Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
7,699 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had spent ages looking for the right location in New York for the 4 of us - mum, dad and two daughters (8&11) and we were absolutely delighted to have settled on this.
We loved the proximity to Times Square and were never concerned about the walk down 42nd to 50the street though we're hardly night owls so the latest we did it was probably about 10 pm.
We bought one week metrocard sand used the subway and buses extensively, if anything we found it a challenge to find a different method to get back to he hotel from wherever we were.
The food emporium next door sold the water, drinks and snacks that two young girls demand but the standout meal was patzeria pizza ( we had takeaway that was so good that we returned to eat in). We also set splendidly at 5 napkins on 9th (easy walking), Shake shack (5 or 6 blocks down 8th) and Dallas BBQ on 42nd (again easy walking). High line easy to get to via bus on 9th and Staten Island ferry easy to get to on the 1 subway - no distance for subway on 49th. Also easy for transit your Jfk
The hotel is clean, well tended and the rooms were plenty big enough or the 4 of us though we all eventually end up on the same hours as the kids eventually! The best thing was that we persuaded our daughters to go down to reception every day for free starbucks which was great.
Maybe just us but the subway noise (we were on the 4th floor) was all part of the experience and our days were too full to allow it to distract us.
Genuinely fully recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brongal
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Brongal,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Our goal is to provide all guests with a “perfect 10” experience and I am thrilled to learn we accomplished this with your stay. I’m glad you and your daughters were able to take advantage of the complimentary Starbucks as well as our centralized location. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Yes, the location is great but that's it. For the price of the hotel I would expect a lot more. I stayed here for two nights for my birthday and was quite disappointed with the lack of luxury. I didn't recieve great service at the front desk, not really welcoming. It was just an O.K stay. Wouldn't book here again as you don't get the value for your money. The hilton brand has had a tendency to disappoint me recently.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lily X
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Lily X,

Thank you for taking time to submit your review. First and foremost Happy Belated Birthday!
Reading your review I am truly disappointed to learn that your stay was not what you expected. I understand your concern in regards to lack of luxury however Hilton Garden Inn brand are not a luxury or a full service properties. We do our best to provide our guests with a 4 star customer service and it is very unusual hearing that this time we failed to accomplish this goal. Because of the central location our hotel is in high demand and the rates tend to be higher around this season. I am sorry that lately you have been disappointed with Hilton Brand. In the future, if you decide to give us another chance, feel free to contact me and I will make sure that this time your stay will be a memorable experience!

All the Best!
Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first (and likely last) time at this hotel.
I just stayed there for a few hours after a long flight in order to rest and get some sleep. My room (411) was extremely noisy because of 1) very loud AC fan, 2) vending plus ice machines right outside the room, 3) proximity to the lifts, and 4) lots of noise from the street (there is a fire station nearby).
What's disappointing is that a checkout no-one asked if I had a good; almost like they were not interested. Overall not a good stay for $300 per night

Room Tip: a quiet room!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Richard J

Dear Richard J,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Our goal is to provide all guests with a memorable experience and it’s sad to learn that we could not accomplish it during your stay.
I am sorry that the noise was challenging during your stay and I wish you would have given us opportunity to make things right and brought all those comments to our attention while still on the property. I am sorry that the front desk did not inquire about your experience during check out. I will make sure to address your comments with my staff so we can better serve our future guests.
If I can be of any further assistance now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square from May 30-June 2. The hotel is conveniently located on 8th ave, less than a five minute walk to Times Square. We walked to the Top of the Rock, TKTS booth, restaurants, Toys R Us, and to a Broadway musical from the hotel. There are also train stations (C, E, 1, etc) at 50th, which is only a few blocks away from the hotel. We used the train to go to Battery Park (#1) to take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and also to go to the American Museum of Natural History (train C).

I called the hotel ahead of time and asked for a room with a view. We were given a room on the 10th floor with a great view of 8th ave.

Even on the 10th floor, we could hear the rumble of the train. We actually didn't hear it until the morning we were leaving, so it wasn't an issue. It could have been that some local trains were not running during the weekend of our visit, so maybe that's why we didn't hear it until the last day of our trip. Not sure.

Check-in and check-out were both quick.

The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. Housekeeping did a superb job cleaning our room each day.

The Food Emporium a few steps away from the hotel sells fresh fruit and croissants, which came in handy because we didn't want to waste too much time on breakfast.

On the way to the airport, the hotel called a car service that offered a flat rate. Because we were leaving during the morning rush hour, this actually saved us money, rather than taking a metered cab ride to LaGuardia.

We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank familyfromatlanta_10

Dear familyfromatlanta_10,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review on our hotel. Our goal is always to provide each guest with a memorable experience during their stay, and I am beyond thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the subway rumble, but happy to know this did not cause any issue for you. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is very centralized. The hotel is clean with queen sized beds (a great benefit when travelling with a family). Staff is helpful and for New York the price is reasonable. It is close to Times Square and right around the corner from the subway. Free Starbuck's coffee and a nice sitting area in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Catherine M,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Our goal is to provide all guests with an exceptional New York experience and I am pleased to learn we accomplished this aim with your stay. We hold our staff to the highest standards of customer service, which I am happy you were able to see! We hope to welcome you again in the future!