Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mayfair Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Pearl Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Time New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Amsterdam Court Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Belvedere Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
7,636 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

You can't beat being in midtown with all the eateries, shows, and quick subway access so this location is great. The price is low for midtown so we booked it instead of the $50 pricier conference hotel where I was working. The downside was the air conditioner rattled and chortled all night as if it were about to die. It worked but sometimes going back to sleep was hard. We had the do not disturb sign on our door but the maid saw nothing wrong with letting doors on adjacent rooms slam as loud as a jack hammer. So forget sleeping past 8am in this place.
I often stay at Hilton Gardens and like them very much. This one is, well, noisy and a little dingy like most of New York.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing 8th avenue where the subway and traffic make a lot of noise. Ane get higher floors for the same reason
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Danielg922,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy that you found hotel location suitable to your needs. It is disappointing to hear that the noise factor prevent you from fully enjoying NYC experience. Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that maybe one day you will give us another chance and stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond/Gold Member for several years now.

Stayed here for the very first time and was satisfied with the overall experience.
The staff was welcoming and efficient. (This is New york remember, so its Not Southern Hospitality.)
There is a cost daily for parking your vehicle. My advice if you have never driven in NYC...DON'T !

Did not receive the upgrade which was disappointing, since it usually happens 8 out of 10 times .
BUT I understand that Upgraded rooms are held for late arrivals that need a room at the last minute and therefore can fetch premium dollars for the Hotel.
The room overlooked the street below and it was interesting to people watch. It was clean and satisfactory.

The LOCATION is EXCELLENT & OUTSTANDING !
You can walk to Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Plaza, All Broadway Shows, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Radio City , Empire State Bldg., 5th Ave Shopping, Plaza Hotel, Macy's , Herald Square and an assortment of fine restaurants and other tourist sites. You can catch tours around the corner and procure Same Day HALF price Broadway tickets on 7th Ave one block over, and also subway stations nearby to get you UpTown and DownTown From where you are located in MidTown.

I have been to New York City 100's of times and and lived here.
There is Only One New York , New York !

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ric C

Hello Ric C,
Let me start by saying who much I appreciate your time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear that your first stay with us was a pleasant experience. We value your loyalty to Hilton Brand and I am sorry that we couldn’t upgrade your room however we do not have suites on this property. We always do our best to provide our valuable Gold and Diamond members with the best room possible and I am happy that your room was clean and to your satisfaction. It’s great that location was convenient to all your points of interest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went with our kids to visit NYC for a long weekend. The hotel is in a great location - very close to theaters and Times Square. Easy access to subway too. The hotel was clean. Staff was friendly. Easy check in and out. No issues at all and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank acsilver
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello acsilver,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! It’s great to know that you and your family enjoyed convenience of hotel location and your stay with us was a pleasant experience. We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in early June having come to New York to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. The hotel was booked as a package through British Airways and at the time I checked in January this was the highest rated hotel which matched our budget. it seemed to tick almost all the boxes; position, price and very favourable reviews. I noticed that almost all the reviews (good or less so) were responded to a one of the Guest Relations Team. A nice touch.

Looking through some of the helpful suggestions and using Google Earth street level it was obvious that at around 15 floors, this is not one of the taller buildings in the area. I decided that as it was a special occasion I would write to guest relations to see if they might arrange rooms (two couples were travelling) on a high floor with a view. I received a reply from Joanna Butcher, Guest Experience Manager within a couple of days thanking me for my request and that she had requested two rooms on a high floor from reservations. This was an excellent response. Of course, nothing was guaranteed so it was with a little apprehension that as we checked in I asked about the rooms we had been allocated. Check was instant and we were by informed (by Anthony?? sorry but I'm not certain of the name) that the high floor rooms were already sorted and he imagined we would like them located next door to each other. Fantastic!

This was our second trip to New York and we knew that room size is not fantastic here if cost is a consideration. However, the bathroom whilst not large was adequate and in good condition. The bedroom had a desk with very comfortable chair, an easy chair with large footstool and the usual large double bed. there was a Congratulations card for my wife and three miniature decorated cakes as well as water in the fridge. The view from the window was the best the hotel could have to offer, across West midtown and the Hudson River. None of the street noise affected our sleep but NY is a 24 hour city and I would imagine that a low floor bedroom might be a different experience for some. The weather was hot whilst we were there, A/C was efficient if a little noisy.

The bedroom had a coffee machine and supplies of dried milk and coffee were replenished daily. However, on a morning Starbucks coffee as well as hot chocolate and tea were free of charge in the lobby. Just pop down and take them back to your room. We didn't investigate the attached restaurant as there were many other nearby restaurants but it always seemed very busy.

On the penultimate day we used the hotels computer room to check in for our return flight and print the boarding cards. On check out day we brought our luggage to the lobby and Charles tagged it and took it into safe storage as our flight was not for several hours. He arranged a large private hire car for around the same cost as a taxi to JFK. We went shopping but arrived back early so had time for a drink in a bar over the road. Charles said if the car arrived he would come over and call us. Service! By the way, allow plenty of time to get back to JFK - we were travelling at 5pm and the traffic was bad - a little over 1.5 hours.

All in all, an excellent stay and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a great base for Times Square, Broadway and Central Park. Thanks again to Joanna and staff.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for view and low traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boronet

Hello boronet and thank you for fantastic review! We truly appreciate all the good words and knowing that your stay with us was a memorable experience really made my day! It’s great that we were able to accommodate you with room request and that your wife had a memorable Birthday celebration. It was my pleasure to assist you and I will make sure to share your comments with my team.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

we stayed here for 2nights rooms were big ,nice and clean we were on the 2nd floor try to get a room on the 3rd or above as you can hear and feel the tube trains this was not a problem for us as it's not loud , all staff were very friendly and helpful, ideal for all excursions , taxis were pretty cheap for short distances so we used these quite a lot as we did not have a lot of time ,

Room Tip: 3rd floor and above
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fishfaceNorfolk
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Hi there fishfaceNorfolk and thank you for your review! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and that the vibe of busy neighborhood did not bother you during the stay. It’s great that our staff was there when you needed help and I hope tp welcome you back one day if you decide to visit NYC again!