“Average compared to other Marriott Courtyards”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #220 of 467 Hotels in New York City
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
“Average compared to other Marriott Courtyards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a loyal Marriott customer (GOLD) and having stayed @ multiple Marriott Courtyards across the world, I did not find this specific Courtyard @ same standard as others.
Is it because it is BIG APPLE? Not sure!
Granting this location a benefit of doubt will it entice me to stay again? The answer is NO
For starts, listed below are
POSITIVES:
==========
+ Centrally located
+ Close access to Subways, and other forms of transportation
+ Decent room size
+ Satisfactory internet access speeds
Listed below are the things that were .......
TURN-OFFs:
==========
+ Strange Bathroom configuration (Room# 3105)! Neither a tub nor a shower (no shower curtain but glass separator half-way). By the time I had my shower, the entire bathroom floor was wet
+ Being a Marriott Gold meant nothing at check in. Even though it was explicitly mentioned in my reservation for a room on higher floor, I was given a room on one of the lower floors. It was not even an Upgrade Request, and yet I was given the impression that the Check in Staff granted me a very huge favor! This is the first time I had ever encountered this @ a Marriott property (assuming the property was full, then does not the Reservation mean anything?)
+ Breakfast not included even for GOLD members (unlike other Marriott Courtyard properties)
+ Card keys that worked on and off @ random .... had to change keys twice in a short span!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Venkateshwar B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.
I understand you were upset about the location of your room. I was able to look through your reservation, and I see that you were given a room on our 31st floor. Our hotel has 33 floors, and we always do our best to grant high floor requests to our Marriott Rewards members.
Our hotel does offer breakfast each morning, but it is not included in the room rate, unless the room is booked as a bed and breakfast package.
I understand that you were very disappointed with your stay, and I would like to invite you back to our property. It would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation the next time you are in the NYC area. I will do something special for you to make up for this stay.
Please contact me directly the next time you are in the area. My email is Jennifer.Spensieri@Marriott.com, or you can contact me by telephone at 212-391-0088.
Thank you for being our guest and such a loyal Marriott customer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Hebrew first
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you want to be in the center of broadway shows, restaurants, and views from your room that are to die for; then this is the place to stay when visiting New York. We have stayed there every time we have gone to New York. It has great service, beautiful clean rooms, and window views onto Times Square.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Time Square.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Deanajoy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to NYC. I am very happy to see you enjoyed all the city has to offer, however, I believe you have written your review for the wrong hotel. In your response you indicated that you had very impressive views of Times Square from your room. The Courtyard by Marriott Times Square is located on 40th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue. Reading your review, I believe you stayed at the Marriott Marquis, which is located right in the heart of Times Square.
Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff was incredibly nice and helpfull; all of them but specially María Pozo.
They explained us lots of things and plans to have fun in NY. They also held many conversation in fluent Spanish. Finally they arranged for a limousine to go to the airport instead of a normal van and they managed to recover a litte suitcase forgotten inside!!!
In addition the hotel is very well place to enjoy very much NY, just near the corner 8th AV & 37th St. Really eassy to check In/out and with a lovely team (room cleaners, waitress, recepcionists, baggage assistant,...)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank José G
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Jose G,

I have read your feedback regarding your recent visit to NYC. I believe you have posted a review for the incorrect hotel. You had mentioned a staff member named Maria Pozo. We do not have an employee at this location by that name. You have also mentioned in your review that the hotel you had stayed at was located on 37th Street and 8th Avenue. I believe the hotel you stayed at was the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for three nights at the Courtyard Marriott Times Square over father's day weekend. It was an excellent stay. Rooms were bigger than I expected for Manhattan. Elevators were secure - you had to swipe your room key for the elevator to work. Water pressure on the 17th floor was good, water was hot. Not a lot of noise from the hallway or other rooms. Didn't have a great view, but that was fine. Hotel was close to the subway station (less than a block) and was about 2 blocks away from the closest Starbucks. Many lunch and dinner options very close by. Easy to get to anywhere in the city by subway. Taxi was easy to hail from the front door. Cost about $40 by taxi from the hotel to LaGuardia. Front desk was pleasant. Only complaints - the concierge was not helpful and did not give accurate information, and the snack bar was closed between about 11 am and 3 pm. Other than that, we were happy with our stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle M
Dear Michelle M,

I was so pleased to read your review of your recent visit to our hotel. I was very happy to learn you found your room to be spacious and our staff to be friendly.
I was however disappointed to learn about the poor service you received from the concierge. I would like to address this issue with the correct employee. If you happen to remember the name of the concierge you worked with, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at: Jennifer.Spensieri@Marriott.com, as I would like to speak with this employee about the service they have provided.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Clean, quiet, no room service but nice area downstairs to order basic breakfast or buy a bottle of wine (very expensive, but what isn't in New York). The directv connection lost signal and the next day was just lost completely. We called the front desk and I was told that no one else reported an outage, but the engineer would arrive shortly to check it out. He did arrive, and explained that it always loses signal when it rains! Wow, really surprised me. It did come back on eventually, but just seems crazy fir a major hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear casagravez,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn about the issues you had with the television in your room. Our Direct TV should not have any signal troubles when it is raining. Please know that I have shared your comments with our Director of Engineering so an issue like this does not happen in the future.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope to be of service to you the next time you are in the NYC area.
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel. I found my room to be among the quietest I have stayed in NYC.
The hotel is narrow and set back mid block between other busings so while the view in VERY limited, the street noise is as well. My room faced 40th street and it was silent all night. The rooms that face 40th end in 07 and 08.

Beyond that this was a typical NYC Courtyard, rooms were decent size, had a fridge, nice newer furnishings and shower. No breakfast included, but decent choices downstairs for something quick. There are tons of choices for food nearby.

Fitness room is small, especially for a hotel with this many rooms. Ended up going to NYSC on 38th.

As others have mentioned, prime location that is really close to alot of attractions and subway is very close

Room Tip: Rooms on 40th St side were very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear RobBflo1,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to our hotel. I am very pleased you found the hotel to be comfortable and quiet. Since our hotel is set back off of the street, all of our rooms are quiet and are rarely affected by any outside noise.
I was disappointed to learn that you were not able to enjoy our fitness center. The hotel and fitness center were just recently renovated and all of our fitness equipment has been upgraded.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope you will return to our property in the future!
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is located centrally between Times Square and Bryant Park. We stayed here as part of a package for the New York Marathon and it was the perfect location. Within walking distance to the Marathon Village, finish line, Marathon bus pick by the Library. It did not have breakfast included however you could go downstairs to the cafe and pick up breakfast or a coffee before heading out for the day. Rooms were spacious which was a surprise for NYC, very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly - especially as we had a lot of early mornings and late nights! Would stay here again when next in NYC.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Kylie794,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel. I am so pleased you found our location to be convenient to all of your needs and our staff to be helpful and friendly. Congratulations on completing the NY Marathon!
We look forward to your return in the future!