I've stayed all over Manhattan at some point but I liked this location best to date. The hotel, on the other hand has some unique deficiencies:
1) there are only emergency egress stairs - which means that EVERYONE is forced to depend on the elevators. The only public restroom is 1 floor below the lobby which is not accessible if the elevators are down. Complete dependence on elevators is absurd. I do realize there are structural challenges with changing this situation but I can say that I will never book here again. I took Stair B from my floor and expected to come out near the lobby. I came out on the back side of the block. I had to walk the equivalent of 1 1/2 blocks outside to get back to the lobby.
2) considering the above comment the elevators (there are 3) get locked up and need "re-setting"
3) The hotel does not seem to adequately plan for the surge of tourist and business travelers. My suggestion is an efficiency study. There is no reason why the ice machine would break at the end of July and the front desk staff have no idea or option for providing ice to guests.
Besides the location, the room and public areas were clean. I opted not to have housecleaning during my 2 night stay so I have no comment on that. I had a refrigerator in my room too, which I always like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an ideal destination for experiencing the sights and sounds of New York City at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square. Our hotel's refreshing amenities and intuitive service are complemented by an incredible location in the heart of the city. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests are less than a five-minute walk from Times Square and only two blocks from Bryant Park. Experience Broadway and the Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Central Park and Rockefeller Plaza, all within walking distance of our Manhattan hotel. Conveniently situated just a block from the 42nd Street Subway station, you can easily access other NYC destinations while enjoying the vibrant vibes, world-class museums, restaurants and shopping found in Manhattan and Times Square. Redesigned, our contemporary hotel rooms feature free Wi-Fi, luxury bedding, comfortable work areas and mini-refrigerators. Enjoy healthy breakfast options from nosh!, our signature cafe, and fuel up for a day of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square South Hotel
- Courtyard Times Square South
- Courtyard New York City
- New York City Marriott
- New York City Courtyard