“Overall - Fantastic”

Ranked #145 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cincinnati, OH
“Overall - Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

I come to Manhattan twice a month, usually for 4-7 days at a time. I usually just book whatever Midtown Hilton-brand property has the best price. I'm always glad when the Hilton Garden Inn TS is the hotel I've booked.

As a very frequent traveler, the most important thing for me is 1) the room is clean and fresh and 2) the room is quiet.

This location is always clean, the room & furniture is fresh and new, and I have never had a problem with noise - which to be honest, is unusual in NYC. Management is great - check in is quick and easy, I am often emailed prior to my visit to see if I have any special requests, and the bellmen are fantastic. You only have to look at the reviews on TA to see the interest they take in keeping their customers happy - there are management replies to many of the reviews.

Thanks, Hilton Garden Inn TS! You are a top notch hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Jennifer_Reyes, Director Of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 March 2010
Dear sarahcool,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! Above all I thank you for your loyalty to The Hilton brand but especially to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

Please contact me separately at Jennifer.Reyes@Hilton.com to arrange any special requests for your future stays.

Thank you again and all the best to you!

Director of Guest Experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,324)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

I used to live around the corner from the Hilton Garden Inn so I knew the area and chose this hotel for its location. It is 1 block from the subway that goes to the airport (JFK), close to all subway lines, 1 block from a grocery store (Food Emporium), and close to affordable, less touristy restaurants on 9th Avenue (between 43rd and 53rd-ish).

I was upgraded to a room with 2 queen beds which were quite comfortable. The room was clean, had a desk, flatscreen TV, microwave, refridgerator, iron and ironing board, free wi-fi and they gave me two bottles of water for free upon check-in. They offer cookies in the afternoon, and use of the business center is free, and printing is also free!

The staff was wonderful - consistently friendly and helpful. They held my bags the day I checked out. This is a great location and a hotel that offers good value. I didn't have time to use the gym, but there is one. I'll definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelgalCathy
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 March 2010
Dear TravelgalCathy,

I am thrilled to know that you decided to stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square during your most recent trip to NYC. Being that you lived in the neighborhood and had so many options as to where to stay.

Our team strives to provide the best of service, so I am glad to read that we succeeded with your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

I loved that it was in the middle of Times Square. Just step outside and you have so much to do. We got fresh cookies when we checked in. Was a bit noisy at night because of all the traffic outside, but nothing unbearable.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KanamuK
Dear KanamuK,

On behalf of The Hilton Garden Inn Times square, thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We’re excited to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, and especially enjoyed our fresh baked cookies upon arrival.
All the best and look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Stayed here for a 4 day break recently. Could not fault it in any way. The location was excellent - just round the corner from Times Square and the subway and within walking distance of many famous attractions.
We had a king evolution room and it was very comfy and of good size - the bed even came with dials from which you could control the firmness of the mattress.
We did not eat in the hotel's restaurant Pigalle but noticed that it was constantly full every time we went by which we took as a good sign.
The hotel has a 24 hr shop which was an excellent touch and handy when you needed to pop down and get something.
We would definitely stay here if we returned to NYC.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank unclescooby
Jennifer_Reyes, Director Of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
Dear Unclescooby,

Thank you for your comments and your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

I am very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our King Evolution bed; it is extremely comfortable when set to your preference.

Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you and your family to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

I honestly thought this hotel was great. The room was perfect for me and my spouse - it was close to the subway and (obviously) close to times square. I would definitely stay here again. I got a reasonable deal on expedia when i booked a few months ago.
The bathroom was wonderful - no bathtubs, but they kind of gross me out anyway. There aren't many perks to the hotel, but we were so busy touristing around that we wouldn't have used a gym or pool anyway. A great location if you're gonna see some broadway shows or plan on seeing the sites.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hurlski
Dear Hurlski,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. My name is Jennifer Reyes and I am the Director of Guest Experience.

I and my team could not be more pleased with your impressions of the hotel. We’re excited to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, and the comfort of your room.

Thank you again and all the best to you!
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

This is the perfect place to stay in the Theater District. We knew the location (2 blocks from Restaurant Row) would be terrific and the price fabulous but we didn't know how impressed we would be with this hotel - from the service and warmth of the staff as they greet you in the lovely lobby to the decor, size and cleanliness of the room. And the price couldn't be beat. We won't want to stay anyplace else.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iaatf
Dear Iaatf,

We are happy that you had a great experience and glad that we made a positive impression.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

George Town, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

We recently took the plunge and crossed the Pacific (our first time out of the country) for our whirlwind American honeymoon. The flight from Sydney was looooong and when we finally got into New York it was about 7am and we were truly exhausted after 30+ hours of travelling and waiting around. We were prepared for cold weather but not quite prepared enough. Around 9am we arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I had contacted Hilton Customer Service before we left and asked that they arrange an early check-in for us so that we wouldn't be out on the street when we arrived. They assured me they had attempted to arrange this, but it wasn't done. We left our bags at the hotel and walked outside into the blistering cold. This on top of the travelling was a miserable experience but my dear husband set about fixing the problem.

The staff were so friendly and immediately tried to help out. They gave us the same quality room but on the top floor as ours was still being prepared. It was such a relief to finally have a "home" after so much travelling, and later that night the staff sent up a bottle of wine to help us celebrate our honeymoon. The door-men were most helpful and have us lots of advice on where we could get the electrical things we needed, places to eat, things to see, etc.

The room was very neat and tidy, with a spacious bathroom and very comfortable bed. You could still hear street noise, even on the top floor, but we were expecting this being in New York City which truly proved to be "the city that never sleeps"! We still slept well regardless. Very affordable, close to Times Square and a LOT of other NYC sites (in fact, the Starline tour office is just down the road which will get you almost anywhere you want to go), and there are lots of little delis close by for when you're surviving on a budget as we were. FREE high-speed internet was also very much appreciated when we were so far away from home for the first time.

Everything about our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square was perfect; we couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
Dear ChannieQ,

I very much appreciate your feedback and comments. We were more than happy to make your honeymoon special. I am delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us and your time in the Big Apple or as you would say the city that never sleeps.

I am happy to know you had an enjoyable experience during your visit to NYC and am very happy to know that our team could make a lasting impression. We do have a great staff here and your comments are well received and greatly appreciated. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.