Moderne Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
  • Restaurant
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$240
Novotel
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
2,019 results
All reviewsguest loungecentral parknew yorkgreat locationtimes squarefire escapesmall hotelbrick wallsecond floor loungecolumbus circlecupcakesfree coffeehell's kitchenjunior suitefront desk stafflincoln centerking bed
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was simply not worth 400 - 500 dollars a night. The air conditioning was the only thing not renovated, it was an old, outdated air conditioning unit that had dirt in the vents. I couldn't sleep it was so loud and took so long to get cool. The bedding smelled like recycled ciggarette smoke from a previous guest, it had a certain musty smell. I moved rooms, the new room smelled the exact same. There was flooding in the majority of the rooms during my stay because it had rained the night before. Given the renovations one could justify the price increase of this hotel, however it's like putting a suit on a pig, it's still a pig.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jon G, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Chloe,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations for your stay.

I would like to discuss further you with you and I can be reached at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com

Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The first night we were there, it was very, very cold. The heater was not working. Every guest received a space heater late at night to keep warm. Night 3, we came back late from the theatre and the ceiling in the bathroom was pouring water. 2 floors were affected. They offered to send us to another hotel, but finally got us a room that due to damp carpet, they had on hold. Today, friends who'd stayed here and given a free upgrade, found out their upgrade was not only free, but charged the rack rate. Day 4, no heat again. We were told it might be a few days. Back came the space heater. the good news, the young staff is very, very nice.

Room Tip: I just would not stay here again so I have no tips. Be aware, there are no bath tubs in the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susie,

I am very sorry for the issues that you faced while at Moderne, the issue you had was a one off situation and I am sorry it happened while you are in town to enjoy a special occasion.

I would like to chat with you and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com

Many thanks,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Not often I find a place that I can't fault (must be my innate Britishness and moaning about everything!), but this place certainly bucked that trend!

Great location (for those of you that know/care it's directly oppostie McGees from How I Met Your Mother) in easy walking distance to Times Square, Broadway, Central Park and Midtown.

Room was spacious, clean, comfortable, inviting and modern. Absolutely faultless. The guest lounge offering free coffee, water, fruit and cakes in the morning is a nice touch, especially in a city where if someone says "bless you" you have to tip them.

The staff are amazing; Robbie, Penny and one more who's name I unfortunately never caught - well they just bent over backwards to help us on our first trip to New York. Bar recommendations where we wouldn't be fleeced, local restaurants off the tourist paths, and helping us book our Yankees tickets through ticketmaster instead of their own corporate expensive tour operators to save us some cash, all these things done with a smile and patience as well, amazing.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you can find it on half price sale as we did, worth every penny and would stay here again any time!

Quick word of warning not affiliated with the hotel but more with New York in general - watch out for city tax! Decent rate per night ballooned on check out with not 1, or 2, but three seperate city taxes adding an extra $60 per night onto the rate!

But that's New York as we found out, bring a full wallet and an empty credit card...

Room Tip: Ask for a suite facing the road. Not too noisy as far as NY streets go and at least some view as opposed to the side of building rooms with no view. Also, take advantage of the guest lounge for water & coffee vs. the in-room bottled water provided at $5 for 500ml.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skinnymiggy

Dear Michael V,

Wow!! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding our staff, they strive to create a memorable experience and I am thrilled to know they exceeded it!

We do hope to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

True, NY rooms are small but if you are in your room in Ny, for too long, something is wrong. Location ideal, rooms good, definitely modern and staff friendly and helpful. All good and we would stay next time. Across from great Irish pub as well. Wifi free, water hot,sure rooms dark but for sleeping worked a treat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna G,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com so that I can assist with your next booking.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Me and my wife had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Comfortable room, excellent shower, free wi-fi, free water, free coffee, and a very nice location near Central Park and Times Square. I couldn't forget to mention the excellent service too. Congratulations to Rinaldo, Bashir, Angel and the front desk guy that receive us every night with a smile. Hey guys, you are awesome!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alexandre,

Wow....Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our staff as they take great pride in this and makes their day!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@amsterdamhospitality.com to assist with your next booking.

Jon