“Friendliest Staff I Have Ever Met....Along with a Nice Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #147 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Friendliest Staff I Have Ever Met....Along with a Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 28 March 2010

The staff and people took better care of us at this hotel than at other much higher end hotels ever have. They took initiative to contact us before the trip asking if we needed anything and continued once we arrived. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly....from the desk to cleaning staff, to bell men, to the wait staff. Can't recommend the service enough. The hotel was very standard for a Hilton Garden. Nice 'regular' size rooms, close to the theater district and restaurants. Bravo!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 4 April 2010
Dear Jetdriver11,

We can not thank you enough for the your extremely flattering review. Our team strives to provide the best of service, so I am glad to read that we succeeded with your experience.

Our job everyday is to work to ensure that the service exceeds the product because in the end, that is, what matters most.

I look forward to you enjoying that experience once again!

Jennifer Reyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
vaxspydr
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I really thought that this ammenity was a given- breakfast room service. It is a Hilton!
The hotel key card had an egg that said "start your day off with a great breakfast". And perhaps I am spoiled for wanting to wake up for a liesurely breakfast in my room before starting my day. Can you imagine my surprise when I arrived and realized there is NO breakfast room service available.... ! So disappointed.
A good night stay none the less and the restaurant attached was fine - but I really wished someone would have mentioned this in their "perfect" reviews. Next time I will call ahead.

Good location, clean rooms,friendly service.... so all in all the reviews were on target.

Dear vaxspydr,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review, with our guests insightful feedback we are able to address our challenges as well as celebrate our successes.

I do apologize for not providing Breakfast room service, but I also want to thank you for informing us of your thoughts and feelings about it. We are reviewing our breakfast process and hopefully will have favorable results. If you do decide to visit us again in the future, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to set up a room service breakfast arrangement.

NJ
Reviewed 28 March 2010

After reviewing Tripadvisor, I booked three rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square for this past weekend. I am also a Hilton Honors member so I wanted to use a hotel in the Hilton family.
There were six of us total and we were all very pleased with the accomodations. The rooms were clean, the beds were so comfortable and it was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave available. Every employee we came in contact with was pleasant and very helpful, which is so nice to experience when visiting the "big city".
We were traveling with elderly parents who can not walk long distances, so the convenient location to our choosen restaurant and theater was great.
My husband and I travel to NY quite a bit and I am so pleased to find a wonderful gem where we can stay, that is near everything we enjoy in NYC.
We will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 11 April 2010
Dear jerseygirl8081,

I very much appreciate your feedback and comments. We were more than happy to make you, your friends & family (especially your parents) stay special.

I am very proud of the hotel and the wonderful staff I have the privilege of working with. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me prior so I can assure everything is perfect at Jennifer.Reyes@Hilton.com.

Director of Guest Experience
South East UK
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This hotel is right in the thick of things, a stones throw from the main Times Square and Broadway attractions. I stayed for two nights and was perfectly happy. The rooms were spotless, check in was easy and quick. My room was on the 7th floor, and being New York it wasn't totally peaceful - but then you don't go to NYC for peace and quiet!

Cost was pretty good actually, $700 for two people staying two nights. Considering this is a HIlton, and it's location, I was happy with that.

Rooms had a nice LCD TV, good bathroom. My colleague left a jacket there and we picked it up on our return to NYC a few days later - it wasn't easy speaking to housekeeping, but once they had located the jacket they bagged it up for him and were quick to retrieve it when we got there.

Recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We booked 3 rooms in this hotel well in advance and got a fantastic advance purchase rate. Unfortunately we could not have rooms on the same floor as eachother, but as we arrived late in the day in peak season this is understandable. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy enough for Manhattan. The doormen were always happy and helpful. I did get sick of being bugged by tour sales people as i stepped out each time, but i guess that's the area. It was safe at night with constant streat past the front door. We walked to so many places including Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Central Park from here. Towards the end of our 5 night stay i got sick and my sister talked to the front desk. They organised for their hotel doctor to come and see me and i was very impressed. The lobby was a nice cool relaxing place to wait for our group. If we can get such a super rate again i would book instantly as it was so convienient!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We booked this hotel after reading so many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed! Our room was large, clean, quiet and had free wi-fi. The location is perfect: an easy walk to Times Square, Central Park, nearby subway station, etc. Being near to the theatre district, there are also plenty of restaurants in close proximity (we loved Becco www.becco-nyc.com). Needless to say we agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews!

Liverpool
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Stayed in HGI Times square in Feb 2009, and what can I say this hotel is great. So good that I have booked again for May 2010, Just 7 weeks to go and I Can’t wait! When re-booking we didn't even think about booking any other hotel other then this one! Staff were great, very friendly and remembered you when you walked through the lobby, our room 1521 (Hope I get the same one this time) was on the top floor facing 8th Avenue, and with views if the Hudson River. The room was massive and the bed was the best I’ve ever slept on. We had free coffee making facilities and a fridge, and the wifi was free! Location was great 1 block away from Times Square, Broadway theatres and next door to a super market, (which you can get microwave food as there is one in the room.) As other reviews say the hotel is next to a fire house, but this never caused any problems, after all we are in NYC and I think your in the wrong place if you going to complain about hearing the odd siren and horns Blowing. I would go as far to say this is one of the best hotels I have been in and easily matches up to it's parent company’s standards. If not better in some instances! See you again in 7 weeks HGI Times Square. I have recommended this hotel time over.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 24 March 2010
Hello Rob100185,

You have us all overjoyed by your excitement of returning to HGI Times Square. I would love if you could send me your personal information; your name and confirmation number, in order to assure that we do the best we can to get you room 1521 once again. We can also arrange anything special you might need or request. You can reach me at Jennifer.Reyes@Hilton.com or at 212-581-7000.

We thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back in May!

Director of Guest Experience