“Highly recommended for New York City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #142 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Vermont
“Highly recommended for New York City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night the 2nd weekend of May 2010. On Saturday night, we stayed at a larger Hilton in midtown as we generally frequent full service hotels and stay at an occasional Hilton Garden Inn - usually in much more suburban areas. The full service Hilton was a hassle - the lobby was always overcrowded and the elevators were hit and miss. It could take you 15-20 minutes to get to your room.

We stayed at this hotel on the Sunday night as we had gotten an excellent rate. I could not rate this hotel with any higher marks. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, the hotel guest service staff e-mailed me prior to my arrival to ask about any special requests. We requested a top floor corner room and a late check out - all of which were provided upon arrival. The hotel is in a good location in mid-town and was quite comfortable. The lobby was a breeze to get in and out and we never waited for an elevator. The room was large and comfortable. We had a great dinner out at a local seafood restaurant and spent the evening in a dark and cozy piano bar. The breakfast the next morning in the attached cafe was also excellent.

We enjoyed this stay so much that I took the time to e-mail the guest service staff that had originally contacted me. I have stayed at other hotels in NYC and honestly, I would choose this hotel over any of the larger ones in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Colleen_M_Price
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 22 May 2010
Dear Colleen_M_Price,

Thank you for your most recent stay, and wonderful review and letter!

Our goal at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is to provide our guests with a hotel experience with a sense of time and place unlike any other. I am pleased to hear that my team made such a positive impact on your stay, especially compared to our full service hotel!

We are all anxiously awaiting your return! I still have your letter posted up!

Director of Guest Experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I was very pleased with everything. The room was spacious and the fridge/microwave was very nice to have. The entire staff was wonderful and pleasant. The location is great & within walking distance to broadway shows, Times Square, and good restaurants. I would like to give a special "shout out" to Jennifer Reyes, Director of Guest Experience. I would definitely stay at the hotel again while visiting NY. Thank you for everything

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy0603
Dear Cathy0603,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for this visit to New York City.

I’m thrilled that you found our accommodations spacious and welcoming and our location convenient to all the NYC has to offer. I also want to thank you again for the magnificent email you sent me the other day, not to mention my shout out!

Your Hilton Garden Inn Family will be looking forward to your to your next visit!

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

We really enjoyed the 3 night stay at this hotel. The reception were very efficient and friendly.

The location is great - just off Broadway you can be in Times Sqaure within literally a couple of minutes, but you are away from it. If you plan to do the varous tour buses, these stop very close to the hotel and there is a subway stop within a 5 minute walk.

Checkin was eventless.

The room was reasonably sized considering this is NY and very clean and new looking. There was actually a microwave and a fridge so if you love micromeals you're sorted!

There is a business centre where you can print for free and free wifi in the rooms.

A less positive thing to comment on (and it's not even negative) is when you go into the hotel you are greeted by a number of doormen which have the feeling more of 'bouncers and security guards than welcome doormen. They are super polite and helpful so not a problem - but an odd feeling.

The price is okay realtive to a number of other NY hotels in the area but is still quite steep.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CC-and-LJ
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

First time to new york, booked via expedia - no need for proof of purchase upon arrival at hotel as they already had my details. Checked in several hours earlier and our room was ready which was very nice - i had also previously requested a room on a floor higher than the 5th which was done for me. Very quick check in - room size very good ( i hear rooms are not big in new york but this was fine). The only thing i would say could be improved if i had to pick would be the bathroom be a little bigger - but that really is a small niggle and overall the hotel was fab. Bed made and fresh towels each day. Concierge (especially Larry) very helpful in giving information and making restaurant reservations. Check out just as easy. Great hotel overall and brilliant location, one block from times square - still not too noisy. Couldnt fault it!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mizzmunch
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

I love absolutely everything about this hotel. I have stayed here three times and think it is the best place to stay in NYC.

I sleep through just about anything after an exciting day in NYC, but it must be noted that the hotel is a block away from a fire station. A higher floor is recommended (5th or above), because the subway runs underneath the hotel (might hear some rumbling).

My favorite perks:
-Great comfort and convenience - bed is fantastic - service great - microwave and mini fridge in every room
-Just one block from Broadway and Times Square
-Food Emporium across the street - great for any craving you might have - grab gourmet coffee and croissants there in the morning and bring them back to the room (it's become a tradition with me)
-Shopping everywhere!
-Restaurants galore one block over on 9th Ave - try Marseille, 630 9th Ave. for the best dessert ever!
ENJOY!

2 Thank AnitaVacation9
Dear AnitaVacation9,

Thank for choosing to stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

I am happy to know you that you have been here 3 times and still find it to be a charm. Our Evolutions beds are divine, especially when set you your personal comfort. Our location is ideal, like you said one block away from Broadway (entertainment) and one block away from Hell's Kitchen (a mixture of cuisines). I have to agree with you, Food Emporium is definitely an added bonus.

Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

I got assigned this hotel through a blind-bidding website, and it did not disappoint. The location on 8th between 48th/49th is great, and there are lots of nice restaurants and attractions right outside your door.

We stayed in 609, which is a non-street view room, so we didn't have any noise problems. The cleaning staff was also quiet when going about their duties in other rooms on our hallway - something I really appreciated as I was sleeping late; they didn't violate my "do not disturb" sign, even though I lingered till close to noon (check-out time).

The king room was quite roomy for a NYC hotel, and the desk was big, with a nice business-type chair. Free wireless access in-room - HOORAY!

The bed was comfortable, with a nice plush duvet and sufficient pillows. The bathroom, as others have mentioned, was not particularly spacious, but totally adequate...the shower had great water pressure and good-quality towels.

The staff was very helpful and efficient; they let us check in early, gave a good brunch recommendation, and made check out a breeze. Special shout-out to Nick at the front desk for attentive service.

3 Thank hannah98
Dear Hannah98,

I cannot thank you up enough for this remarkable review! You touched on very essential details of our property.

I’m thrilled that you found our accommodations clean, convenient, and comfortable. Our housekeeping department does a fantastic job, and I’ll be sure and share your feedback with them. I will also be sure and share your comments with Nick. He is a great asset to our team, and genuinely cares for all of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

eindhoven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

Our first trip to NY from The Netherlands with our teenage kids was an amazing experience. We have stayed for 6 nights. The hotel was excellent in price/quality. Easy to reach from JFK by Airtrain, subway E, directly to 50th street. Near to Times Square, dozens of restaurants between 8 and 9th Avenue, bike rent around the corner, etc....
We had a room at the back; second floor. No fantastic view and some continuous noise from the outside air conditioning-machines, but comfortable beds for a good night sleep (we got easily used to the continuous noise).
The staff does a perfect job cleaning en refreshing towels and sheets. So when we returned after a hard day walking en looking around in the city, it was a pleasure to enter the room. The service at the reception and specially form the information desk was perfect and friendly. They took all the time needed to answer questions, give advise or book tickets. The free computer and internet was gratefully used by our children. We had a wonderful time also thanks to the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family