“Really liked this Courtyard!”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #229 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Monroe, New York
“Really liked this Courtyard!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am at a different Marriott property almost every week for work. I came to this location because I needed to conduct some interviews and it was centrally located in Manhattan. The location whether for business or fun is ideal. It is in the heart and thick of NYC. Subways are nearby and you are really walking distance of so much. The nice thing about this location was that I heard very little noise (which very often can be an issue in NYC). Check in was quick and easy. I was also upgraded to a suite(I have Platinum status) which was nice. The suite was great - room was modern and completely updated. The bathroom was huge which you don't often get in NYC, the bed was super comfortable and the living area was very spacious as well. The staff was great and I set up shop to do interviews at Nosh(their restaurant area). Overall a great experience and I would definitely return to this specific location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear ATO39,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Thank you for being such a loyal Marriott customer. I was very happy to learn that you were upgraded to one of our suites upon arrival. Our location is very central to all there is to do in New York. Our rooms are extremely quiet since we are not located in the "heart" of Times Square.
Thank you for staying at our hotel and we look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Hebrew first
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard during a trip to see the sites in NYC. Hotel is clean and staff are courteous and helpful. We had four people in our party and only three bath towels upon arrival. We called housekeeping, and they delivered extra towels within 15 minutes of our call. Concierge was very helpful and quick to stow our luggage when we arrived early, which allowed us to walk around and see the sites without lugging stuff with us. This hotel is within easy walking distance to the theatre area, Times Square and the garment district, along with lots of restaurants and shops.

The down sides for us: our fridge did not work, even after someone came up and tried to fix it; there is food available on-site but it's pricey (it is NYC after all, I realize) and the rooms are fairly small. But again, you're in NYC, and for the money it was a very nice room. Great bedding, clean, safe, close to sites we wanted to visit--my main priorities.

There is a 7 Eleven just around the corner and a Dunkin Donuts if you need a quick, cheap snack or want to buy pop, coffee, etc.

Easy walking distance to the subway and Penn Station.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, make sure you ask for one. We were on the 24th floor, and when you...
Dear Cruizntown,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at our hotel and your visit to NYC. I was very pleased to learn you enjoyed the location of our property and found our staff to be helpful. I was disappointed to learn about the frige in your room not working. Your feedback will be shared with our engineering staff so an issue like this does not occur in the future.
Thank you for being our guest!
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First of all, the hotels location is unbeatable, it is in a prime location within walking distance of many of the most popular attractions, and there is a subway station near the hotel to get around quicker, you can walk for about 5 minutes to times square, where there is a wallgreens store which we used to pick up some drinks and food for the hotel.

Upon arrival to the hotel, just notify the receptionist of your vehicle parked outside and they will send somebody to go and park it somewhere, I had left my mobile phone in the car and whoever took the car to the garage found it and left it at the reception for me to collect, which was very helpful.

The hotel itself couldn't have been better, the staff at the desk were very polite and pleasant, and you can take one of the three elevators on the right just past the reception up to your room. There is also an eating and lounge area on the ground floor, where you can grab yourself a breakfast sandwich and a coffee for a reasonable price, or alternatively head straight out and get breakfast from one of the many café's nearby.

The room was very clean and modern, and quite spacious, it had a very good air conditioning system, with a control panel on the wall, an essential for cooling down in the summer heat, it also had a television, which didn't get much use as I spent most of my time exploring the city. the room also had a small fridge, which was handy for storing bottles of water, a large window is also a nice feature, and depending on which side of the hotel you are on, you may have quite a nice view of the empire state building. If it's more your thing, you can also open this window and enjoy the sounds of the city from the comfort of your hotel room.

The bathroom is also very clean and pleasant to use, a nice big powerful shower with a glass door, a toilet and sink, and some small bottles of shampoo and body wash, just in case you've forgotten to bring your own,

All in all, I had a great experience with this hotel and couldn't fault it, has everything you need and more, would definitely recommend it to anyone considering to stay here during their visit to New York City

Room Tip: Rooms facing east of the hotel entrance have a better view from their window
Dear ElliotOLeary07,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent trip to our hotel! I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for all you had to do in New York City.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your return in the future!
Dumbarton, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4nts and had a great time. Great location just off Times Square. Rooms very clean and good size for NY. Grab and go breakfast lovely nice selection to pick. My only moan would be one of the ladies working on the reception was very rude to us don't think she could understand our Scottish accent and just spoke over us. Overall we would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Louise J,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy you had a great time visiting New York City. I was very disappointed to hear about the customer service you recieved from our reception staff. Thank you for sharing this feedback. I will be sharing your comments with our team in order to improve our services.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your return in the future!
Decatur, GA
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Over all I loved the room. Plenty of space, nice accommodations, friendly staff. It's not a bad walk to all things Times Square and the price was very reasonable. My only complaint (and it's was very annoying) the bathroom door is similar to a pocket door expect it isn't inside the door frame, its on the outside. It slides over the bathroom opening. The door is very heavy and it doesn't slide easily at all. It's hardest to open from the inside. My travel companion got trapped and I had to help open the door. It would be impossible for an elderly person or a child to manage the door without help. These doors need to be replaced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear step511,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed the spacious room and our friendly staff. I am sorry you had issues with the bathroom door in your guest room. I will share your feedback with our engineering team so they can check the door to make sure everything is functioning properly.
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to be of service to you when you return to the NYC area.
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great place to stay in NYC.

The location is very central, and requires just a short walk for you to get to Times Square, Central Park, Top of the Rock. The rooms, although a little small, are very clean. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

A restaurant serving Starbucks and a variety of food is conveniently located on the 4th floor. There is another Starbucks just across the street as well.

We would be happy to stay here again.

Dear Louise J,

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time in NYC and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.
I was very disappointed to learn about the experience you had with one of our front desk agents. I will be sharing your comments with our staff in order to improve our services.
Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return in the future.
Horsham Uk
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice central location about 15 mins walk to Time square and 10 mins to Macys the worlds biggest department store. There is a Tic Toc 24 hour American dinner on 8th Avenue just 3 minutes walk.

This is the only three star hotel I have stayed at this year and for three stars its very good. Its modern, I believe that it was refited or new in 2013 so rooms and décor are all very good.

I was staying with my family, my wife, two children and one year old infant. I believe that most if not all rooms are the same, they have two double beds with enough space for a cot. It’s a big of a sqeeze to sleep five in a room but you can do it.

My only negative comment about this hotel room is the airconditioning unit is very noisy, it’s a split air unit wall mounted on the window. I messured 60DB on my iphone which is about the same as an office environment.

I am rating this hotel as five out of five based on price paid and compared to other hotels in central New York. This is our third visit and we have stayed at the cassablanca the number one hotel in new york and our room their was tiny, this hotel room was bigger, it was half the price of some others and overall good value for money.

Please don’t think that this is a five star hotel, think nice modern three star hotel and you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms have noisy aircon, take ear plugs.
2 Thank WifethreekidsandI
Dear Mewife3kids,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the location and were comfortable in your room. I am sorry the airconditioning unit was noisy in your room. I will share your feedback with our engineering staff in order to have that issue corrected.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope to be of service to you in the future.