“Fantastic Hotel and Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights May 14-20th. I would say it was the best place we have stayed in our 6-7 trips to the city. We mainly go to NY for theatre, dining and shopping and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even if the rates went a little higher than we paid.

I found all of the staff really friendly. The room was very, very spacious for NY standards. The bed was very comfortable, and again extremely clean by NY standards. I liked being able to get starbucks coffee...for free!!! before 10am each morning. I also found it to be quiet and completely comfortable for the 6 days.

The best part was the location. I think its far better to be on this side of broadway. The restaurants are fantastic. The one attached to the hotel so-so (although part of a chain, we ate brunch at Marseille and it was great.) There is a great Italian restaurant called 44S, at 44th street. Amazing lady owns the restaurant, and the most authentic outside of Italy. Other restaurants in the area are all good. There is a great park like area just one block over. Great spot to go in the afternoon when you feel a little tired from all sightseeing, eating etc. Very close obviously to all the theatres.

We don't tend to spend a lot of time in a hotel in a city like NY, but this time we did use the Fridge/microwave. The trendy food emporium was great for getting OJ and muffins to have w coffee. Stock the fridge with some drinks.

Again I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. Even if I had a lot more disposable income, I think I would still look at staying here over even some of the supposed 5 star hotels.

1  Thank cocohall
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed 4 June 2009

At a good location minutes from everything you could possibly want. Service in the hotel is second to none. If you enjoy Indian food go to the "Jewel of India".

Reviewed 4 June 2009

I have to travel to NYC at least five times a year and this hotel is now my favorite. It is close enough to theatres and Times Square without plopping you down smack in the middle of the chaos. Rooms are clean and nice sized. Beds are heaven (as they say.) The Pigalle restaurant and bar is attached which makes for a convenient start and end to the day. As a business traveller, I love the free wireless! Also love being closer to the great restaurants on 9th Ave. No worries staying here... book and sleep well!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank beachfan101
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Right in theater district. Waling distance to all theaters. Request a room in back so as to avoid the noise on 8th Ave. If you are a Hilton Honors Gold, you will get free breakfast vouchers for restaurant next door. Good. Staff VERY helpful.

1  Thank drewantha
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I can not say enough about this little hotel in the heart of Times Square. I felt that my room was VERY affordable..at $150 a night. It's located just one block behind the heart of Times Square on 8th & 48th. The hotel was spotless, the rooms were huge and very nice - for NY standards. And...I have stayed in many other hotels in NYC and this is the first hotel that had 'sound proof' rooms. I couldn't hear the street noise or even the fire department next door. To top it all off...I'd mentioned in passing that i was in town for my bday to their front desk receptionist (Abigail) who then sent a free breakfast voucher to my room. So sweet! Then...my flight was cancelled out of LaGuardia and I was already checked out and at the airport when I found out. I called the hotel & they told me to come on back - and even offered me another free breakfast because of my problem! Staff is top notch and the hotel is gorgeous. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Lizard72
Reviewed 31 May 2009

This hotel prides itself on customer service. Everyone is friendly and efficient with a "can do " approach.
The location is great and away from the central Times Square madness and is close to some good restaurants, theatres and the subway.
The rooms are comfortable with free internet and are double glazed quiet. The king beds are great. There is also a microwave and fridge (no minibar) so you can stock up on your own things.
Bathroom is not huge but modern and clean.
The hotel is attached to the restaurant next door (Pigalle) which seems popular for both guests and non guests with a diner style menu.
Having stayed in other supposed 5* hotels in the area you can't beat this 3*+ one for value and comfort.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank wonderboy
Reviewed 30 May 2009

The hotel was in a great location, short walk to Times Square, Port Authority and also subway. There were coffee making facilities, microwave, iron and board and wi-fi in the room. There were two queen beds in my room as I was sharing it with a friend. The bed was extremely comfy - fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! Overall condition of room was very good. Shower was powerful and bathroom was clean with hairdryer. The room was on the 3rd floor so did hear the subway occasionally but didn't wake me up or affect anything.
My friend and I arrived at the hotel about 12:30am and were checked in immediately. A taxi from Newark to the hotel (via Dial 7 who I would definitely recommend - great car, reliable and quick service/friendly driver) it cost $46 as booked in advance plus $11 toll and then tip on top of that. We were only there for a couple of days as it was essentially a shopping trip but we found it really easy to get around here there and everywhere. We ended getting a bus to Newark airport from Port Authority which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel (with luggage!) and that cost just $15 taking about an hour when we left at 5:30pm.
Would recommend this hotel if you just want somewhere comfy and clean to sleep that is in a convenient location.

1  Thank Beccy83