“Great Way to experience NYC by staying at the Marcel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Marcel at Gramercy

The Marcel at Gramercy
Ranked #166 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philly, PA
“Great Way to experience NYC by staying at the Marcel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a great time at the hotel and were able to experience NYC quite well. Brittany and Jennifer did a great job checking us into our 3 rooms. Because we were only staying for one night, they were able to offer us their best accommodation in 3 king rooms while we only had 1 king room and 2 queen rooms! The view from the 10th floor is spectacular. They also have lounge chairs on the 10th floor. The rooms are not huge considering NYC, but, they are comfortable. We were also able to find street parking there. If you are not able to find parking, you can park at a parking lot 3 doors down for $25 for 24 hours. The parking lot does not have 'in-and-out' privileges. I would recommend this hotel for exploring NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarcelGM, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor!

We hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!

Nalini Sullivan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We chanced upon this hotel while browsing and decided to try it as the location seemed great and the rates were excellent. Being regular travelers to NYC and using large well known hotels, as well as boutique hotels, I have to say we were pleasantly surprised! We had the best experience ever, it surpassed our expectations. The staff was courteous, the room very comfortable, the location ideal, the roof top excellent. We highly recommend it to anyone looking for good boutique hotel at excellent value for money in manhattan. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaidoo
Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Port Saint Lucie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had such a great experience at this hotel. The staff was amazing. Kathy the Manager went above and beyond to make our stay with them unforgettable.
Also the hotel is very clean and the room size was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MarcelGM, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to share how wonderful our team is!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place was excellent, no probs at all. booked on hotel tonight very last minute. Staff competent and helpful, Tenzin especially, he helped me carry my luggage to the parking garage down the block. Room was totally clean and although small that's just the way it is in NYC.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five star review!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Hope to see you again soon!

Queens Village
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This past weekend I opted to plan a getaway for my husband and I. As per the reviews I was a little hesitant and I am beyond HAPPY that I stuck to my choice with the Marcel. The rate and room for a manhattan hotel I would say it was reasonably priced. The room was flawless, the views breathtaking. I didn't want to leave. However we checked out 6/29. The Concierge was amazing (Kathy) helped with romantic activities for my husband and I she even recommended a place where we had our engagement shoot which brought back so many fond memories for us. I look forward to my future stay at this hidden gem!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Walnut Creek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The only thing that I can say was quirky(not bad, but quirky) was the unusually slow elevator that played the exact same music over and over again. I was sad that on my last ride down I did not get this elevator)
Everything was wonderful, absolutely no complaints!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!

We are most appreciative of your kind review and we hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was spending the weekend in Manhattan and wanted to do so as cheaply as possible. I found a deal on this hotel that I couldn't pass up, and I'm glad I didn't.
I arrived and walked from Penn Station and it was only approximately a 20 minute walk. I also took a cab both to and from the train station and it was less than $10 each way. So getting there was a breeze. I was early, but was able to check in and my room was ready! The front desk was helpful and directed me the subway station and told me which line(s) I'd need for my adventure. There are 2 subway stations (with different lines) just a few blocks away.
I was expecting small, but was shocked when I almost walked into my bed when opening my door. So beware, the rooms are tiny. However, they are very clean. Not a lot of storage but there is a small closet with hangers and safe. There was also a desk and chair in the room. In the bathroom there was a shelf to but all my toiletries. There are some little snacks in the room if needed but are pricey. There's also a minifridge with alcohol that I was afraid to even open, so I don't know if left overs would fit. Even if they would I didn't see a microwave, even in the lounge. The bed was comfortable and had a nice comforter and plenty of pillows. My only complaint about the room would be the shape. There was a teeny tiny "hallway" that lead to a window and an a/c unit. Over there it was cold, but the air had a hard time getting into the room it's self so it stayed stuff. Oh and the towels. The towels were pretty thin and cheap.
The guest lounge on the 10th floor is nice. There is free coffee and tea while it is open and a wine reception on certain nights. They provide free wifi and computer access. There are couches and small tables as well as a roof top patio with a nice view of the empire state building. It was a nice spot to relax after sight seeing.
Like I said the subway is close by, but so is food. there were plenty of different types of food choices within a few blocks to keep everyone happy. There is also a drugstore & small park just a couple of blocks away. I walked from the hotel to the Empire State Building and Times Square. It was a little bit of a hike, but a nice stroll if you wanted to see the city. I came and went from the hotel at night often and felt safe walking alone even then. The one thing that did bother me a little was that you did not need a room key or anything to access the hotel at night.
This hotel is close enough to the action to enjoy it, but far enough away to relax too. Great choice and I am glad I stayed

1 Thank Mskaos
Thank you so much for posting a review of your experience at The Marcel at Gramercy! We are very pleased that you appreciated our central location as well as our hospitality!

We hope that upon your next visit to NYC you keep us mind!

Thanks again!