“Good location, pricey for what you get”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #306 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Overall stay was fine and comfortable. I am familiar with NY pricing and understand you are paying for location so I do expect the rooms to be smallish. I have stayed in the city many times before in a similar location, and I thought this hotel was quite pricey for the quality of the room. It wasn't bad, just very average and a bit outdated. The bell man was very helpful and friendly, however, the front desk staff was not overly friendly. Housekeeping was average. Overall, nothing major to complain about other than the price, but maybe I was just staying on an expensive weekend. I definitely think there are things that could be improved, but with so many hotel choices in NY, I am sure there are better value options out there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The room was a little scuffed up, and my wife said the shower curtain smelled like mildew (although I never noticed anything). Overall the room was comfortable and was as spacious as a typical NYC room with 2 double beds, which means it was a little cramped for 3 people. The wait for the elevators could be a little long, but that only happened once or twice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would like to say how unbelievable the staff is at the marriott on 3rd avenue! I would like to especially mention AL. He has been so kind to us and remembers us each time we stay. We look forward to seeing him and the other staff members each time we come. Many thanks for your warm welcomes and excellent service.
April and Gord Fraser

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 1407 and there were definitely be bugs! I state one night and was completely bitten up! Small rooms - lots of outside traffic noise. Definitely does not live up to the Marriott standards.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Lindzey824
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Living in the middle of New York and loving it! What a location! The rooms are terrific, the view from the window of the surrounding buildings was great. A little cramped for 4 persons but space is not that easy to find in New York, so we did not have many complaints on that. The hotel staff was really nice, they kept our bags for 5 extra hours and also our cars with no complaints. They do have a system of using a key for the lobby washrooms that is weird but I can understand, it is New York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The stay was outstanding. The room and the staff were fantastic - great hospitality! Thank you for making our weekend. Some of the other rooms can be a bit tight but we loved the suite we had - plenty of room for downtown. Definitely going back!

Room Tip: Rm 704 is a good sized suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Francis B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the courtyard 5th ave, mid-April while on a business/mini-vacation trip with my family, and We were beyond impressed. I've stayed at over 10 courtyard hotels over the past few years and this was by far the best experience I've had so far. The hotel location was beyond ideal, close to everything, such as Times Square, Grand Central Station..etc, however still quiet enough to get a great nights sleep(and if there was a way to sneak one of those comfy mattresses out, I would,..just kidding lol). The rooms were slightly small, but you can't ask for much in prime real estate such as NYC. The hotel was very clean, and from the looks of it, probably newly renovated.
Now for the front desk staff.. What can I say..from the front desk agents to the bellman/concierge, each and every one of them treated us like we were,spending a thousand dollars a night. Every time we walked out or returned to the hotel we were greeted with a smile and were asked how our day went, and were always offered bottled water. My four year old loved Willie the bellman! And couldn't wait to come down and see him. George and Pedro the concierge were perfect gentlemen and no matter what we needed, were beyond patient and delivered top-rate professionalism. They gave us accurate directions every time, gave us suggestions on where to go, on a daily basis. They also recommended some of the finest restaurants we have ever eaten at(especially Benjamin's steakhouse, beyond amazing!). George reserved a limo to have us tour the city along with a hop on/off bus tour which so much fun, especially for our little one.
Overall our experience was astounding, and on our next trip to NYC, Marriott Courtyard 5th ave is the only place we will stay at!

Room Tip: Choose higher floors, defenetly quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family