Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
2,410 results
All reviewscourtyard marriottsofa bedlipstick buildinggreat locationcentral parksubway stationnew yorktimes squareess a bageldrug storechrysler buildingduane readefloor loungetwo queensrockefeller centerspacious roomwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel through priceline, name your price, and received a reasonable deal on the room for a single night. The room was small as to be expected but with a window that spanned an entire wall. The bathroom was adequate and up to date. I have no complaints about the room. It was located on a high floor. The real treasure of this hotel is the staff. We dealt with the front desk staff and the bellhop/car person. All the staff encountered were pleasant, helpful and it seems truly interested in helping us in anyway. We parked our car overnight and it was handled beautifully. The price to park was less than I was quoted over the phone. We left both our bags and our car there after checking out and there was no problem with this. I did tip well but we encountered the superior service before tipping as well. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Courtyard Marriott. I highly recommend this hotel. We had a spacious room with 2 Queen size beds plus a sofa bed. There was a mini-fridge and safe. We were on the 17th floor overlooking 3rd Street. We could barely hear the street traffic and with the air conditioner on, you could not hear it at all. The room was spotlessly clean. Every staff member that we encountered were polite and helpful. The lobby is very small and could get a tad congested but it wasn't an issue. Great location in a nice neighbourhood. Close to subway. Easy to find your way around.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard for four nights beginning May 7 and was given a handicapped-accessible room on the 19th floor. (I have no disabilities; I'm guessing the hotel was fairly booked over this time.) Booked the room through TravelPony.com and paid $1,052. This was the best deal I could find for a 3-star hotel over this time period.
The hotel location is mid-town East Manhattan on 3rd Avenue between 52nd St. and 53rd St, about a 10-minute walk to Rockefeller Plaza, the shops on 5th Ave., and the Museum of Modern Art, a 15-minute walk to Central Park and the Diamond District, and about a 20-minute walk to Times Square, There is a Duane Read next door for any essential needs. There's also a subway stop for the 6, E, & M lines just outside the hotel door and to the right. These lines will get you to just about anywhere you need to go, with transfers.
I was able to get to Avery Fisher Hall, The Museum of Jewish Heritage, Village Vanguard in Greenwich Village, Chinatown, and TImes Square with very little hassle. If you don't mind a little walk, catching a cab, or taking the subway, the location of this hotel is quite serviceable.
Check-in was prompt and courteous. I had prepaid for the room, so I just needed to give a credit card for incidentals, and was given my room key and told which elevators to take to get to my room. (The elevators were always very quick.) Being a handicapped-accessible room, the square footage was extremely generous by Manhattan hotel room standards. The room featured black-out blinds, a comfortable queen-size bed, a mini-fridge, safe, huge bathroom, plenty of outlets, pull-out sofa sleeper, and satellite TV. (The satellite TV picture did go out during a heavy downpour, but this is to be expected with satellite TV.) There was a bit of road noise, and I was able to hear the neighbors in the room next door, but by leaving the fan on medium all the time, I was able to get four great nights' sleep. The roll-in shower had excellent water pressure and the supplied toiletries were pretty typical; shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. The view to the east overlooking 3rd Avenue was fair to good. I did not have occasion to use the concierge, but when I noticed others making use of his service, he seemed to be polite and helpful.
There is a small bistro on the 12th floor that I did not use, as well as a business center, which I did use to print out my boarding passes; very convenient and quick. A fitness center is also located on the 12th floor, and while it looked well-equipped, I found I did enough walking each day to not have to avail myself of its services.
The neighborhood felt very safe and boasted many different dining choices. (I especially liked Cassaino Pizza - wonderful thin crust pepperoni!)
In summary, the Courtyard is a perfectly serviceable hotel. Not a whole lot in the way of personality or character, but the steady, solid performance that you expect from the Marriott hotel chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

First, I have to say the location of this hotel is great. Took the family right before Christmas. First, there are subway stations on both corners outside the hotel with trains going down both the east/west side of the island. Getting downtown, uptown or midtown is very easy with minimal walking to the trains. Second, the hotel and staff are very family friendly. Don't expect a grand lobby (there is not one). However the breakfast and sitting area is very nice for hanging out (4th floor?). Third, lots of different food places around for the family and is a quick trip to Times Square. Finally, there is a 24 hour pharmacy/food market outside next door. The family loved this as was like having an entire store for snacks, drinks, personal items, etc attached to the hotel.

I would definitely go back -- with our without the family.

Room Tip: Per other recommendations, rooms on the corner are slightly bigger and gave us (family of 5) some room to spread out.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TL7979
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were 5 in one room and four of us shared the king size-beds and the fifth had to sleep on a sofa bed. The room was not big, but it was very clean, and of course- it had a broadloom on the floor. We got small schampoo, and lotion bottles and towels. The staff was very nice, we only stayed here for two nights. The location was very central. We walked for aprox. 30 minutes through the blocks to get to Empire State building, and only one block away from the hotel was Rockerfeller centre. We also walked for like 20 minutes to Grand Central Station. Very good location.

Room Tip: Try to get a bigger room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family