Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$127
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$155
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$155
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$188
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$232
US$171
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Orbitz.com
2,410 results
All reviewscourtyard marriottsofa bedlipstick buildinggreat locationcentral parksubway stationnew yorktimes squareess a bageldrug storechrysler buildingduane readefloor loungetwo queensrockefeller centerspacious roomwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in one of the newly designed rooms in a 'King' sized bed (felt more like a Queen sized bed...). Think they hired the worst designer for their new rooms; more about that later...

Used the Valet parking since parking garages around the hotel all charged $10/d extra/day for SUV's and were therefore not much cheaper. But during the stay read a review about this hotel on googleplus in which the writer had terrible things to say about the hotel's valet parking. Was debating whether to mention this to the Manager. Decided not to; thought they may have straightened things out; turned out that our car was returned with very few extra miles and with all loose coins where I had left them and nothing missing.

Pros
- new beds
- new furniture
- large, clean, spacious room (approx 410 sq feet) with safe, fridge, and mini-fridge
- semi-firm mattress, great pillows
- great free wi-fi reception
- hair dryer & good iron & iron board
- no sounds from neighboring rooms
- ice machine on every floor
- walking distance to Rockefeller Center, subway, Central Park, Times Square
- replacement glasses for the room everyday
- lots of sockets for chargers
- 24 hour pharmacy beside hotel
- close to excellent restaurants (use Yelp!), excellent coffee shops (Paris Baquette & 1 other around corner), grocery stores

Cons
- no one very friendly (typical in NYC)
- was not made aware of facilities on 12th floor during check-in
- HVAC very very noisy and temperamental during 2nd night; had thermostat set at 65 but temperature must have been 80 when we woke up at 4am. Turned HVAC off but then heard screams from people and traffic on the street (14th floor)...
- the blinds (when closed) make the room very claustrophobic. They do not have the soft curtains that let light in but thru which no one can look in. So only 2 options: blind up or down.
- not enough mirrors
- the sink mirror is the worst one I have ever seen. The light is inside the glass and makes it very hard to shave (wet).
- The bathroom is cold and the new shower only has a small glass wall to prevent water from splashing onto the bath room floor. The wall is too small to contain all the water and makes it uncomfortably cold (during winter) when taking a shower. The water pressure is also quite weak.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SonofBen
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our hotel. I love that you had so many pro's to point out but do have some concerns about some of your cons.

One thing for a point of clarification in NYC and as a driver I know how expensive parking can be most garages do charge extra for larger vehicles such as SUV's (Welcome to Manhattan). However unlike day to day parking in NY the valet rate that is charged when parking at the hotel includes in/out privledges unlike parking on your own.

Is it possible to contact me to discuss some of your negative comments? I would like to look further into them. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Our family of 4, children 17 and 20 stayed for 3 nights December 26-29th. We originally had planned to go over Thanksgiving but had to change our trip to after Christmas. Originally I booked a room with 2 queen beds but when we had to reschedule there were only king rooms with the sofa bed available so I had to switch. We had a corner king and although the room size was fine for 3 nights it is an inadequate description to say the room sleeps 4....if they are all adults. We have a king bed at home; the bed in the hotel room was definitely smaller. Not to mention the sleeper sofa was barely large enough for one adult let alone 2. I am not sure what size bed the sofa bed is supposed to be, possibly a full size but it was barely bigger than a twin. So the sleeping arrangements were less than comfortable. Also I prefer that the vanity of the bathroom have it's own area so that more than one person can get ready at a time. With 4 adults and only one bathroom/vanity area it makes things a bit difficult. However those are the only downsides and we would definitely stay here again, just making sure we got a room with two queen beds. The location is very neutral and for the price we found it a very good value.

The concierge did give us wrong subway directions on our first day (telling us to switch trains when there was a direct route) I wasn't happy about that but after the 1st day we could navigate the system on our own and didn't ask for anymore advice on transportation.

Overall a great hotel and was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mdoyle11

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Coming from a large family I understand the need for bathroom counterspace. We do have different configurations of our rooms, it looks like all the pieces didnt fit. It also sounds like the Queen Queen room you originally booked before your change might have been a better fit for your needs.

Not sure what happened with the train directions, I know sometimes we find out information about subway disruptions or detours that can pop up from time to time OR you just found a better way coming from another Metro City that has subways also. It looks like you picked up right away.

With that I am happy you found the hotel to be a good value. I am happy you were pleased with your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed there for 1 night on January 5th. Good enough for everything.
Good location, metro around the corner.
Lots of Restaurants around.
Convenience store just next to it.
Front desk staff very kind and friendly and they also speak spanish.
Rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy we met your needs. I hope you will consder us for future stays when in NY. Thank you again for your response.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We are a family Of 5 and is dificult to find hotels well located and for a good price were we all can fit in one room. This hotel has The option Of two beds and one sofá bed. This was excelent for us and The hotel staff was always pending on our needs. Good location , nice spacious rooms, very quiet hotel. The price was The best !! And The best is that is a marriott were you get points on top Of all . I will recommend this hotel for families or if you travel alone .

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Alvaro C

Size of our rooms is one of the main positive comments we receive. We do have different room set ups as you mention. I am also happy that the staff was ready to assist you when needed. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Happy Travels.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our second stay in 3 months at this location. The first time I booked through an online site and didn't find out hotel name until after I had booked. My stay was perfect, especially after sharing a much smaller room with three others for the first part of my visit, at another hotel. The Courtyard Midtown East was 1/2 as much. The location is good, rooms are spacious and staff is friendly. The second visit was the weekend before Christmas when New York was crazy. We got a 2 room suite that was over 700 square feet. The staff brought extra bedding for the sofa bed, promptly, and although the lobby and accommodations are not 5 star, they are certainly clean, comfortable and nice.

Room Tip: Look for corner rooms and call to make sure you have a sofa bed, if you need one. They are not guaranteed. The Queen rooms with 2 queen beds are the best value.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family