My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night the 2nd weekend of May 2010. On Saturday night, we stayed at a larger Hilton in midtown as we generally frequent full service hotels and stay at an occasional Hilton Garden Inn - usually in much more suburban areas. The full service Hilton was a hassle - the lobby was always overcrowded and the elevators were hit and miss. It could take you 15-20 minutes to get to your room.
We stayed at this hotel on the Sunday night as we had gotten an excellent rate. I could not rate this hotel with any higher marks. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, the hotel guest service staff e-mailed me prior to my arrival to ask about any special requests. We requested a top floor corner room and a late check out - all of which were provided upon arrival. The hotel is in a good location in mid-town and was quite comfortable. The lobby was a breeze to get in and out and we never waited for an elevator. The room was large and comfortable. We had a great dinner out at a local seafood restaurant and spent the evening in a dark and cozy piano bar. The breakfast the next morning in the attached cafe was also excellent.
We enjoyed this stay so much that I took the time to e-mail the guest service staff that had originally contacted me. I have stayed at other hotels in NYC and honestly, I would choose this hotel over any of the larger ones in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and TravelUp so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton