“Fantastic stay”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #131 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the Avalon after much research, and were not disappointed. The hotel is in an ideal location for exploring New York. The staff are very friendly and can not do enough to help. The hotel room is a good size and the beds are very comfortable after a full day on your feet.
Would recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wadester1
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Wadester1,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms spacious and comfortable and our location was perfect for you during your visit to Manhattan. I was most pleased to hear that our staff was very friendly and were able to accommodate your every need.

Should your travel plans call for a return to New York City, I hope we will have the honor of hosting you again. Please contact my office directly so I may personally oversee your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for Avalon Hotel

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Avalon from 12/17 - 12/20 2013. This is a nicely revamped building with quiet rooms, clean wooden floors, comfortable mattresses and big, spacious bathrooms (at least my suite's bathroom was enormous and quite modern). The staff and their service was impeccable. The hotel location is located a block and a half from the Empire State Building. The street is hectic, vibrant at night with all the restaurants and bars nearby but none of the noise makes it up to the upper floors.

All of the above plus a great price (taking into consideration the location and the time of year I visited). Bottom line: This is a gem!

Room Tip: Suite 1004 is excellent. The room is very spacious, quiet, with a large bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Luis R
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Luis R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Avalon Hotel. Your thoughts are most appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel comfortable, well-appointed and the location suited your needs. I was most happy to hear that you thought our staff was impeccable. They certainly are the heart and soul of the Avalon.

When your travel plans call for a return trip to Manhattan, I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please contact my office directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at Avalon hotel last december. It´s an excellent hotel, with a very big room (rare in NYC), with wood floor that is excellent for allergic people. The bath room is big and very clean.
The staff is helpful and friendly. The room is very quiet and the matress is very good.
The location is very good , near the 5th avenue and Empire State Building and Macy´s.
There are many restaurants near, but most of all are Korean restaurant, we didn´t try , but there is an Italian restaurant near (Bella Napoli) that is reasonable for a cold night when you is tired.
If I return to NYC I´ll stay again at Avalon and recomend for everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed at Queen deluxe suite, that is very big.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cida

Dear Cida.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you found our rooms spacious and clean and that our location was perfect for your needs. I was happy to know that our staff was friendly and helpful. They certainly are the heart and soul of the hotel.

Should your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, I hope we will have the honor of hosting you again. Please contact my office directly so I may personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Good:

* Free tea and coffee in reception.
* Very friendly staff.
* Big room for New York and a very nice bathroom.
* Comfortable and very good value for money.
* Amazing location.
* Fairly quiet for New York City.
* Very clean rooms.
* Good amenities.
* Gave an express pass to the empire state building and coupons for top of the rock on arrival.

Bad:

* It could use a little updating.
* Very dark as our room faced a wall - I imagine this is normal for NY though.
* The doors of the wardrobe were loose and potentially a bit of a hazard!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PPigeon

Dear PPigeon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. They are most appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel perfect on a number of levels including our spacious rooms, friendly staff and perfect location, among others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the decor of the room, we have been working on updating them. I am also grateful that you mentioned that the wardrobe doors need repair. I brought them to the attention of engineering and they have been fixed.

I hope we will have the honor of hosting you again on a return trip to Manhattan. Please contact my office directly so I may personally handle your reservation and insure you have a room with a view.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at Avalon for a business trip to New York mid-January. Location was perfect for a $10-15 cab ride anywhere in the city. I've stayed in probably close to 30 hotels in Manhattan but I don't think I'll be needing to look elsewhere. Everything about this hotel is fabulous from the staff to the hardwood floors in the rooms to the luxurious bathrooms. I was in the executive king suite and slept amazing on the huge bed. Rooms are huge Samsung TVs. I won’t be staying anywhere else. Job well done!

Room Tip: Executive King Suite is the best way to go.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank grassiaj44

Dear Grassiaj44,

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us. What I was most pleased to know was that you have stayed in over 30 hotels in Manhattan and because of your stay with us do not feel the need to look at staying at any other NYC hotel. That's high praise indeed and we are very grateful.

When your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact my office directly as I would like to personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My mum and i stayed here during our 10-day trip to NYC and loved it! The staff were always very helpful all the time right down to Carlos giving us an express pass for the Empire State Building upon arrival! The hotel is in a great spot and we very easily caught a cab up to Central Park South/Fifth Ave on most days and the subway to Lexington Ave to shop!

Thanks so much for a great stay Avalon Hotel - we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgia F

Dear Georgia F.,

I was happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your 10-day stay here and that our hotel suited and met your every need. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, especially Carlos. I will certainly pass your praise on to him as well as everyone else.

If your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, I hope we will have the honor of hosting you and your mum again. Please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my 16 year old son and my friend in early December. Brilliant location and very friendly staff. Stayed in a junior suite, it was spacious and what can I say about the beds, so comfy. The shower and bath were really lovely. This was my fifth visit to New York and this was the best hotel to date that I have stayed in. We walked everywhere and had all seasons during our 6 day stay, rain sun and snow!! Definitely would have no hesitation in staying in the Avalon again and hope it won't be too far into the future!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank pegle
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear pegle,

Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay and I was very happy to read your comments about my associates.

If you like the Junior Suites, I think you would also an enjoy the Deluxe Suites with two queen size beds. When you plan your next trip(no. 6) to New York, I hope you will consider a return to the Avalon. It would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and assure you the best rate, as well as the upgrade.

Michael Rawson