“5 Stars”

Ranked #153 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Potomac, Maryland
“5 Stars”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Prime location, cant get better than this! Walk to times square and shops

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Just got back from a five night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square and enjoyed every minute. Upon arrival we were informed they had no king size bedrooms left but offered us a 2 queen sized bed room and then the opportunity to move the following day. when we went to see the room we decided to stay in the room as we didnt want to waste time moving and the room was lovely. All the staff were lovely i honestly have no complaints, we were even able to check out late at no extra cost - which was a god send as there was snow storm and our flight wasnt till 8pm. Overall was a lovely hotel and great stay in New York.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 March 2010
Dear The_Archies85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially since we could not provide the room type you requested upon arrival.

Our job everyday is to work to ensure that the service exceeds the product because in the end, that is, what matters most. I look forward to you enjoying that experience.

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I come to Manhattan twice a month, usually for 4-7 days at a time. I usually just book whatever Midtown Hilton-brand property has the best price. I'm always glad when the Hilton Garden Inn TS is the hotel I've booked.

As a very frequent traveler, the most important thing for me is 1) the room is clean and fresh and 2) the room is quiet.

This location is always clean, the room & furniture is fresh and new, and I have never had a problem with noise - which to be honest, is unusual in NYC. Management is great - check in is quick and easy, I am often emailed prior to my visit to see if I have any special requests, and the bellmen are fantastic. You only have to look at the reviews on TA to see the interest they take in keeping their customers happy - there are management replies to many of the reviews.

Thanks, Hilton Garden Inn TS! You are a top notch hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Jennifer_Reyes, Director Of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 March 2010
Dear sarahcool,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! Above all I thank you for your loyalty to The Hilton brand but especially to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

Please contact me separately at Jennifer.Reyes@Hilton.com to arrange any special requests for your future stays.

Thank you again and all the best to you!

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I used to live around the corner from the Hilton Garden Inn so I knew the area and chose this hotel for its location. It is 1 block from the subway that goes to the airport (JFK), close to all subway lines, 1 block from a grocery store (Food Emporium), and close to affordable, less touristy restaurants on 9th Avenue (between 43rd and 53rd-ish).

I was upgraded to a room with 2 queen beds which were quite comfortable. The room was clean, had a desk, flatscreen TV, microwave, refridgerator, iron and ironing board, free wi-fi and they gave me two bottles of water for free upon check-in. They offer cookies in the afternoon, and use of the business center is free, and printing is also free!

The staff was wonderful - consistently friendly and helpful. They held my bags the day I checked out. This is a great location and a hotel that offers good value. I didn't have time to use the gym, but there is one. I'll definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelgalCathy
Dear TravelgalCathy,

I am thrilled to know that you decided to stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square during your most recent trip to NYC. Being that you lived in the neighborhood and had so many options as to where to stay.

Our team strives to provide the best of service, so I am glad to read that we succeeded with your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I loved that it was in the middle of Times Square. Just step outside and you have so much to do. We got fresh cookies when we checked in. Was a bit noisy at night because of all the traffic outside, but nothing unbearable.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KanamuK
Dear KanamuK,

On behalf of The Hilton Garden Inn Times square, thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We’re excited to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, and especially enjoyed our fresh baked cookies upon arrival.
All the best and look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Shropshire
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Stayed here for a 4 day break recently. Could not fault it in any way. The location was excellent - just round the corner from Times Square and the subway and within walking distance of many famous attractions.
We had a king evolution room and it was very comfy and of good size - the bed even came with dials from which you could control the firmness of the mattress.
We did not eat in the hotel's restaurant Pigalle but noticed that it was constantly full every time we went by which we took as a good sign.
The hotel has a 24 hr shop which was an excellent touch and handy when you needed to pop down and get something.
We would definitely stay here if we returned to NYC.

1 Thank unclescooby
Jennifer_Reyes, Director Of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
Dear Unclescooby,

Thank you for your comments and your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

I am very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our King Evolution bed; it is extremely comfortable when set to your preference.

Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you and your family to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

Ottawa
Reviewed 19 February 2010

I honestly thought this hotel was great. The room was perfect for me and my spouse - it was close to the subway and (obviously) close to times square. I would definitely stay here again. I got a reasonable deal on expedia when i booked a few months ago.
The bathroom was wonderful - no bathtubs, but they kind of gross me out anyway. There aren't many perks to the hotel, but we were so busy touristing around that we wouldn't have used a gym or pool anyway. A great location if you're gonna see some broadway shows or plan on seeing the sites.

2 Thank hurlski
Dear Hurlski,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. My name is Jennifer Reyes and I am the Director of Guest Experience.

I and my team could not be more pleased with your impressions of the hotel. We’re excited to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, and the comfort of your room.

Thank you again and all the best to you!