We were looking for a newer, clean hotel within walking distance of some of the major sights but not to be overwhelmed with the city the minute we got out of the door. We have two elementary aged children so we wanted to be close to their expected favs..the AG store and M&M store. We were pleased with the location, with parking next door (40 plus no in and out privileges), and with the hotel itself. We did not want a hotel that had too many exciting features (pool etc) because the point was to enjoy the city, not a hotel room.
Cleanliness. Always a concern for me. It was clean and relatively new. The bathroom had clearly been renovated, judging by the older door frame, but it was in great shape (and I am a stickler for dirty grout and odd smells, one step away from buying one of those black lights). The beds and pillows were firm and comfy and we appreciated the mini fridge for our leftovers.
Noise. Best part of the sleep was the lack of noise from the Air Conditioner. The A/C was AWESOME in terms of noise! It did not kick on and off all night...just stayed steady and cool. Why can't all hotels figure this A/C trick out? We were on the 9th floor and aside from the sirens, we did not hear the city traffic. Great views of city nightlife for our kids' first visit to the Big Apple.
In General. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all this fit our needs of being a safe, clean, pleasant place to stay close to Times Square for a family of four.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton