1,739 results
All reviews ramada inn bagels the empire state building new york murray hill memory foam boiled eggs free breakfast breakfast room lexington avenue good size budget hotel few blocks small bathroom two queen beds times square front desk staff
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I booked 12 nights by mistake on booking.com a smoking room and I am a non-smoker. The receptionist offered me to relocate at a nearby hotel but decided to stay first night at a smoking room and the smell was so bad. Next day I got a perfect non-smoking room on the last floor. Location is excellent, breakfast good and staff members very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
AppleCoreHotelsStaff, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience, Aris. It was a pleasure to read that everything worked out after the room move and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. And we're happy you loved our free breakfast and location almost as much as we do. We hope you had fun on this trip and can’t wait to welcome you back next time you visit New York City!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I stayed here very recently and was very pleasantly surprised. The rate was more than reasonable for the location and the room. Mine was clearly very recently renovated and had a comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, fridge, lots of shelving space and was immaculately clean. There was also a nice view of the city streets from both windows which I enjoyed. The elevator works fine and I really like that the hotel is quiet and not crowded in the lobby. My only complaint is a lack of a desk in the room, but it's not a big deal.

Overall, I would much rather stay here for the value than any of the other midtown chain hotels I've tried. The room looks better and less dated and there is no weird musty smell which a lot of hotels seem to have. I plan to look here first whenever I need downtime for a night or a break from work for a few hours because it's an awesome deal.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience, Tt S! It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable room, our close-to-everything location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, and of course the overall value of the hotel. It's our goal to be your home away from home in the heart of New York City and we can’t wait to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

No elevators. Staff was distant and rude. Manager never responded to repeated calls. Reservation department makes you feel like they are not responsible for anything that goes on in the hotel. Guests were left to carry luggage up as many as 12 flights of stairs without assistance from the hotel. We only had to go up 5 flights, but the stairs were dark and very steep and narrow - dangerous. What was supposed to be a great weekend turned into a lousy stay at a crummy hotel. The photos online must be several years old - the place is not as nice or clean as they suggest. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: August 2018
AppleCoreHotelsStaff, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us, Dan, and I am sorry you did not have the stay you expected. As you have noticed, the severe weather on the day of your check-in has caused unforeseen and significant damage to the building, and especially the elevators. As you can imagine, this was an overwhelming all-hands-on-deck situation as the leak intensified and suspended elevator service. I really get what a frustrating experience this was for you and I wish you had a better experience with our staff. This was an unfortunate and uncomfortable situation and we regret that we fell short of our guest service standards. I have sent your feedback to the General Manager and Reservations team so we can improve upon the service you experienced.
Thank you for your understanding during this unexpected event, as safety and restoring comfort were top priorities for all. I am sorry this happened - to you, to the staff, to other guests, and the team that’s been working ‘round the clock to get service back up and running. Despite the wet weekend, I hope you were able to enjoy your time in New York!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

This hotel is in the processes of being renovated. The bed was very comfortable, Wi-Fi worked, & had plenty of TV options. However, some of the updates were not fully developed. The new shower has no place to put shampoo or soap. Plus, towels are located outside of the bathroom in a newly created "closet" & shelves. Additionally, location is good for nearby food, movies, shopping, etc.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us, X.J. While I'm thrilled to read you loved our location, our comfy beds, and free Wi-Fi, I apologize we disappointed you with incomplete changes to the room. We’re undergoing a massive renovation, as you have seen so we ask that you pardon our appearance, but we are taking major steps to ensure your future stays with us are simply the best. Thank you for your candid feedback - I will certainly pass it along as it is our pleasure to make your stay more comfortable! We hope you had an enjoyable remainder of your trip to New York and hope to welcome you back to see our completed changes on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Had reserved for July 11-16 with free cancellation until July 9. At end of June reviews indicated hotel was undergoing renovations, and fitness room was closed. I am allergic to certain chemicals/scents so called the hotel to get the details. They told me that they could not guarantee my room would be scent free and suggestion I cancel and stay elsewhere. I had booked through Booking.com and I immediately cancelled, receiving confirmation that my cancellation had been effective and I would not be charged. However, my end of July credit card statement indicated that the hotel had charged me $315.53 (CDN). I contacted the hotel and was told that I would have to speak to the "processing department" and they transferred my to booking.com. After a lengthy conversation and call back, I was told that the hotel denied receiving the cancellation. It has now been over a week and I still have not receiving a refund. First time this has happened and I am not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Yaletowner
AppleCoreHotelsStaff, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Yaletowner, I apologize in the delay and miscommunication in getting your cancellation sorted. There was an unfortunate technical glitch that occurred between your cancelling via your online travel agent (well within the terms of your cancellation policy) and the request’s being sent to the hotel property - which was related to the implementation of a new technology platform intended to improve our ability to serve our guests. The hotel has been in communication with your online travel agent since your request for a charge reversal was made and received by the hotel last week, and the funds have since been reversed to the card that was used to book. I understand your concern, and that it has been a few business days and you have not yet seen the refund. Depending on the country of origin, or policy of your financial institution, it can take a few days to a week to receive. I sincerely hope that helps explain what happened.
We thank you for quickly bringing this error to our attention, as we have been diligently working with all our online third-party agents to resolve it, and it does not reflect our company’s practices with regard to refunding guests when refunds are warranted.