“Moderne”

Ranked #82 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Moderne”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Overall I'd still recommend this place. Excellent location and reasonable rate. The interior design is fancy; not my cup of tea but it looks good. Free wifi is another plus. However, I'm not very satisfied with the house keeping. Some towels given to us weren't clean. Another problem I had is that the heater wasn't working well. The temperature stayed at low 70's even though I set up the heat to 80 F.

Dear csu398,

Thank you for review, I am happy to know that you enjoyed our staff and our second floor lounge. I am sorry for the mechanical issues that happened while you stayed with us in our heating and A/C and I have discussed this issue with our teams.

I do hope to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly at Jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist in your next stay.

Jon Goldberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Centerbrook
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Worst bathroom facilities ever. Dangerous, no mat or shower door and when showering bathroom floods. No room service and second floor had nothing to offer even bottled water. Oh and a few old apples.
Rooms were smelly and I found and had to kill two roaches in our bed. Unbelievable .never has this happened to me. Decor style is tacky at least.

Dear Glynn422,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am sorry that we fell below your expectations, as this should not have occurred as we strive to create a memorable experience for all our guest .

I do hope we can discuss this further and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was our first trip to New York, the hotel was a good price in a great location with very friendly, helpful staff. The room was great as well. Thanks for making our stay so good. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Dear Jackie W,

Thank you so much for your comments about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

I hope that we can welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly at Jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next booking.

Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We enjoyed the stay at you hotel. The room was very nice and everything we needed was there. The location was also a plus. Easy access to Times Square, Carnegie Hall, 5th Avenue. Friendly and helpful staff.

1 Thank David W
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist in your next booking.

toronto
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed for 4 nights with my two kids. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that we had all of our needs met. The rooms are small but average by New York standards. The room was well appointed, super clean with a great bathroom. We used the lounge on the 2nd floor if we required more room to spread out as a family. The free hot chocolate was a hit with the kids. The location was perfect, easy access to the subway, central park and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chantel M
Dear marshallsun,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our staff and your experience at Moderne.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at Jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next stay.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great décor, great staff, great location. The beds were a wonderous fluffy down and oh so comfy. Rooms were small but did the trick. Location an easy stroll to all the places I wanted to go, and right off a major subway line for places farther out. I rate this hotel very very highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Jon G, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Janet C,

Thank you very much for your review!! We are so happy to know that we were a good base for you while experience NYC!

We do hope to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next stay.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The location was perfect. And the staffs were very kind.
But the room was very small.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Jon G, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear정환 김.

Thank you so much for your kind words an we look forward to welcoming you back.

Please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next stay.