“Friendly hotel”
Review of The Evelyn

The Evelyn
Ranked #283 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Staff is super friendly andreally nice and helpful all the time.
The location is great: close to Flatiron, Times Square, Empire State Building, Shake Shack in Madison Square Park, The Village
The rooms are very small but as you are in NYC to explore the city and not the hotel room, it is absolutely enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GershwinManagement, Director of Sales at The Evelyn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jasmin N,
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's central location. We highly value your acknowledgement of our friendly and attentive staff. We are truly excited with the on-going transformation at The Gershwin Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.
Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (2,207)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was upgraded to a newly decorated suite which was really well done, comfy clean and huge for NY!. The lighting is a bit dark though and the lift a bit slow but apart from that a very nice place to stay with very friendly and helpful staff. Although there was renovation work going on whilst I was there I experienced very little disruption.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Angela S,
We are delighted you were impressed with the renovated rooms. We highly value your acknowledgement of our friendly and attentive staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you want good value without the budget-breaking fees of glitzier hotels or the uninspiring sameness of hotel chains, try The Gershwin Hotel. Superlative, considerate service; character-filled architecture and a handy central location all proved invaluable, especially as I was travelling solo, on my first trip to the USA.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GershwinManagement, Director of Sales at The Evelyn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Lynndy B,
I am delighted you were impressed with The Gershwin Hotel. I highly value your acknowledgement of our friendly and attentive staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is a totally mess. You have nobody to help you at night if you need it. The elevator is ugly and slow. The staff don't know how to attend guests. Don't you loose your money and avoid a bad time

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GershwinManagement, General Manager at The Evelyn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Duendevl,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your comments; we see this as an opportunity to improve our services. I profusely apologize for the inconvenience. I know an apology doesn't change such an uncomfortable experience. Rest assured we are addressing the issues you encountered throughout your stay. We are very excited with the on-going transformation at The Gershwin Hotel, I’m confident you will be satisfied with the end result. I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.
I would welcome the opportunity to personally discuss your experience; I'm at your service. Please contact me directly at jagosto@gershwinhotel.com or at 646.507.5400.
John David Agosto
The Gershwin Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A very good hotel with home atmosphere. The staff was very friendly. First we have booked a simple room, but it was good. And then - more expensive room. It was completely renovated, nice. A very good hotel with home atmosphere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elena K,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience al the Gershwin Hotel. We highly value your acknowledgement of our friendly and attentive staff. We are very excited with the on-going transformation. I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.
Director of Sales

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a weeks stay at the Gershwin Hotel. After traveling around the US for 6 weeks prior it was nice to be greated by friendly and helpful staff and have a reasonably spacious room for 2 of us to share. The room was clean as tidy and pleasent to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hannahrose90,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms and bathrooms are pretty old, though to be fair - clean and kept in decent shape. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lobby is nice, but surrounded by construction, which actually causes noise starting as early as 8am. The stay was ok, but for this price I'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mariya F,
We highly value your acknowledgement of our good service. We are slowly increasing the number of renovated rooms, I’m confident you will be satisfied with the end result. I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay in one of our restored rooms.