“Excellent Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Manlius, New York
“Excellent Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here one night for work because I got a good rate for that night. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location with plenty of mass transit and right near Columbus Circle. The bathroom / shower was excellent in my room Bed was comfortable, upon check out I was offered arrangements for travel to JFK without asking which was nice. Front desk staff, baggage handling, etc was all very pleasant and professional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
andreas n, Director of Operations at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear devinmcmahon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey of The Moderne on Tripadvisor.

We always strive to provide excellent customer service, whether it's the bellman carrying your luggage, the front desk agent checking you in, or the room attendants that clean your room.

I am happy to see that you found all of our staff members to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to your next stay with us here at The Moderne. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@modernehotelnyc.com so that I can assist in your next booking.

Andreas Nakos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've come to expect less friendly service in big cities but this hotel defies that expectation. Not the cold efficient service of the big chains but personal service you normally have to buy at very premium prices. We get that personal service here without that extravagant cost. We got help with tour buses, umbrellas on rainy days and assistance in getting our airline boarding passes among other things. All of this service and friendly chat in between.

The hotel is small, only 37 rooms. Rooms and bathrooms are small (the norm in NYC) but vividly decorated. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean.

The one annoyance for us was the quantity of the add-on amenities. (The bottled water, etc., charged to your room if you use it) The desk was small and the add-on amenities took up half the space.

Congratulations to the staff and management in achieving your service goals. We were here 5 days and would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Helton K,

Wow ! Thank you for your amazing comments on Tripadvisor. I cannot wait to share your review with my staff !

We hope you visit us again on your next stay in NYC.

Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Perfect location
Nice and helpful staff
Perfect room, small, but everthing was great and comfortable beds.

Only negative is that the room had no view, just a brick wall, but we didnt expect any view.

Takes only 5-10 minutes to times square and to central park by walking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kristoffer R,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. Thank you, also, for mentioning our staff who always strive for excellence in customer service !

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Myself and three other women stayed at the Moderne for three nights. I honestly have to say that I have never encountered hotel staff that were as friendly or knowledgeable as the staff at The Moderne. Robbie was amazing. He gave us great restaurant ideas. I felt like he was a friend by the time we were leaving. All of the other front desk staff were accommodating to our many requests which we very much appreciated. Andreas was also very helpful and went out of his way to ensure that all of our needs were met. The Lounge with all day refreshments was a great bonus. It provided a comfortable place for our group to meet for pre-dinner drinks. The location was perfect for walking to Central Park and other attractions. I will definitely recommend The Moderne to anyone going to New York City. Thanks so much for your exceptional customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
andreas n, Director of Operations at Moderne Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Bonnie A,

Thank you for your glowing review on Tripadvisor ! I am delighted that our staff was able to make your "Girls Getaway" extra special.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walked in they made you feel welcomed! We had an early flight so we got into the city far before check in. They were very friendly and offered us to freshen up and enjoy the lounge. Maps and attractions of the city were gladly offered. Upon leaving they hailed a cab in the rain and carried out our bags. Good trip from beginning to end... Would very much recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LoveToTravel101401
Dear Carmell956,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Moderne in May for 4 nights. Great staff especially Angel. Hotel is in a great situation, rooms although small have everything we needed. Very clean too. Big plus is the coffee and cake in the morning and also the availability of tea, coffee and water all day is great. 1 slight problem was the lack of replacement shower gel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear happydaysscot,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Moderne on Tripadvisor !

My staff will be delighted to read your comments. I am especially pleased to see that you enjoyed our Guest Lounge and it's 24-hour complimentary tea, flavored water, coffee, hot chocolate and fruits. I am also glad to read that you took advantage of our complimentary cake in the morning.

Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We loved our stay at the Moderne... especially the staff! Andreas and the whole staff were so friendly and helpful to us. We really appreciated how they went out of their way for us. Thank you! I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tricia P,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to see that our staff was able to make your stay in NYC that much more enjoyable. I can not wait to share your kind words with our team.

We look forward to your next stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@modernehotelnyc.com so that I can assist in your next booking.