“Location, Location, Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #137 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hood River, OR
“Location, Location, Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Incredibly convenient location for a family looking to take in the whole city and the concierge was fantastic!. He answered all our questions and could find anything in the city. Even when he was gone after hours the front desk proved very helpful. The room was great: Quiet, cool, and clean. Only negative was the small size of the sofa sleeper that my kids sharred. The 12th floor lounge was superb! Very large, several TV booths, couches for reading, charging stations, computers to use, and a breakfast bar. Great place to hang out. Below is our walking experience with our 11 and 13 yr olds.

Subway right out the door and is a convergence of several lines. Go north to queens and south to the brookland bridge on one line or west to times square or uptown west on the other line.

15-20 minute walk to FAQ Shortz toy store and the Plaza for Eloise....and that puts you at Central Park
10-15 minute walk to Rockefeller Center (or take subway)
20-25 minute walk to Times square (or take subway)
10 minute walk to Grand Central Station and Chrysler Building
You could combined this walk into a loop following the order I listed for a great tour

Take the subway to downtown and your in the heart of it all
Also the restaurants around this hotel are amazing. From street carts with Bagels and Smear, to Fallafal or lamb gyros. 4 or 5 pizza by the slice places, Thai, Starbucks, french bakery, and the amazing Smith and Wollenskys steak house from the travel channel. Also a drug store in the building for grocery items.

2 Thank BlueC0llar
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review and what a review it was :)

Believe it or not the city has even more to offer so make sure to come back. I am very happy that we met your expecations and it seems like you and your family enjoyed themselves. Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving your review. I will make sure to recognize the concierge for his assistance to you.

Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Peachtree City, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a simple and very modern hotel. We only stayed one night. The bathroom looked clean but smelled bad (like body odor). They had a one cup coffee maker with one regular coffee filter and one decaf (for a room that slept 6 people). We called for more coffee and they brought a bunch up but we didn't realize until we got up a 4a.m., that they had brought us all decaf! The ironing board was bent and horrible, iron didn't work well. Front desk was very nice. Parking attendant handled the car well (but it was $52 per day and you had to let them know a half hour before you needed car ---but they informed us and all was fine for us).

1 Thank sammack13
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet your expecations nor ours. If you can please contact me so I can find out some more information. There seems to be that there were great opportunities to assist you and give you the stay you expected that were missed. I again apologize and hope you will reach out to me.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just a block from the Lexington subway, this Marriott Courtyard is in a perfect location at the east end of midtown Manhattan. I got a last minute rate of $199, and was upgraded to a corner room. Room was bright and airy with beautiful modern décor, and was large by New York standards. Large windows provided lots of light and a view of the skyline. Absolutely loved the 12th floor lounge; modern and very spacious...a good place to read, relax, or watch the news on several flat screen t.v.s. There was also a nice café in the lounge which was convenient for a basic breakfast and Starbucks coffee. Staff was friendly and attentive. The manager took the time to show me a room before I committed to my stay here.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are super nice.....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anita E
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy we met your expecations, looks like the hotel met your needs for a great stay. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying. Safe travels till we meet again.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

marriott gold member- loyal to marriott only- first stay at the midtown courtyard. Great location with walking distance to all midtown locales- restaurants, shopping etc. rooms are larger then average nyc hotels- about 350sq feet. redone newer style- nicely done- nice views. 12th floor offers the lobby lounge and starbucks- no other amenities other then a small gym. great option for midtown- minuses would be the a/c unit is on all the time and loud and the street traffic is loud even on the 25th floor- also the bathrooms are tight but room size makes up- very solid nice stay!

Room Tip: higher the room less the noise- but there is noise all around
Green Features: marriott will not wash towels if left hanging to save water-
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and also for being a gold rewards member. We our know for a large rooms especially in the NY market. I like to take credit for alot of things but the nice views, thats a New York feature we just try to take advantage of what NY has to offer. Thank you for mentioning the Green Feature bout our Laundry reuse program. You also mentioned NY is the city that never sleeps yes there is sound in the area and we are looking at ways to make your stay more comfortable. We appreciate your review and for staying at our hotel. Thank you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed for 3 nights. We had 2 beds and a sofa couch. Very nice sized room with mini fridge and a great view as we were on the 29th floor. The room was very clean and the ladies were more than happy to bring us up some more towels and such (even late at night). The guy in the lobby that sold tickets and such was really helpful as my dad went down and asked him a million questions. The bellman guys were friendly and helped us get cabs. It was a great location with a grocery story right beside it, the subway station across the street, bus stop 2 blocks away, restaurants galore, and was within walking distance to time square, fifth avenue, Central Park, and more. It is not right in Times Square so you get more for your money. We will definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kayla K
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. Room was big. The location was perfect, close to subway and all major attractions. The concierge guy was extremely helpful and patient by showing us directions.Those are probably all the good things I can say about this place. We arrived there really late after our plane delayed almost 6 hours at Chicago the first night. The last things we want to have that day was the front checkin lady were very cold. After I requested a quiet room, she shaked her head and gave us a lowest floor room that right next to the elevator. For the next four nights, we could always hear the loud noise from the elevator even deep into the night. This sort of ruined the whole experience. The bathroom water flow was extremely low, that you always have to wait for the sink to fill. I never found a hair dryer in the room, first time ever during my life staying in a decent hotel. The small coffee maker was covered with dust when we walked in. I had to wash it before making my coffee.

1 Thank calanesth
Thank you for writing your review of our hotel. Please contact me I would like to know more about some of the information you mentioned in your review. When staying at any of our hotels please let us know when something is not meeting your expectations. I am sorry we didnt meet your resonable requests. I hope you can take the time to contact me. Thank you again for writing your review and for staying at our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

very nice hotel cant rave about it enough rooms are amazing with veiws over the city wow !! staff all very nice apart from a lady on check in was a little frosty and after traveling 7 hours thats the last thing you want. the hotel is in a great area with loads of food places around. subway right outside which was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank H k
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Yes NY does offer some beautiful views. I personally enjoy going up to some of our high floors and looking at Queens/Brooklyn and some of nearby skyscrapers. Chrysler is my favorite but the Citicorp building still amazes me. I see that you found dining in the area. Most of our guests like to walk aound and explore all that NY has to offer. If you can contact me I would like to know more about the receptionist you mentioned. Thank you so much for your review safe travels till we meet again