“Great courtyard”

Ranked #139 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great courtyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Very nice courtyard. Clean, perfect location and courteous staff. I would say that the one downside was no area of 24/7coffee/tea that some Marriott Courtyard offers. 1/2block to the subway, so very convenient! Will stay here again

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gingerbug2013
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you found the location of the hotel to and cleanliness to be perfect. Our staff does try hard to be courteous, I will review your comments with our staff during our daily meetings. Thank you for staying at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with this Marriott Courtyard and will definitely stay there again next time we go to NYC. We actually don't have a single negative thing to say about this hotel. Location can't be beat, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and our Queen Queen room, which was at the end of a corridor, was huge! Seriously, this was not your normal reasonably sized Courtyard room, this room was enormous! The cafe on the 12th floor is very nice, bright and airy. I got there at 10:00 on a weekday morning only to find that they had closed a half hour earlier; the people who worked there couldn't have been nicer and they managed to find some coffee for me even though they were closed. All of the people we dealt with at the front desk were very friendly. The shower was great: perfect water pressure, easy to get the temperature adjusted right. The mini-fridge came in handy for our bottled water and juice. Beds were very comfortable. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank woodchucker
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I am glad our hotel me your expectations. I am happy you were pleased with or room sizes and of course the fridge in the room (Thats a must for me when I travel).

I am sorry that the Bistro had closed for breakfast when you arrived its open a little later on weekends.

Most importantly I am happy you had good interactions with our staff.

Thank you again for writing your review of our hotel.
Argyle, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Perfect for a girls weekend. My girlfriend and I brought our two tween daughters for four nights. Very close to TImes Square, great shopping, Rockefeller Center. Very reasonably priced. The hotel was much quieter than I expected. The rooms were great size. Must compliment the hotel staff. Everyone was so friendly. Our first morning I was chatting with two of the ladies working in the hotel's bistro - Julissa and Rachel. I mentioned this trip was a birthday present for my daughter. Later they brought to our room a sweet birthday breakfast for her with a card! It was lovely! Nothing but nice things to say about this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TexasMama2014
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
A belated Happy Birthday to your daughter from me. It was nice to hear that ou staff empowered themselves to reach out and acknowledge your daughters Birthday. Thank you for your positve comments about the hotel and also for recognizing Julissa and Rachel's efforts. I will be sure to pass on your comments and recognize their efforts. Thank you for staying with us.
Coolangatta, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Courtyard is an excellent hotel with a great location, right above the subway station so all of NYC is right at your doorstep. The front desk staff werent as professional as they could have been. A female team member was chewing gum louding with her mouth open whilst giving directions to a restaurant, it doesnt give a great impression. Sometimes they were seen slouching over the desk and chatting to each other like they werent in a professional environment. Granted I come from a hotel background which may be why I'm picking up on all the little things, but the little things build up.
The maid service was amazing, they cleaned everything top to bottom and left it sparkling, well done to the whole housekeeping team, they definitely deserve much appraise for their efforts.
The rooms were big and spacious, with comfy beds and pillows. The aircon ran a little loud but it was only when the fan would kick back on for a short time. I will definitely be back next time I'm in the Big Apple...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I am happy that you were Happy with our Housekeeping staff and also the rooms themselves. I will be happy to passon your comments to our housekeeping staff.

I will mention both the positive and negative information to the respective departments to make sure they are aware. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for 6 nights on a recommendation from a Trip Advisor review. Review was SPOT ON. This hotel is in a good location in Midtown, you can walk to Radio City, Times Square and Central Park easily. The subway is at the end of the block. By any standards the romms are a good size, we had 2 double beds ans a sofa bed with room to spare. Staff were polite and really helpful, we didn't arrive at the hotel on the first night till after midnight, the only concern from the ladt of the front desk was to get us checked in ASAP so that we could get to bed!! For the price you can't beat this hotel, especially if you are looking for 4/5 peaople in a room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for writing your review of our hotel. I am happy that someones positive comments pursuaded you to stay at our hotel. Our rooms are often commented on because of their size in a positive manner. Additionally as you pointed out Location, we are close to the major sights and near adjacent to a major Subway Stations for E,M and 6 trains. Thank you again for staying at our hotel and writing your review.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights from 22nd Dec - family of 6. We booked 2 rooms - they were spacious and clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Conveniently located near convenience stores, subway staions and also within walking distance (14-20 min) to times square, central park. Close to laundry services which was useful - several wash and fold services nearby which is good for a large family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your nice comments about our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed our city during the holidays it is a special time to be in NY. I find it personally a nice walk to Times Square. From your review 14-20 mins is about what it takes me also. I like to walk across 50th street so you pass Rock Center, St. Patricks Cathedrial, Saks 5th Avenue and Radio City Music Hall. Thank you for staying with us.
Portsmouth NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

A well located hotel close to all attractions, friendly and helpful front desk and concierge. Clean spacious room with two comfortable queen beds and a pull out sofa, smallish bathroom but fine for a couple of nights. Valet parking for $48 for 24 hours, which is good for NY. A small gym and a café, but there are so many places to eat all round plus a 24 hour Duane Reade downstairs that lack of restaurant and lobby is no problem. A real find and great value in an expensive city.

Room Tip: High floor renovated rooms