“Expensive downtown experience”

Ranked #230 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Belgrade, Serbia
“Expensive downtown experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If I did not know for sure I was staying at the hotel , I would not now it from the attitude of people working there.
You just saw huge groups of people changing at the reception , maid knocking furiously at the door every morning , for her room was next to mine , safely prevented from closing by a towel.
The front desk completely disinterested.Just filing down names and that is all.
Bell boy minding his own business , when needed , not in sight.
Good location , I have to admit.
Small room , small bathroom , happy to leave the hotel , but not the great town.
Can hardly wait to go back , but in another hotel.

Room Tip: I have no idea , guess all are the same.....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear jasmina t,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I was very disappointed to learn about your experience at our hotel. I would like to speak with you further about your stay. Please contact me directly at 212-391-0088 or email me at Jennifer.Spensieri@Marriott.com. Thank you for being our guest. I look forward to speaking with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Courtyard Marriott Times Square South, is is situated on W. 40 St. A great location. The rooms are a decent size for NYC, and the hotel is quiet, and kept up nicely by staff. The rooms are clean.
It had been at least a year since my last visit, and they have redone the eating area. It has Starbucks coffee, and a nice assortment of muffins, etc.for purchase each day.
It is a very quick walk to Broadway for the shows, and easy access to multiple subway lines. A number of nice restaurants as well.
If you park your car, they will charge you for taking it out during your stay, but if you are staying within Manhattan, you really don't need it.
I don't think they offer rollaways either, because of the size of the rooms.
It is a Courtyard, not a full service Marriott. So you don't have room service, but the cost of a room is less than the Marquis Marriott a few blocks away( a lot less!)
It is a very nice choice for the 42 St. area. I recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear AlwaysLovesToTravel1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and found our staff to be helpful.
Thank you for staying with us, and we look foward to having you in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here the last week of May and had a wonderful time! Took red eye and arrived at hotel at 8:30am, bellhop was fantastic! Very positive attitude and even though many people to take care of kept smiling and offered tips for where to go for the day...Front desk staff took our phone# and called when our rooms were ready. I requested high floor and was given room 3003! Was good size, very comfortable bed and very quiet. Close to Bryant Park, Time Square, and multiple subways! Great housekeeping staff and requests to front desk were responded to very quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Request a high floor when you arrive. Rooms ending on 03 and 01 get views of Empire State Building a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda T
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Linda T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent visit to our hotel. I am so pleased you found our staff to be exceptional and your room to be comfortable. Our location is fantastic for all there is to do and see in NYC. I am so pleased you enjoyed your vacation to New York. We look forward to having you in the future!
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We traveled to this hotel last week and had a wonderful time. The staff couldn't do enough for us and treated my Platinum Elite husband like a king. From Miguel at check-in, to offering us a fantastic upgraded room, to the great housekeeping efforts and all of the wonderful advice from the front desk on what to do and where to go. It was just great. Specifically, the front desk manager, Jennifer Spensieri went out of her way to make sure our visit was outstanding. We can't thank her enough. When our travel brings us back to NYC we will definitely stay here again. The hotel is centrally located, very quiet and again, the staff was amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Empire State Building. When it lights up at night it looks amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HitTheRoad32903
Dear Karen H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you and you husband enjoyed your vacation in New York City. I will be sure to share your comments with Miguel. We look forward to having you back in the future!
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a loyal Marriott customer (GOLD) and having stayed @ multiple Marriott Courtyards across the world, I did not find this specific Courtyard @ same standard as others.
Is it because it is BIG APPLE? Not sure!
Granting this location a benefit of doubt will it entice me to stay again? The answer is NO
For starts, listed below are
POSITIVES:
==========
+ Centrally located
+ Close access to Subways, and other forms of transportation
+ Decent room size
+ Satisfactory internet access speeds
Listed below are the things that were .......
TURN-OFFs:
==========
+ Strange Bathroom configuration (Room# 3105)! Neither a tub nor a shower (no shower curtain but glass separator half-way). By the time I had my shower, the entire bathroom floor was wet
+ Being a Marriott Gold meant nothing at check in. Even though it was explicitly mentioned in my reservation for a room on higher floor, I was given a room on one of the lower floors. It was not even an Upgrade Request, and yet I was given the impression that the Check in Staff granted me a very huge favor! This is the first time I had ever encountered this @ a Marriott property (assuming the property was full, then does not the Reservation mean anything?)
+ Breakfast not included even for GOLD members (unlike other Marriott Courtyard properties)
+ Card keys that worked on and off @ random .... had to change keys twice in a short span!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Venkateshwar B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.
I understand you were upset about the location of your room. I was able to look through your reservation, and I see that you were given a room on our 31st floor. Our hotel has 33 floors, and we always do our best to grant high floor requests to our Marriott Rewards members.
Our hotel does offer breakfast each morning, but it is not included in the room rate, unless the room is booked as a bed and breakfast package.
I understand that you were very disappointed with your stay, and I would like to invite you back to our property. It would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation the next time you are in the NYC area. I will do something special for you to make up for this stay.
Please contact me directly the next time you are in the area. My email is Jennifer.Spensieri@Marriott.com, or you can contact me by telephone at 212-391-0088.
Thank you for being our guest and such a loyal Marriott customer.
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you want to be in the center of broadway shows, restaurants, and views from your room that are to die for; then this is the place to stay when visiting New York. We have stayed there every time we have gone to New York. It has great service, beautiful clean rooms, and window views onto Times Square.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Time Square.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Deanajoy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to NYC. I am very happy to see you enjoyed all the city has to offer, however, I believe you have written your review for the wrong hotel. In your response you indicated that you had very impressive views of Times Square from your room. The Courtyard by Marriott Times Square is located on 40th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue. Reading your review, I believe you stayed at the Marriott Marquis, which is located right in the heart of Times Square.
Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff was incredibly nice and helpfull; all of them but specially María Pozo.
They explained us lots of things and plans to have fun in NY. They also held many conversation in fluent Spanish. Finally they arranged for a limousine to go to the airport instead of a normal van and they managed to recover a litte suitcase forgotten inside!!!
In addition the hotel is very well place to enjoy very much NY, just near the corner 8th AV & 37th St. Really eassy to check In/out and with a lovely team (room cleaners, waitress, recepcionists, baggage assistant,...)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank José G
Dear Jose G,

I have read your feedback regarding your recent visit to NYC. I believe you have posted a review for the incorrect hotel. You had mentioned a staff member named Maria Pozo. We do not have an employee at this location by that name. You have also mentioned in your review that the hotel you had stayed at was located on 37th Street and 8th Avenue. I believe the hotel you stayed at was the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West.