in NYC! It was my pleasure to assist you and we will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!

Until Next Time!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square served well as a base for a quick 2-night trip to New York. Lots of subway stops nearby. Near the theaters and Times Square. More restaurants nearby than you can shake a stick at. Full grocery practically next door.

I thought the staff were pleasant, efficient and helpful. At check-in, a queen room was not ready so I was given a king room. Very spacious for New York! Bath was a bit small, but clean. The hairdryer can get super hot, so be aware. Free wifi worked wonderfully. In room mini fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, iron and safe were provided.

Although I did hear street noise occasionally, the hum of the A/C was plenty to drown it out for me. I never heard the subway on the fourth floor. Yes, there's a nearby fire station which I thought of as a plus!

HIlton Honors members are give a voucher for a free bottle of water each day from the on-site store.

A few areas are showing wear, but I got a great deal on this hotel and am very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank brngckn

Dear brngckn,
I would like to personally thank you for your review. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we strive to provide all guests with an exceptional experience during their time here, and are glad we achieved this goal with your stay. I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable, and that you were able to enjoy your HHonors amenities such as free water from our gift shop. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location it´s ok, but the 8 th avenue it is not the most ¨beautiful¨avenue in NYC, there is a lot of traffic but you don´t here the noise from the room. the rooms are pretty big, the breakfast is ok, should be better for a 4 star hotel. You have a Subway a few meters from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juan S
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hello Juan S,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It’s good to hear that overall your stay was a pleasant experience. Our hotel is located in theater district, conveniently close to all the major attraction NYC has to offer and it can be overwhelming if you are not used busy vibe of the city. I am sorry that the breakfast wasn’t what you expected; our hotel is only a 3 star property and we do not own the restaurant however we do our best to cater our guest with dining services.

If I can be of any further assistance now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent 4 nights in the Hilton Garden, the hotel is in a great location for all the sights
From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and accommodating.The room was a good size comfortable and always cleaned to high level
We were there on a special occasion and the hotel and staff made the whole holiday a great memory

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sean_tc50,
Thank you very much for your review. We always strive to provide our customers with wonderful customer service and an exceptional experience for their stay in New York City, and are happy you experienced this during your holiday here! I am pleased you had a pleasant experience with our staff, and were able to navigate the various NYC sights nearby. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just check out of this hotel and I couldn't wait to write a review. This hotel is in a great location central to everything in Manhattan. The subway is within walking distance with a lot of shops along the way. The staff in the Hotel were very helpful especially Christian, all the bellhops, and concierge. The beds were nice and rooms are spacious. If I ever return to NYC I am staying her again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kgarner713
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kgarner713,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review on our hotel. Our goal is always to provide each guest with the best experience during their stay, and I am elated to learn you enjoyed your time here. We hope you do decide to return to NYC soon, where we look forward to welcoming you again!

Tennile Boyd
Director of Guest Experience
646.710.5713
Tennile.boyd@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the the theaters and its positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Another reason, I try to stay at an HGI when I travel is because of the complimentary breakfast. This HGI only offered complimentary breakfast to its Hilton Honors Diamond members, and I was unaware of this until our first morning there. When I made the reservation I was told that there was complimentary breakfast for hotel guests. So I was unhappy learning that breakfast was not a part of our cost. The hotel was clean and comfortable, which is as it should have been for what we had to pay ($360 per night); however, the bathroom was too small. The staff was pleasant and helpful but I did not appreciate the solicitations by the Hilton Grand Vacation representatives as soon as we left the registration desk, especially after a harrowing ride on one of the airport shuttles.
Also. were we told that there were no rooms with two beds on the upper floors and because we needed two beds we were relegated to a room on one of the lower floors where the sounds of the subway audible, so much so that the hotel provides free earplugs!!
I don't know that I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Good Day eslywi,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy to learn that location of the hotel was convenient to your needs and you found comfort and cleanliness of out rooms to your satisfaction. I understand your disappointment in regards to complimentary breakfast however our hotel is a bit different than other Hilton Garden Inns. Many hotels in New York City don’t own restaurant or parking garage but work with separate companies to better serve their guests and provide them with those particular services.
Our hotel has 2 different types of rooms with 2 Queen Beds. Standard rooms are located from the 2nd to the 5th floor and Deluxe rooms are located from the 6th till the 12th. I am sorry that this time we were unable to accommodate you with room on a higher floor.
If you decide to give us another chance, feel free to contact me and I will make sure that this time your stay will be a memorable experience!

All the Best!