“Good location, good service”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #138 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 July 2014

While it may not be on a main street, it is very well located in Midtown between Fifth and Madison Avenues, a block from the Empire State Building. The service was good, I opted out of breakfast for the place on the corner of Madison and 32nd, a great takeaway selection buffet-style. The hotel was comfortable, could have had more power points but that is probably the worst I could say about it. I was here on a business trip, so for couples it is a good-priced hotel if you want to spend money elsewhere on experiences, or for those on a mid-budget. Walking distance to The Rockerfeller Centre, Central Park (40 minutes), Macy's, Broadway, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Nitromox1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel well located, comfortable and enjoyed our service. I will certainly let our staff know about your comments.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a junior suite with two double beds. Room was well appointed, though not fancy (laminate floors, not wood), with two wall mounted flat screen TVs, a mini bar fridge and empty fridge (for own drinks), a large bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, and an entrance foyer.

Beds were comfortable, room was very quiet even though we were on the third floor and were directly above a construction site. Great location, though because it is in Koreatown there are many restaurants around and large trash bags to navigate on the sidewalk at various times during the day. But that's part of the charm of NYC.

Great hotel for families, close to subway and attractions. Checkin was easy, elevators a bit slow but that's typical for buildings of this age. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maroulni
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Maroulni,

I was happy to read that you found our hotel perfect for your needs - including our well-appointed, comfortable rooms, great location and hotel amenities.

I hope we will have the honor of hosting you again should your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City. If so, please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my husband during or visit to New York. We loved the hotel. The location is perfect, just one block form the subway station and 2 blocks from the empire state.
The staff was really nice and the room was good. If we go back to NY, definitely we would stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryC_13
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear MaryC_13,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found our rooms comfortable and spacious and our staff nice.

If your future travel plans call for a return trip to New York City, I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please contact me directly so I may oversee your next reservation.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the Avalon. This was the 1st stop on our honeymoon trip & what a lovely start. The hotel had a bottle of Moët waiting in our room-such a lovely touch. The rooms where so spacious (think we had a junior suite-lovely sitting area also) and beautifully decorated. Staff where helpful & the hot chocolate in the lobby was yum. Would definately recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kimbo1101
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kimbo1101,

I was thrilled to read that we were your 1st stop on your Honeymoon and that we were able to start it off right! I am glad you enjoyed the congratulatory gift in your room, as well as the spaciousness of the room and our hotel amenitites.

When your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City (perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary?!) I hope we will have the honor of hosting you once again. If so, please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My company has a corporate account with this hotel. We are extremely happy. They always save rooms for us, even if they're sold out, and they always give us the rate of a smaller room if a suite is the only room left. Agnes Prusaczyk has been an awesome sales rep. She always books my rooms quickly and even took me out for lunch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Afelric1,

I was happy to read that you company enjoys their stays with us. We certainly appreciate your business and enjoy having your colleagues at the Avalon. I was most pleased to hear that our sales manager, Agnes Prusaczyk, takes very good care of you and your company. I will pass your kind comment on to her and the rest of the staff.

Next time, I look forward to meeting you and saying hello in person.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for 10 days in June/July 2014. The hotel is centrally located close to Empire State Building. Needless to say, but close to shops, restaurants and basically everything 24/7. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was big with two large beds, and an additional «living room». The bathroom was large and and appropriately furnished with all the things you need. The women in the family had some complaints with regards to the power of the heir dryer, so a tips might be to bring your own if you fancy dry hair :-) The room had to TV sets, and a small fridge in addition to a mini bar. Room service was available, and the people in the front desk was always willing and helpful. There was absolutely NO NOISE in our room, so the sound proofing must be very good. The air condition also worked flawlessly. Breakfast in the hotel is a bit pricy, so we opted for an option to eat out every day. Breakfast is $16.95 per person. Room is cleaned every day, to the highest standards. The hotel also helps you with transport to the airport, and stores your luggage for free on the day of checkout. We asked for a late checkout since our flight left in the afternoon, but this was only available for $70. Checkout is normally done at midday (12 o’clock) I might very well stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Finnerikkescreenname
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Finnerikkescreenname,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent 10 day stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel comfortable, the location perfect for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We chose this hotel on the net.without any special recommendation.The price was reasonable and the location could not have been better.We opted not to have the hotel breakfast which we found to be very basic.Good choice.The reception staff were excellent and very polite and always happy to help.We booked a few tours through the hotel reception but this sadly turned out to be a mistake because the hotel acted as a "middle man" taking a deposit and the rest had to be paid to the sightseeing tour company agent on the street.We had problems with them because they were very unfriendly because they had to do "all the work" without getting all the money.We complained to the hotel about this and we suggested that the hotel should issue the "whole ticket"or not at all.The hotel were very apologetic .Other than this our stay was fantastic and we would definitely go back again.The room was large and very clean.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor.It will be quiet.