“When the people mak the difference... Congratulations Natalie, Nuemi and Mel”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #153 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Miami Beach, Florida
“When the people mak the difference... Congratulations Natalie, Nuemi and Mel”
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel and the ladies at the front desk really make te difference during my stay... I had some problems with a package that I sent to the Hotel from Amazon... The UPS made a huge mistake and delivered my package to a wrong address... Even with nothing of this problem has any relation with the hotel... The Ladies at the front desk (Natalie, Nuemi and Mel) made everything to help me and they could track the package and give me the good news where it was and I could receive it.
So again this really make a difference... As the most famous marketing guru says... This things make a real difference and certainly when I will look again to the hotel in New York I will be in Hilton Garden Inn just because of this 3 super ladies...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank pnasser2112
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 23 May 2010
Dear Pnasser2112,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments on The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the experience, but even more I am happy that our staff could touch your experience and make it memorable, it sounds like you guys had an adventure with tracking your package together. Natalie, Noemi, and Mel are truly amazing! They really do care about every guest and will always go above and beyond to ensure a special experience. I will ensure that they are recognized from your comments. I do understand how important it is for them to know.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square in the near future.

Director of Guest Experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed for several nights at the beginning of May at this location.
Having been a Hilton Honors member since 1995, I have stayed Hilton family hotels around the world and usually have certain expectations as to the experience of the stay.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this particular location.
I was looking to stay in Midtown on this trip and this location (8th & 48th) proved to be perfect.
My room on the 15th floor was surprisingly quiet and in good condition.
The complimentary, cooked to order breakfast served each morning in the 'Pigalle' restaurant, was delicious and the service was prompt and friendly.

My Honors gold vip welcome package was one of the best I have received over the years, surpassing many flagship Hilton & Conrads!
I want to mention and compliment Jennifer Reyes, (the Director of Guest Experience) for her outstanding customer service, her efforts will earn my repeat business!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank moodyb
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 22 May 2010
Dear Moodyb,

I am extremely ecstatic to see that you were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our property, from the location, room location, Pigalle and most importantly service. Thank you for extremely flattering words but I cannot take any credit for it, for I am extremely fortunate to work with a team that truly loves to make all of our guests feel as if they were home.

Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Vermont
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night the 2nd weekend of May 2010. On Saturday night, we stayed at a larger Hilton in midtown as we generally frequent full service hotels and stay at an occasional Hilton Garden Inn - usually in much more suburban areas. The full service Hilton was a hassle - the lobby was always overcrowded and the elevators were hit and miss. It could take you 15-20 minutes to get to your room.

We stayed at this hotel on the Sunday night as we had gotten an excellent rate. I could not rate this hotel with any higher marks. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, the hotel guest service staff e-mailed me prior to my arrival to ask about any special requests. We requested a top floor corner room and a late check out - all of which were provided upon arrival. The hotel is in a good location in mid-town and was quite comfortable. The lobby was a breeze to get in and out and we never waited for an elevator. The room was large and comfortable. We had a great dinner out at a local seafood restaurant and spent the evening in a dark and cozy piano bar. The breakfast the next morning in the attached cafe was also excellent.

We enjoyed this stay so much that I took the time to e-mail the guest service staff that had originally contacted me. I have stayed at other hotels in NYC and honestly, I would choose this hotel over any of the larger ones in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Colleen_M_Price
Dear Colleen_M_Price,

Thank you for your most recent stay, and wonderful review and letter!

Our goal at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is to provide our guests with a hotel experience with a sense of time and place unlike any other. I am pleased to hear that my team made such a positive impact on your stay, especially compared to our full service hotel!

We are all anxiously awaiting your return! I still have your letter posted up!

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I was very pleased with everything. The room was spacious and the fridge/microwave was very nice to have. The entire staff was wonderful and pleasant. The location is great & within walking distance to broadway shows, Times Square, and good restaurants. I would like to give a special "shout out" to Jennifer Reyes, Director of Guest Experience. I would definitely stay at the hotel again while visiting NY. Thank you for everything

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy0603
Dear Cathy0603,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for this visit to New York City.

I’m thrilled that you found our accommodations spacious and welcoming and our location convenient to all the NYC has to offer. I also want to thank you again for the magnificent email you sent me the other day, not to mention my shout out!

Your Hilton Garden Inn Family will be looking forward to your to your next visit!

England
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We really enjoyed the 3 night stay at this hotel. The reception were very efficient and friendly.

The location is great - just off Broadway you can be in Times Sqaure within literally a couple of minutes, but you are away from it. If you plan to do the varous tour buses, these stop very close to the hotel and there is a subway stop within a 5 minute walk.

Checkin was eventless.

The room was reasonably sized considering this is NY and very clean and new looking. There was actually a microwave and a fridge so if you love micromeals you're sorted!

There is a business centre where you can print for free and free wifi in the rooms.

A less positive thing to comment on (and it's not even negative) is when you go into the hotel you are greeted by a number of doormen which have the feeling more of 'bouncers and security guards than welcome doormen. They are super polite and helpful so not a problem - but an odd feeling.

The price is okay realtive to a number of other NY hotels in the area but is still quite steep.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank CC-and-LJ
UK
Reviewed 14 May 2010

First time to new york, booked via expedia - no need for proof of purchase upon arrival at hotel as they already had my details. Checked in several hours earlier and our room was ready which was very nice - i had also previously requested a room on a floor higher than the 5th which was done for me. Very quick check in - room size very good ( i hear rooms are not big in new york but this was fine). The only thing i would say could be improved if i had to pick would be the bathroom be a little bigger - but that really is a small niggle and overall the hotel was fab. Bed made and fresh towels each day. Concierge (especially Larry) very helpful in giving information and making restaurant reservations. Check out just as easy. Great hotel overall and brilliant location, one block from times square - still not too noisy. Couldnt fault it!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mizzmunch
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I love absolutely everything about this hotel. I have stayed here three times and think it is the best place to stay in NYC.

I sleep through just about anything after an exciting day in NYC, but it must be noted that the hotel is a block away from a fire station. A higher floor is recommended (5th or above), because the subway runs underneath the hotel (might hear some rumbling).

My favorite perks:
-Great comfort and convenience - bed is fantastic - service great - microwave and mini fridge in every room
-Just one block from Broadway and Times Square
-Food Emporium across the street - great for any craving you might have - grab gourmet coffee and croissants there in the morning and bring them back to the room (it's become a tradition with me)
-Shopping everywhere!
-Restaurants galore one block over on 9th Ave - try Marseille, 630 9th Ave. for the best dessert ever!
ENJOY!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnitaVacation9
Dear AnitaVacation9,

Thank for choosing to stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

I am happy to know you that you have been here 3 times and still find it to be a charm. Our Evolutions beds are divine, especially when set you your personal comfort. Our location is ideal, like you said one block away from Broadway (entertainment) and one block away from Hell's Kitchen (a mixture of cuisines). I have to agree with you, Food Emporium is definitely an added bonus.

Our goal is to build our loyalty with our guests and it’s great to see we have been successful with you. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.