“Good location!!”

Ranked #136 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good location, clean hotel and rooms, helpful polite staff.. We would definitely stay here again if we returned to New York!! Love New York in general it's definitely a place you have to experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi claire_mike1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with a memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance now or in the future.

Regards,
Tennile Boyd
Director of Guest Experience
646.710.5713
Tennile.boyd@hilton.com

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Every year I go to to NYC at least once a year to see friends and hang out in the city. I've stayed at this property a few times. It is a great HGI. The hotel is clean and in a great location in the city. It is close to Times Square and the Theater District. It also has a great sandwich shop nearby called Carve Unique Sandwiches. Try the Thanksgiving on a roll if you go there.

The rooms at this HGI are also clean and the bed was very comfortable. The maid service is also excellent. Also, the windows are double thick window panes so you hardly hear the city below. I always get a great night's rest. The staff is warm, friendly, and very professional. The high speed internet access also works great. Finally, you can get a great breakfast at their adjoining restaurant called Pigalle. I'm a Hilton Diamond member so I stay at a lot of Hilton properties and this is one is one of the best. I always enjoy staying here and when I return to NYC, I will be back. If you are planning a weekend in NYC and want to be in the heart of the city, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MichaelE777
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi there MichaelE777 and thank you for your wonderful review! It’s so great to know that our hotel is a destination of your choice when visiting NYC and that every stay results in a great experience!
We will be looking forward to your upcoming stay with us!
Until Next Time!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My friend and I arrived for a four night stay on July 16. I have stayed here many times but it was a first time for my traveling companion. I wanted everything to be just right. We got off to a little bit of a rocky start ..nothing monumental but enough to put an edge onthe start of your vacation. As usual the personnel at HGI made it right immediately. Tennile Boyd a guest relations manager made all the calls necessary and everything was made right. Tenille kindly made breakfast available for us each morning to help make up for the "coupon promotion"glitch. Even though the vendor and not the hotel was at fault the Hilton made it all right as that is their policy.
The rest of our stay at this hotel was great. Our room was clean and had all the ammenities we needed. Having a small fridge,microwave and coffee machine are an added bonus. Housekeeping was friendly and efficient. All at the hotel were friendly and courteous.
This hotel is the perfect location especially if you are seeing shows...we saw 4 and could walk to all with a plethora of all kinds of eating establishments. Please consider this little gem of a NYC hotel. Thank you again all especially Tennile!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors...quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patti M

Hello Patti M and thank you so much for such a great review! I am thrilled that Tennile was able to turn a rocky start into memorable rest of the stay! It’s great that you enjoyed the hotel location and found our staff being friendly and courteous. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with my team and we will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!
Until Next Time!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the front desk check-in that was thorough and relevant to your stay, to the seemingly genuine care that Charles took at the front door each time he saw you and asked about your day, our stay was great. Great location, with walking access to the under-seen west side pluthra of good restaurants and bars. Felt very safe around this area. Room size was what you would expect in NYC, but very clean...only opportunity we had was waiting 45 minutes for Guest Services to bring a few extra pillows up to the room late the first night..2 blocks walking to upper Times Square, without all the chaos...we took recommendation of requesting a higher floor room to minimize 8th Avenue noise, and it worked,,,

Room Tip: Higher floors reduces noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Ethan M,
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. It’s great to know that your stay with us was a memorable experience and you took advantage of a central location. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with Charles!
Please accept my apologies that your request for additional pillows took a while to be completed, I will make sure to follow up on that with my housekeeping.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel was clean and attractive. The staff was very helpful; however, we chose to eat in the restaurant on the first floor. We found the food cold, the bacon was rubbery and inedible. It was returned, the second batch was equally as bad. The service was very good, the food was not. Our solution was to find another restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Pearl A,
Thank you for sharing your experience with travel community. It’s great to know that you enjoyed cleanliness of the hotel and helpfulness of our staff. I am really disappointed that you did not enjoy dining experience at the attached restaurant and I will make sure to address your comments with their management.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is in a great location. All the theatres are an easy walk away. The subway access is close and we had a 7 day unlimited pass, so we took it everywhere (easy and inexpensive). Our room was great on the 15th floor, overlooking the street and out toward the water. Heard fire engines quite a bit, because the 54th is right down the street, but otherwise, no noise issues. Love the Keurig coffee maker in the room. The bed was very comfy...pillows are great. My daughter contacted the Inn before our arrival, so a birthday surprise was waiting in our room. What a nice gesture...thank you to the manager and staff (who were all very friendly and helpful)!!! My daughter stayed here on her last time in NYC and we would definitely stay again...and I hope we can return soon, because it was a great trip!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Mary B,
I am so happy reading your review and learn that your stay with us was a memorable one and that we will get a chance to welcome you back one day! Wishing you again Happy Birthday and looking forward to your future booking.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights (July 13-18). I didn't realize when I booked this hotel that it's my second time here. I love this hotel. The location is in the heart of everything. The rooms, although smaller, are very well appointed and clean. Service was great. I reserved a room that included breakfast every morning at La Pigalle. The staff there were wonderful and very attentive. I can't wait to bring my family to NYC and we'll definitely be staying at this hotel. It's the best location in the city! Wi-fi was a little spotty at times which can be aggravating, but not worth taking a star away. I enjoyed taking a walk every morning before training and every evening. Did I tell you I love NYC!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NaturalBelle75
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear NaturalBelle75,
I ma extremely happy to know that your second time with us was a memorable one and that you are planning on bringing your family to NYC and consider staying with us again! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly once you book your next reservation and I will make sure to create another memorable experience!