Avalon Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$407
US$220
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$168
US$138
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
1,758 results
All reviewsjunior suitethe empire state buildingkorea townnew yorkpenn stationsofa bedsitting areaaround the cornerfree coffeebig bathroomcontinental breakfastsmoking roomtimes squaremini barcentral locationspacious roomexcellent location
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the Avalon. This was the 1st stop on our honeymoon trip & what a lovely start. The hotel had a bottle of Moët waiting in our room-such a lovely touch. The rooms where so spacious (think we had a junior suite-lovely sitting area also) and beautifully decorated. Staff where helpful & the hot chocolate in the lobby was yum. Would definately recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kimbo1101
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kimbo1101,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was thrilled to read that we were your 1st stop on your Honeymoon and that we were able to start it off right! I am glad you enjoyed the congratulatory gift in your room, as well as the spaciousness of the room and our hotel amenitites.

When your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City (perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary?!) I hope we will have the honor of hosting you once again. If so, please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My company has a corporate account with this hotel. We are extremely happy. They always save rooms for us, even if they're sold out, and they always give us the rate of a smaller room if a suite is the only room left. Agnes Prusaczyk has been an awesome sales rep. She always books my rooms quickly and even took me out for lunch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Afelric1,

I was happy to read that you company enjoys their stays with us. We certainly appreciate your business and enjoy having your colleagues at the Avalon. I was most pleased to hear that our sales manager, Agnes Prusaczyk, takes very good care of you and your company. I will pass your kind comment on to her and the rest of the staff.

Next time, I look forward to meeting you and saying hello in person.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for 10 days in June/July 2014. The hotel is centrally located close to Empire State Building. Needless to say, but close to shops, restaurants and basically everything 24/7. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was big with two large beds, and an additional «living room». The bathroom was large and and appropriately furnished with all the things you need. The women in the family had some complaints with regards to the power of the heir dryer, so a tips might be to bring your own if you fancy dry hair :-) The room had to TV sets, and a small fridge in addition to a mini bar. Room service was available, and the people in the front desk was always willing and helpful. There was absolutely NO NOISE in our room, so the sound proofing must be very good. The air condition also worked flawlessly. Breakfast in the hotel is a bit pricy, so we opted for an option to eat out every day. Breakfast is $16.95 per person. Room is cleaned every day, to the highest standards. The hotel also helps you with transport to the airport, and stores your luggage for free on the day of checkout. We asked for a late checkout since our flight left in the afternoon, but this was only available for $70. Checkout is normally done at midday (12 o’clock) I might very well stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Finnerikkescreenname
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Finnerikkescreenname,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent 10 day stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel comfortable, the location perfect for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We chose this hotel on the net.without any special recommendation.The price was reasonable and the location could not have been better.We opted not to have the hotel breakfast which we found to be very basic.Good choice.The reception staff were excellent and very polite and always happy to help.We booked a few tours through the hotel reception but this sadly turned out to be a mistake because the hotel acted as a "middle man" taking a deposit and the rest had to be paid to the sightseeing tour company agent on the street.We had problems with them because they were very unfriendly because they had to do "all the work" without getting all the money.We complained to the hotel about this and we suggested that the hotel should issue the "whole ticket"or not at all.The hotel were very apologetic .Other than this our stay was fantastic and we would definitely go back again.The room was large and very clean.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor.It will be quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick M

Dear Patrick M.,

I was dissappointed to read that you had an unpleasant experience with some of the tour vendors in the city. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We have let the city and other relevant companies know as well. I was happy to read though that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our rooms spacious, well appointed and comfortable. I was most pleased to read that our staff was friendly and attentive to your needs.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Room was recommended and was in fact a great place to stay. Room was not quite ready when we arrived, we arrived early. Held our luggage and off we went. Room was large, clean, comfortable and pretty quiet except for the AC going on & off a lot. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great as we walked downtown to uptown. Easy access. Breakfast was nice with fruit, rolls and pastry, all fresh! Would definitely stay again, We dislike large hotels, this was comfy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AARON Y

Dear Aaron Y.,

I was happy to read that the Avalon suited all your needs. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the intimate size of the hotel, its location, spacious rooms and our continential buffet breakfast. Mostly, thank you for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff. They certainly are the heart and soul of the Avalon.

Should your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City, I hope we will be able to host you once again. If so, please contact my office as I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.