“Great Stay”

Ranked #136 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

the location for this hotel is perfect! there is a subway station right at the corner of the block. and the staff could not be more helpful. We will definitely come back.
Also, there are tons of restaurants and coffee shops around the hotel. And there is a drug store at the first floor where you can get water, snacks, fruit, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I love the title of you review "Great Stay".
You mentioned Location (Check)
Helpful Staff (Check)
Coming Back because you enjoyed the hotel (Check)

Alright that's a wrap on this review, thank you so much for letting us know. Your next stay please reach out and say hello.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went with a group of girls for an overnight. We had 3 in our room which had 2 queen beds, & a sleeper sofa. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable with an updated bathroom. (We expected a small room for downtown NYC.) It was also very quiet, especially in the evening, great for sleeping.The hotel is in a great location, not far from 5th Ave & near St.Pat's. We had a nice view of the East River & the Chrysler Bldg as we were on the 27th floor.The 12th floor had a Starbucks which was great for a light breakfast. The staff service was fine. I would stay at this hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: The views are nicer the higher up your room is.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review. We are definitley known for the size of our rooms and the location of our hotel. YOu also pointed out some of the walking distance sites from our hotel. I especially like the part where you said "I would stay at this hotel again for sure". If you do please let me know. Thank you again for your review!!
Boston MA
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Friendly staff all around, from check in, to every single employee in the elevators, in their Starbucks and even security. Check in was quick and helpful with directions and dining tips. Great location and the bistro on the 12th floor was handy. The room was great. The only negative if even, was that the elevators were slow but that really did not affect my stay at all which was very enjoyable. Thank you

Room Tip: Lower floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to right a review about our hotel. I am very happy that we met your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff. I am happy that your stay was enjoyable though a little slower than you would have liked with our elevators. I appreciate the positive comments. If I can be of further assistance in the future please feel free to contact me.
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We ran into a transportation issue when our van did not arrive on time (actually showed up over an hour late). The bellmen expressed concern for our predicament and helped us come up with a solution. One bellman was able to find a limousine for the same price we were going to pay the van and we 'traveled in style." Wonderful Service!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary A
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and to spotlight our doorman. I am happy they were able to assist you in getting this situation resolved. If possible can you contact me with the date this happened so I can recognize our associate for their service to you. Thank you again for staying with us and leaving the review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very accommodating staff, typical of Marriotts I've stayed at. We stayed one night on our way to an international flight. We picked this hotel because of its location to Broadway. Easy to get around and take in a few sights. Room was what we expected. Service staff was top-notch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing your review. Yes the bright lights of Broadway are great to visit, but it's nice to stay outside them. Most of our guests find they can walk to Broadway by walking what we say is "across town". The usual route takes them along 51st street past Rock Center, Radio City, St. Patrick's into Times Square. But there is also train service 'E' and 'M' that stop on the corner of our hotel that can take you over.

Thank you for pointing out the service our staff provided as well as the room quality. We pride ourselves for those to key points. I will be sure to let our staff know of your comments.

Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked one room for our NYC girls weekend. This hotel was in a great location. Every member of the staff we interacted with were very pleasant and accommodating. I called ahead before we left to ask a few questions and the lady who answered the phone was so helpful and polite. We received the early check in that we requested (which was fantastic after being exhausted from our long bus ride). The room was clean and spacious. Even when we all unpacked suitcases and scattered our stuff around the room, it still felt like there was plenty of room. I am a nursing mother so I had called ahead about storing my pumped breastmilk. The hotel was SOOO patient and understanding. They stored the milk in the fridge of the cafe. The insulated bag was marked clearly with my name and room number so it couldn't be confused with anything else. Even when we got in at 3am one night and I had to pump milk and store it immediately the front desk and security/door man pleasantly accommodated my request to have the milk stored. They went above and beyond. We were able to store our bags the last day so that they were ready to go when we left town. The gentleman performing this task was pleasant and engaging. He seemed genuinely interested in whether we were having a good stay. We did not notice the "thin walls" as some of the other posters mentioned but we spent limited time in the room. We stayed on the 25th floor and still had a good view. We were given plenty of towels. the 12 floor cafe has a Starbucks which was a nice surprise for the mornings. However the cafe is not open all day and the Starbucks menu is limited. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time, to write you review. I think I met you in our restaurant one early afternoon while Mayra was helping you store the baby milk. I am so happy you and your group enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let our staff know the positive impact their service had on you.

I am happy you enjoyed our room size. We have many repeat guests come back because they find the rooms to be large and comfortable.

We look forward to being able to provide you with a fantastic stay in the future. Maybe baby's first birthday? Thank you again for leaving such a wonderful review.
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel could not have done better. The room was spacious and comfortable, housekeeping, decor and cleanliness perfect. Desk staff was friendly and upbeat -- above and beyond their duties. Concierge -- both of them -- were delightful and extremely helpful. They were always available and again, went above and beyond what we asked. On the 12th floor you can get a lovely breakfast and Starbucks coffee in a bright, window-filled room. I would recommend anyone visiting New York to stay here. The location was fantastic and we were thrilled by everything else. Kudos to whoever manages this hotel. Top notch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah N
Well I would love to take all the credit for myself, but we have a team of Managers and Dedicated Associates who love to know we did a great job. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to our team at our morning huddles. I can feel your happiness through your review and it has put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for writing your review. More importantly for staying at our hotel.