We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights May 14-20th. I would say it was the best place we have stayed in our 6-7 trips to the city. We mainly go to NY for theatre, dining and shopping and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even if the rates went a little higher than we paid.
I found all of the staff really friendly. The room was very, very spacious for NY standards. The bed was very comfortable, and again extremely clean by NY standards. I liked being able to get starbucks coffee...for free!!! before 10am each morning. I also found it to be quiet and completely comfortable for the 6 days.
The best part was the location. I think its far better to be on this side of broadway. The restaurants are fantastic. The one attached to the hotel so-so (although part of a chain, we ate brunch at Marseille and it was great.) There is a great Italian restaurant called 44S, at 44th street. Amazing lady owns the restaurant, and the most authentic outside of Italy. Other restaurants in the area are all good. There is a great park like area just one block over. Great spot to go in the afternoon when you feel a little tired from all sightseeing, eating etc. Very close obviously to all the theatres.
We don't tend to spend a lot of time in a hotel in a city like NY, but this time we did use the Fridge/microwave. The trendy food emporium was great for getting OJ and muffins to have w coffee. Stock the fridge with some drinks.
Again I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. Even if I had a lot more disposable income, I think I would still look at staying here over even some of the supposed 5 star hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton