“Fantastic hotel - will def return!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #152 of 467 Hotels in New York City
scotland
“Fantastic hotel - will def return!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

It's all been said before but this hotel cannot be faulted. From location to room size, staff to cleanliness, everything just great. Although I have to say, we weren't in the room very much over the 4 nights we stayed, there's just so much to see out there! A lovely touch was the gift bag left in our rooms, this followed email correspondence by myself & Jennifer (Director of Guest Experiences) as to the reason for our trip to NY - very much appreciated! Bed extremely comfortable and slept well, quiet in the room but the odd siren screaming outside added to the whole NY experience. Location fantastic, we did so much walking but then started to use the subway just round the corner, day pass fantastic value. The female concierge (can't rememember her name) very friendly & helpful, booked us an airlink cab back to the airport, driver a real character! We didn't use the restaurant attached to the hotel but can recommend the bar directly across the road (Social I think) and also the Cosmic Diner ( 3 blocks up 8th Ave), real American diner with good service and fab omelettes! The Irish bar Hurleys (round the corner from hotel) also great, say hi to Mickey the barman. All in all a fabulous holiday & hotel and will recommend this hotel to all family & friends & hope to be back in the not too distant future! Well done Hilton Garden.

3 Thank AberdeenAng
Jennifer_Reyes, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 16 May 2010
Dear AberdeenAng,

This review is a knockout…what can I say but thank you for your utter most words of gratitude to the hotel! This review makes the Hilton Garden Inn so grateful for the simple reason we have people who truly understand and appreciate what the Hilton Garden Inn family strives to accomplish for each guest that stays with us, and what is a plus is that we just happened to be in such a great location in Times Square!!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I took my husband to the Hilton Garden Inn for his 60th Birthday as he has always wanted to visit New York.
The hotel is in a fantastic location and is not too big so it is so friendly. The room we had was lovely on the 12th floor with good views and were cleaned beautifully every day with toiletries etc.
We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and that was good value.
The staff on reception, bell boys and consierge were most helpful and a special thank you to Mary Anne who gave my husband a birthday cake and card and recommended various restaurants to us.
We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York and hope to return one day.
Thanks again to everyone at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank conival
Dear Conival,

It was a pleasure meeting you two during that week you visited NYC. I enjoyed our conversation and I was glad I could be part of your husband’s 60th birthday. As we know they only come once a year! Thank you for highly recommending the Hilton Garden Inn and appreciating the services we provide here. I know you will not be come to NYC anytime soon, but I will still hope you will return in the near future, maybe your birthday could be your return date.. All the best!

Reviewed 3 May 2010

This is a great hotel to stay. We stayed in a room with 2 queen-size beds (most hotels are double beds). Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean. You can watch all the bustle on the streets below, yet it's quiet in the room. The rooms have a fridge and microwave, which is very convenient. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Just ask, and they'll recommend restaurants, shopping, you name it.

The hotel is in a great location. We went to different theater every night and it was just a few blocks walk to the theaters, restaurants, Rockefeller Center. You're just 2 or 3 blocks from the center of Times Square with all its glitz. You can buy tickets for Gray Line bus tours just down the street from the hotel. Highly recommend the 72-hour Hop-on/Hop-off tours. Across the street is a small 24-hour grocery store to stock up on beverages, snacks, etc.

You won't regret staying at this hotel.

2 Thank vlun22
Dear vlun22,

Wow, I think you summed up the hotel and location quite nicely. I don’t think I could have said it better. The staff here is very accommodating to our guest and we are in a prime location.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square and we will wait for your arrival in the near future…

Xi'an, China
Reviewed 3 May 2010

The room is cozy and i feel comfortable there. I love the bed and liners,
The memory was interesting....
The location is wonderful! Just walk for a few mitutes and we can get to the Times Square.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 16 May 2010
Dear Angelbabylau,

There's no better feeling than to be comfortable and cozy at a hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotels atmosphere and were able to bring home memories that will last forever!

Hope to welcome you back!

Director of Guest Experience
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in Manhattan over the past ten years, but I have to say, this one was my favorite. Was it the most elegant? no, but it has a vibe that you can't explain until you're there. To start off, a week before our arrival date, I received an email from Jennifer in guest services welcoming me to my upcoming stay. Well, you would think that this was a generic form letter...it wasn't. I shot an email back to her, and in 5 minutes, I had a response. Wow, that never happens. She helped me efficiently for all my extra needs.

We arrived to a very friendly staff and quick check in. The location was spectacular, in Times Square, but faces 8th, so you feel far enough removed from the hustle bustle. All you need to do is turn the corner at 48th or 49th and you are in the middle of it all. The room was large by times square standards. The best bonus for me was NO SMOKING!! Wow, I have been to very expensive hotels where I can still smell smoke from other floors. No worries at the Garden Inn. The restaurant Pigalle's (not sure I spelled it correctly) was perfect for breakfast, the food was great. Never tried it for dinner, but heard it was really good (according to my Playbill). Just around the corner is a Food Emporium. We were able to purchase some staples to store in the fridge in the room. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the furniture is modern and efficient. This hotel is the perfect size. Not so big that you have to wait 5 minutes for an elevator (Marriott Marquis), and not so small that you feel you're in a B & B. I could go on and on, but let me sum up by saying that you won't regret staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JEFFG10
Pelican Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This hotel is in Times Square just one block from Broadway. Excellent location! Gray Line tour bus stop (I highly recommend this) is half a block away, stores, restaurants, snacks, souvenirs, are on the same block and everything is within close walking distance. I highly recommend staying here...you're in the heart of the action and the hotel itself is wonderful. The staff is superb both in service and friendliness. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
Dear Alexis31,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments on The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

We are very pleased that you were happy with the location and the attentiveness of our staff. You are absolutely correct; we are at a prime location with a variety of restaurants and in walking distance to tons of shopping districts.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to New York City.

Warm Regards,
Director of Guest Experience
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Good service,,great restaurant attached..rooms were clean quiet..good security and overall a great location close to the Theaters and Times square.. Overall service of the staff there was wonderful and they were elpful and went out of their way to assist you

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JDM1109
Dear JDM1109,

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us, thank you.

I must admit our location is ideal for sightseeing base; Times Square is the heart of New York!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to New York City.

Warmest Regards,