“Very effective staff, reasonable prices, great location, modern rooms”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #141 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor people

I was a guest a couple of weeks ago (at the tail end of the UN GA meeting) and I forgot my bag of chocolates and medicine. First, Mr Ferguson from Lost & Found was very helpful in safekeeping the items and relieving me from worry. I tried to get someone to pick up the items, but he was out of town. I called again, and Mr Aaron Shaw was very helpful in a subsequent phone exchange in making sure my items could be sent, double checking (both address and my name, as well as shipping policies) and calling me back within 15 minutes. These small professional details matter and are always remembered.

I had an outstanding stay from A to Z (the very friendly desk clerk found a super room for me at a great rate three consecutive nights even though my reservation seemed to have not popped up) and look forward to returning to this finely run hotel when I am back in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dbilar
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy when our staff meets our guests expectations. I will be very happy to recognize our Loss Prevention associates that you mentioned as well as pass on your positive comments to the Front Office team. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and the positive recognition for our team.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed 8 nights and staff was helpful, friendly, and kind. I cannot say enough about the front desk staff, the concierge, the maids, security staff, and the restaurant staff. They all made my stay very comfortable. Breakfast was always hot and delicious. It was a highlight of my day. Thank you for making my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandra B
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy the staff and hotel met your expectations. Thank you so much for the positive words and for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here for business. Very nice courtyard. Clean, perfect location and courteous staff. I would say that the one downside was no area of 24/7coffee/tea that some Marriott Courtyard offers. 1/2block to the subway, so very convenient! Will stay here again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gingerbug2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you found the location of the hotel to and cleanliness to be perfect. Our staff does try hard to be courteous, I will review your comments with our staff during our daily meetings. Thank you for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were very impressed with this Marriott Courtyard and will definitely stay there again next time we go to NYC. We actually don't have a single negative thing to say about this hotel. Location can't be beat, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and our Queen Queen room, which was at the end of a corridor, was huge! Seriously, this was not your normal reasonably sized Courtyard room, this room was enormous! The cafe on the 12th floor is very nice, bright and airy. I got there at 10:00 on a weekday morning only to find that they had closed a half hour earlier; the people who worked there couldn't have been nicer and they managed to find some coffee for me even though they were closed. All of the people we dealt with at the front desk were very friendly. The shower was great: perfect water pressure, easy to get the temperature adjusted right. The mini-fridge came in handy for our bottled water and juice. Beds were very comfortable. Highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank woodchucker
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I am glad our hotel me your expectations. I am happy you were pleased with or room sizes and of course the fridge in the room (Thats a must for me when I travel).

I am sorry that the Bistro had closed for breakfast when you arrived its open a little later on weekends.

Most importantly I am happy you had good interactions with our staff.

Thank you again for writing your review of our hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Perfect for a girls weekend. My girlfriend and I brought our two tween daughters for four nights. Very close to TImes Square, great shopping, Rockefeller Center. Very reasonably priced. The hotel was much quieter than I expected. The rooms were great size. Must compliment the hotel staff. Everyone was so friendly. Our first morning I was chatting with two of the ladies working in the hotel's bistro - Julissa and Rachel. I mentioned this trip was a birthday present for my daughter. Later they brought to our room a sweet birthday breakfast for her with a card! It was lovely! Nothing but nice things to say about this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TexasMama2014
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

A belated Happy Birthday to your daughter from me. It was nice to hear that ou staff empowered themselves to reach out and acknowledge your daughters Birthday. Thank you for your positve comments about the hotel and also for recognizing Julissa and Rachel's efforts. I will be sure to pass on your comments and recognize their efforts. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Courtyard is an excellent hotel with a great location, right above the subway station so all of NYC is right at your doorstep. The front desk staff werent as professional as they could have been. A female team member was chewing gum louding with her mouth open whilst giving directions to a restaurant, it doesnt give a great impression. Sometimes they were seen slouching over the desk and chatting to each other like they werent in a professional environment. Granted I come from a hotel background which may be why I'm picking up on all the little things, but the little things build up.
The maid service was amazing, they cleaned everything top to bottom and left it sparkling, well done to the whole housekeeping team, they definitely deserve much appraise for their efforts.
The rooms were big and spacious, with comfy beds and pillows. The aircon ran a little loud but it was only when the fan would kick back on for a short time. I will definitely be back next time I'm in the Big Apple...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am happy that you were Happy with our Housekeeping staff and also the rooms themselves. I will be happy to passon your comments to our housekeeping staff.

I will mention both the positive and negative information to the respective departments to make sure they are aware. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for 6 nights on a recommendation from a Trip Advisor review. Review was SPOT ON. This hotel is in a good location in Midtown, you can walk to Radio City, Times Square and Central Park easily. The subway is at the end of the block. By any standards the romms are a good size, we had 2 double beds ans a sofa bed with room to spare. Staff were polite and really helpful, we didn't arrive at the hotel on the first night till after midnight, the only concern from the ladt of the front desk was to get us checked in ASAP so that we could get to bed!! For the price you can't beat this hotel, especially if you are looking for 4/5 peaople in a room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for writing your review of our hotel. I am happy that someones positive comments pursuaded you to stay at our hotel. Our rooms are often commented on because of their size in a positive manner. Additionally as you pointed out Location, we are close to the major sights and near adjacent to a major Subway Stations for E,M and 6 trains. Thank you again for staying at our hotel and writing your review.