This was reasonably priced and touted itself as a four star hotel, but there wasn't much special about it. For me the best thing was the proximity to Korean food (its in Korea town) which I ate everyday. Otherwise the neighbourhood isnt as charismatic as Greenwich or Soho.
The front desk staff and the bell-staff were lovely, but the downsides are:
- there is no room service. I had a massive hangover one day and couldn't get out of the room until 5pm to go and get something to eat.
- they say they offer discounted daily guest passes to Equinox, but it was $25 and I don't believe this was discounted (not the same day as the hangover), it was good gym though 2 blocks away
- the lift was ancient and took forever
- no view
Although the staff were helpful, the hotel itself doesn't offer much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located just below Midtown Manhattan, The Avalon Hotel New York is blocks away from everything New York City has to offer. The hotel is only two blocks from the Empire State Building, seven subway lines and Penn Station, as well as being easily accessible to LaGuardia, JFK and Newark Liberty International Airport. Additionally, The Avalon Hotel New York is just steps from the best shopping in Manhattan including Macy's, Lord & Taylor and numerous 5th & Madison Avenue boutiques. World-famous Times Square and the Theatre District is just a short walk, subway or taxi cab ride away. With a majority of the 100 guest rooms over 400 square feet, many of our spacious guest rooms have two beds and all our suites feature a sofa bed. The Avalon Hotel New York is a classic boutique hotel providing guests with extra comforts such as a private library, flat screen HD televisions, 100% cotton linens, Thymes amenities, mini bars and personal in-room coolers. Conference space is available for intimate gatherings or business meetings. The Avalon Hotel offers, for an additional fee, a continental buffet breakfast served daily. A $20/night mandatory Facility Fee (plus taxes) will be applied and includes Wi-Fi, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Daily Newspapers, unlimited U.S. and Domestic (US Mainland) telephone calls, luggage storage, unlimited daily hot beverage and water service and 24-hour Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Avalon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Hotel New York City
- Vincci New York City
- Vincci Hotel Avalon