“Perfection!”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #228 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Myself and 3 girlfriends stayed here last week for 4 nights. We arrived at 2pm on Wednesday and although check in was not until 3pm, the front desk staff was extremely helpful and found us an available room for early check in. Every time we passed the front desk, we were greeted and asked if we needed anything. The room was extremely clean and well kept. Cleaning arrived everyday and changed our towels and straightened the room. The room was not loud as most hotels in NYC can be! All 4 of us will be staying here again next year!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim S
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Kim S,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience! I am so pleased to hear that you found our front office staff to stellar. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

For a quick stay in New York, where most of your time will visiting NYC, this hotel was perfect. It's a small, narrow hotel, so I felt very UNDERwhelmed by the entrance and the small lobby. But the staff made up for the lack of personality in the entrance by being both NICE and courteous (over the phone and in person).

Style & Cleanliness: The hotels rooms were small, not unlike most NYC hotel rooms. But the rooms were squeaky clean, the bathroom was a good size, and the beds were comfortable. The rooms are a bit more modern, but quite simple. Nothing you are going to tell you friends about, but no ugly polyester floral patterns on the comforter either.

Location: What really sets this hotel apart from some of the other Marriott-branded hotels in the area was the location. This location was SUPERB. Plenty of parking lots in the area (just download the NYC Parking APP to LOCK in a reasonable rate), and a spitting distance to the subway. It's just a few blocks south of Time Square, so you don't have to step out of the hotel and get hit by all the hustle and bustle immediately, it's a couple of blocks before you get there. Also very close to Penn Station, Herald Square, Bryant PARK (my favorite small park), New York Public Library. It's just a great central location, with 10 minute cab ride to Central Park, and 15 minute cab right to the Freedom Tower. Awesome spot for tourists and business travelers.

Final Say...
Would definitely stay here again. Save time and money by being more centrally located, and relying on short cab rides and the subway, verse staying somewhere in an inconvenient location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jmcend
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear jmcend

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff.
Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed in the Courtyard Marriott hotel for a week, after working for 8 weeks in New York, being 19 there were a lot of things I wanted to do. I am not very confident when booking places to stay so I traveled with two family members one being 67 and another 42, this for me was an amazing place to stay. Situated on 37th street right near Times Square! The place was extremely clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful when we had queries about places to go and see, and the airport taxi service. The facilities in the hotel were also very good. I just wanted a cosy bed, there was that with amazing bathroom facilities and a room with a view! The hotel itself had lovely breakfasts, and a private area to sit outside and enjoy the sun whilst munching breakfast. Visiting New York in June till August will definitely book with this hotel again outstanding service! Would HUGELY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VictoriaKeeley
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a great experience while staying here. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. They really made things easy for me during my stay. Special thanks to Merick Forrester, who went out of his way to help me whenever he was there. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Omar T
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Omar T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your trip to New York. I am also very pleased to hear about the exceptional service you recieved from our bellman Merrick. I will be sharing your comments with him.
Thank you again for being our guest. We look foward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for a week for business. Great location near Times Square and Bryant Park. It was easy to get to using the Subway as there's station just across the street from the hotel. The staff is friendly and the hotel is up to marriott standards. The rooms are not too big but that's to be expected in downtown manhattan i suppose. The room came equipped with a safe, iron and i was able to open a window for some air. I didn't really hear any streetnoise and the rooms where clean. Breakfast was in marriott 'cafe' style and there was plenty of room in the restaurant area downstairs. The lobby has a small mini market with some basic stuff. The one thing i didn't like was the elevator. It was soooooooo slow. sometimes you had to wait 5 minutes and sometimes it just got stuck. They really need to fix that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dutchman02
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Dutchman02,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and the rooms to be clean. I am very sorry the elevators were not working properly during your stay. I have shared your comments with our engineering staff in order to have that problem resolved.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Looking for a quiet room in this bustling city? Look no further. I usually find it hard to sleep in NYC, but not here. The hotel is located on W. 40th street, so that it is a short walk to Times Square. It is very basic, as far as amenities go. There are a few things in the room that require fixing too: the safe and the coffee maker were not working. There were no coffee or tea bags available. The concierge did not give good directions at all and had an attitude.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor so you won't hear any street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Margaret C
Jessenia R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Margaret C.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive for your best overall satisfaction. Unfortunately we came up short this time by not providing you with superior customer service. I can assure you that this will be reviewed with our staff members. Thank you for being our guest. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 212-391-0088.

Best Regards,

Jessenia R.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here with my son on a sightseeing trip to New York and can highly recommend it. Our room was reasonably spacious by New York standards and was clean and comfortable. We had a room at the back and fairly high up, which was very quiet. The lobby staff are all exceptionally helpful. The wi-fi is free. We ate all our meals out and it is close to a great diner for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ovvin

Dear Ovvin,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your recent visit to our hotel. I am so happy to hear you and your son enjoyed all of the sites NYC has to offer. I am so pleased you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable and our staff to be friendly and helpful.
We look forward to your return in the future.