“Excellent location, impecable service”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #131 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Traveled with the family and booked 2 rooms. Rooms were not contiguous, nor connecting but didn't matter. The hotel is so pretty. The lobby is breath taking and the ambiance couldn't be better. Room was very comfortable with 2 tvs, one on the living area (stayed at a suite) and one on the bedroom. The price was reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.
I would come back again to this hotel with no doubts.

2  Thank Lety J
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear LetyJ,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Avalon. We are delighted you and your family had such a good time and that you enjoyed your accommodations and some of the special features such as 2 TV's.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope you will contact my office directly as I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade. Our website always offers the lowest prices on the internet should you wish to reserve directly.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Avalon Hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed from july 25 through august 3 with my family and friends. We occupied 5 rooms of the hotel and I must say the experience was great. The staff is excellent, very diligent and helpful. I was there to get married and they made the experience unforgettable for my family and friends. Jezmin and Carolina as the rest of the staff were extraordinary, they really went out of their way to make our stay worthwhile. The room was a union suite and it was very comfortable and the AC worked great, it was very hot in NYC. My only suggestion is to improve on the breakfast, it is too expensive for what is offered.
Thank you and when we get back to NCY as we often do, we will return to avalon. We are also sending our friends there.
Carmen Velez

Room Tip: Junior Suites are very comfortable and incredibly large for NYC.
2  Thank Carmen M V
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear CarmenMV,

Thank you very much for choosing the Avalon for such a special occasion. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience, and are very happy you enjoyed your room. We very much appreciate your feedback, and will tell the staff that they were so important in making your stay a great one. When you, or your friends, do return to the Avalon, please contact my office directly so that I can provide a complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My sister and I are returning again to the Vincci Avalon in November and are really really looking forward to the trip. This will be our third time in a few years but we know exactly what we will get. Good service from check-in, bells are so helpful and will carry and transport your luggage to and from rooms. Large suite with all amenities, bathrooms very clean and towels are changed daily. Bath robe and slippers a nice touch especially after a long day. Ice buckets for a small beveridge in your room, just phone for service and the boys will bring to your room. Hotel is so central and Empire State a block away which makes it so convenient, go for an early start and miss all the queues. Small bar and restaurant/bistro within the Hotel very nice. Free coffee and wifi room before you step out in the morning. Can't wait for November.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fletch5

Dear fletch5,

We were delighted to learn you are returning to the Avalon and look forward to welcoming you back. As the new General Manager of the Avalon, I want to be sure this stay is as good as all the rest. I hope you will contact me directly so I can personally oversee your accommodations.

generalmanager@avalonhotenyc.com

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Great location, steps away from Korea town and half a block from Empire State Building! Very friendly, professional and accomodating staff who helped us with a quiet and very nice room according to request from us.
Very spacious room and bathroom, very clean and with wonderfully comfortable bed.
Staff was helpful in providing tips about restaurants choice, airport transport etc which was highly appreciated. Would really recommend it to anyone seeking excellent comfort in a relaxing atmosphere paired with great service!
Thank you for making our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear David G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Avalon. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and your experience with the staff, and hope that we’ll be able to welcome you again soon! If you plan to return to New York, please contact my office directly as I would like to extend a complimentary upgrade to provide you with another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

the location was good, the room was spacey, the bathroom was quite big.

my only complaint is that my room was very very dark and looking at backside of the buildings - not really the first thing i want to see in the morning, but then this was business trip.

apart from this there was nothing special about this hotel, but then many hotels in this area are rather generic and with not much personality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jelenaeva

Dear jelenaeva,

We very much appreciate your feedback on your stay at the Avalon, and are sorry that your visit was not what you had hoped for. We’d love the chance to have you again, and to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, I would like to provide you with a complimentary upgrade. If you return to New York, please contact my office directly so that I can handle your arrangements personally.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, we were surprised to find that the hotel restaurant had been closed "recently" due to anticipated renovations and there was also no room service. When we got to our room, it was totally unacceptable--closet sliding door off its track and ready to fall off, furniture upholstery that was dirty, one washcloth in bath, etc. we called the desk and told them we would not be staying the second night because we were dissatisfied. When we checked out the next morning, they insisted that we pay for both nights because we hadn't cancelled 48 hours in advance. Of course we didn't know 48 hours in advance that the hotel would have no restaurant and no room service, and that the room would be unattractive and dumpy. This experience places a big question mark on all TripAdvisor recommendations since this hotel had a Trip Advisor Excellence Award for 2012!

Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Gayle1945
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Gayle1945,

My sincerest apology for the delay in getting back to you. I was reviewing all of my replies and just now see that your post did not get a response. By no means was I trying to avoid a difficult situation as it is important for me to respond to all comments.

Your posting has had a significant impact on our business and I also see this is your only review. We would have to fail you at every level to receive such low ratings.

You were very disappointed and should not have left the Avalon this way. We let you down and I would like the opportunity to correct this if possible. If your plans include a return trip to New York, I hope you will contact me directly so I can attempt to make up for this past visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Checked in Avalon in july 2012 with my wife and 2 kids ( 4 and a half and 2 years old )
Yes it is true as many have mentioned in trip advisor that the location is perfect and the rooms are large to a New york City hotel , but the best thing for us in this hotel was the warm home welcome and help of Miss Carolina perez and the lovely smile and welcome of Miss Aylin gonzalez , thank you both you made us feel home.
We will definitely stay in avalon next time we visit and hope to c u again.

1  Thank Sami M
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Sami M,

We enjoyed hearing about your stay at the Avalon, and are so glad that
it was a great one. Thank you very much for sharing with us how much
you enjoyed your experience with the staff-- we will absolutely let
them know that they made your visit special. We’d very much like to
have you again, so please contact my office directly if you decide to
return to New York so that I can provide you with a complimentary
upgrade to make your next stay even better.