“Highly recommend-- friendly, comfortable, and the best location !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #140 of 463 Hotels in New York City
RI
“Highly recommend-- friendly, comfortable, and the best location !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

This hotel was perfect for our short trip to NYC. Great location, subway less than a block away, many, many great restaurants nearby. Every staff member we encountered- doorman, housekeeping, at the front desk--all were friendly and helpful, yet very professional. They gladly held our luggage for us after we checked out. The room was good sized, spotless and quiet. Everything seemed recently updated and the bed was so comfortable.
Had a delicious breakfast at the restaurant off the lobby, Pigalle. Will definitely return to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square !

1 Thank lama4
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 11 June 2010
Dear lama4,

We can not thank you enough for the your extremely flattering review. Everyone on our team strives to provide the best of service, so I am glad to read that we succeeded with your experience.

Our job everyday is to work to ensure that the service exceeds the product because in the end, that is, what matters most.

I look forward to you enjoying that experience once again!

Warmest Regards,
Jennifer Reyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
The Pac NorthWest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

Broke up with my GF on this trip. but this hotel still made my NY trip fun.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dakid23
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

My new husband and I stayed at this hotel for the second part of our honeymoon, having spent 10 days prior in Florida. I must say this hotel is probably the most in the hub you could ever imagine! The hotel is very clean with being greeted on arrival by the bellman. The room we had was adequate, only problem was it was ajoined to another room with very noisy neighbours but not hotels fault!
I liked it had a french restaurant ajoined to the hotel! Staff are very friendly and happy to help at every opportunity.
New York itself is very expensive around Times Square if you want shops I would go to Greenwich. Best places to eat 49th and 8th Ave Hells Kitchen. The best mexican food I have ever eaten! You must go to Smiths and Wollensky if you like steak! about $40 a steak but it will be THE best steak! Beautifully cooked. We took a helicoptor tour over New York which is very much recommended best views in the house! And no long queues to get up to the top of Empire State!.
Highly recommend hotel and would stay again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
Dear ReadsingEngland01,

Congratulations on your recent wedding. We feel honored that you spent your honeymoon with us in Times Square. It’s so nice to see that you took full advantage of what this city has to offer from fine dining to helicopter tours over the city.

Thank you for starting your new lives with us and we hope to see you again; perhaps for some future anniversaries. Feel free to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.

Nick Panzarino
Guest Service Agent
Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

As a group of 7 we booked 4 rooms - after reading the reviews we emailed ahead to request rooms on a higher floor. We were allocated 4 rooms on the 14th floor - none of us were disturbed by noise. Jennifer Reyes even arranged for cakes/cards in our rooms for those celebrating anniversaries/weddings.
The location was excellent with a very short walk to Times Square & the Broadway theatres. Dont be afraid to use the subway - it is safe and cheap and easy to get around - again with a short walk to the nearest subway stations.
We ate in the restaurant attached to the hotel on the first night, the food was ok but you can get better quality for a cheaper price elsewhere. Drinks in the bar were expensive - go over the road to the Social Bar for cheaper drinks, friendly service and good food. For breakfast we went to the Olympic diner opposite the hotel - a great cheap breakfast with friendly service from Gloria the waitress. Dont let the look of the outside or inside decor put you off. The free coffee in the hotel lobby in the morning was an excellent bonus and we used this daily whilst waiting for us all to meet up.
We found the rooms of good quality with excellent beds - the bathroom was certainly adequate. We cant wait to return to New York and we will certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank stry
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

As per previous reviews this hotel is very convenient. Some of the things we liked:

Larry the concierge
Size of room - plenty space
Microwave & fridge
Food Emporium across the road for great food and supplies
Friendly staff
24 hour shop & ATM in lobby
Security in lobby in the evenings

Things we would change:

Size of bathroom

2 Thank SarahSouth
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel and the ladies at the front desk really make te difference during my stay... I had some problems with a package that I sent to the Hotel from Amazon... The UPS made a huge mistake and delivered my package to a wrong address... Even with nothing of this problem has any relation with the hotel... The Ladies at the front desk (Natalie, Nuemi and Mel) made everything to help me and they could track the package and give me the good news where it was and I could receive it.
So again this really make a difference... As the most famous marketing guru says... This things make a real difference and certainly when I will look again to the hotel in New York I will be in Hilton Garden Inn just because of this 3 super ladies...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank pnasser2112
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 23 May 2010
Dear Pnasser2112,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments on The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the experience, but even more I am happy that our staff could touch your experience and make it memorable, it sounds like you guys had an adventure with tracking your package together. Natalie, Noemi, and Mel are truly amazing! They really do care about every guest and will always go above and beyond to ensure a special experience. I will ensure that they are recognized from your comments. I do understand how important it is for them to know.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Director of Guest Experience
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed for several nights at the beginning of May at this location.
Having been a Hilton Honors member since 1995, I have stayed Hilton family hotels around the world and usually have certain expectations as to the experience of the stay.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this particular location.
I was looking to stay in Midtown on this trip and this location (8th & 48th) proved to be perfect.
My room on the 15th floor was surprisingly quiet and in good condition.
The complimentary, cooked to order breakfast served each morning in the 'Pigalle' restaurant, was delicious and the service was prompt and friendly.

My Honors gold vip welcome package was one of the best I have received over the years, surpassing many flagship Hilton & Conrads!
I want to mention and compliment Jennifer Reyes, (the Director of Guest Experience) for her outstanding customer service, her efforts will earn my repeat business!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank moodyb
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 22 May 2010
Dear Moodyb,

I am extremely ecstatic to see that you were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our property, from the location, room location, Pigalle and most importantly service. Thank you for extremely flattering words but I cannot take any credit for it, for I am extremely fortunate to work with a team that truly loves to make all of our guests feel as if they were home.

Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,