As a loyal Marriott customer (GOLD) and having stayed @ multiple Marriott Courtyards across the world, I did not find this specific Courtyard @ same standard as others.
Is it because it is BIG APPLE? Not sure!
Granting this location a benefit of doubt will it entice me to stay again? The answer is NO
For starts, listed below are
+ Centrally located
+ Close access to Subways, and other forms of transportation
+ Decent room size
+ Satisfactory internet access speeds
Listed below are the things that were .......
+ Strange Bathroom configuration (Room# 3105)! Neither a tub nor a shower (no shower curtain but glass separator half-way). By the time I had my shower, the entire bathroom floor was wet
+ Being a Marriott Gold meant nothing at check in. Even though it was explicitly mentioned in my reservation for a room on higher floor, I was given a room on one of the lower floors. It was not even an Upgrade Request, and yet I was given the impression that the Check in Staff granted me a very huge favor! This is the first time I had ever encountered this @ a Marriott property (assuming the property was full, then does not the Reservation mean anything?)
+ Breakfast not included even for GOLD members (unlike other Marriott Courtyard properties)
+ Card keys that worked on and off @ random .... had to change keys twice in a short span!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an ideal destination for experiencing the sights and sounds of New York City at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square. Our hotel's refreshing amenities and intuitive service are complemented by an incredible location in the heart of the city. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests are less than a five-minute walk from Times Square and only two blocks from Bryant Park. Experience Broadway and the Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Central Park and Rockefeller Plaza, all within walking distance of our Manhattan hotel. Conveniently situated just a block from the 42nd Street Subway station, you can easily access other NYC destinations while enjoying the vibrant vibes, world-class museums, restaurants and shopping found in Manhattan and Times Square. Redesigned, our contemporary hotel rooms feature free Wi-Fi, luxury bedding, comfortable work areas and mini-refrigerators. Enjoy healthy breakfast options from nosh!, our signature cafe, and fuel up for a day of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square South Hotel
- Courtyard Times Square South
- Courtyard New York City
- New York City Courtyard
- New York City Marriott