“"Can't wait for a reason to return!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Moderne Hotel

Moderne Hotel
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Fayetteville, New York
“"Can't wait for a reason to return!"”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A Business Trip, W57 & 7th Avenue and I wanted to walk and explore while there. I visited this area before but it was a quick in and out. This time it was for three days. I found the Moderne on my own and I wanted it to work-out. I enjoyed it because It was simple, I was left to my own whims. Staff was courteous, helpful if needed. Continental Breakfast was just right, I came and went as I pleased. I'm 6'3", shower, bed, size of room was just right. I've recommended it to friends already and I'll do it again. The e-mail correspondence with whatever concern I may have had was always courteous and responded to in a timely manor. I feel I'm on a first name basis with everyone! So, it worked and as the title implies--I can't wait for a reason to return.

Room Tip: Higher floors, South side, No windows=A Quiet Experience!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear FrankDeFonda,
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations, location, and service you received at the hotel. Please reach out to me personally for any future reservations so that I may arrange your accommodations. We cannot wait for you to return as well!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Elavator didn't work for 2 days , we stayed on the 8th floor was terrible go up and down few times a day could hear ear everything thrue the walls and there is nothing like waking up at 7 am from the noise of them fixing the elavator for 5 hours I felt I were in a war. Terrible experience would not recommend this place

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Yafim R,
Thank you for for your review. We deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our elevator was out of service temporarily for routine repairs and we took great strides to accommodate guests so that they would not be inconvenienced. We would have been most happy to move you to a lower floor or provide some other form of compensation. We pride ourselves on providing efficient service and comfortable accommodations and we sincerely apologize that your stay was not ideal. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you on these matters in more detail. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you.
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Moderne Hotel for the second time. This is a small by wonderful hotel with a contemporary look and feel. The front desk staff members are very helpful and nice.(Special thanks too Robbie.) Moderne is a great hotel for NYC, since its cheap yet the quality is great. I recommend anyone to go to the Moderne hotel in Manhattan. A great part is the free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea with the free "breakfast" of different types of sweet bread. Have a nice time at Moderne hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alla_Boston123,
Thank you very much for your outstanding review and for being a repeat guest! We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations, amenities, value, and service you received while staying with us. Robbie will be most happy to hear your compliments as well. We hope to remain as your home away from home for many visits to come. Please reach out to me personally when you wish to stay again. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

If this place is a "boutique hotel", then McDonalds is a "boutique steak restaurant". Paint colors and decor are like a bad LSD trip. Window curtains don't open, but that doesn't matter since the only view is a dirty fire escape and brick wall 3 feet from the window. Shower will get the tiny bathroom floor soaked. For $150 a night in NYC I guess it is OK for a place to sleep but it's more like a 2 star hotel, not a 4 star.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear likes2watch,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We regret to hear that you did not like the decor of the hotel. The hallways are styled in a bright and eclectic fashion and we understand that everyone has different taste in design. The room you described is one of our quieter interior rooms. We also have rooms facing the street and always strive to accommodate guests with a room that best suits their needs. We hope that we may welcome you back in the future so that you can experience our other rooms. Please feel free to reach out to me if you wish to discuss your stay further.
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was my second time staying at Moderne. The first time was back in April 2013 and was nothing but a pleasure. I had a room with two double beds and not much of a view but was still impressed with the overall decor, size and cleanliness of the room. The modern decor, hence the name is a nice touch. When traveling to the city again choosing Moderne was the obvious choice, I was seeing a show and the location is prime. I stayed on Jan 11th 2013. Check in is listed at 3:00pm and my show was at 2:30 so I called and spoke with Robbie the day before who was very accommodating and advised that he would note I would be in around 10:00am so my room would be ready for me (at no extra charge). Upon arrival I was greeted by Angel who asked if I would like one King bed or 2 full, I opted for one king and was comped a Junior Suite at no extra charge!

I can not begin to express how impressed I was with this room, I booked on Expedia and had additional coupons for saving some cash. What I got for what I paid for was incredible. This was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. The room itself was once again very clean and this time I had windows along the whole wall giving me a view of 55th street. The room was furnished with a pull out soft, flat screen tv and an Apple tv! It also had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. On the second floor of the hotel there is a lounge with complimentary coffee, tea, water and juice that runs 24hrs a day- nice for a quick pick me up.

The staff at Moderne is absolutely wonderful, they are so friendly and helpful. Angel and Robbie were very hospitable. I would never stay anywhere else when traveling into New York!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Amanda S,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We greatly appreciate your loyalty and we are ecstatic that we have become your home away from home! Robbie and Angel will be incredibly happy to hear your compliments on their service as well. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservations. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Everything was perfect -- with the exception of the elevator being down -- but, hey, things happen. I was happy to be on the first floor. Staff was gracious, helpful and professional. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Robert C,
Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff will also be happy to hear that you found their service to be helpful and professional. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Please reach out to me when you intend on staying again. We hope to see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I visited NYC for the first time and were a little worried about our first NYC hotel. But, the Moderne turned out to be a great location, had clean rooms/bathrooms and the front staff was really nice. Especially Ravi, or Robbie, can't remember the name for sure, but he was great. My wife and I felt very welcome every time we came inside.

The price was really good for the location, too, because we walked to Central Park in about 5 minutes and down to Times Square in maybe 7 or 8 minutes. The hotel is right off Broadway, so it's really close to everything. The fruit and hot chocolate on the 2nd floor was a great touch, especially after coming in from a cold December night.

I usually research pretty extensively before picking my vacation hotel, so I was really pleased after my experience with this one. Only regret would have to be that our room didn't have a view, but I wasn't expecting one. The wallpaper in the halls are a little different (you'll see in the pictures), but didn't bother me. I'd stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: Make sure to visit the pub across the street - It's the one that the show How I Met Your Mother...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Cody B,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our central location, service, and clean accommodations. Robbie will be especially delighted to hear your compliments. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return. We hope to welcome you back soon!