Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$220
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$168
US$138
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbryant parkcourtyard marriottgrand central stationfifth avenuegreat locationhour deli next doortimes squarethe ny public librarynew yorkrockefeller centerwalking distancearound the cornerfew blockssmall lobbywould stay here againempire state buildingfront desk staff
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Service is great. Location even better. I've been to NYC quite a lot of times and I hate when I stay too close to Times Square because it gets really noisy, so this place is perfect for eveyone who wants to experience the city without the noise.

Great places to have breakfast nearby, fitness room is clean and big. Loundry and wifi complementary! And the price is just right!

Look up for Mike the concierge! He will help you get the most of your trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda A
Justin S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Hi Linda!

Thank you for such a positive review! I am glad that you were able to enjoy our location; I think it’s great that our guests are able to be so close to the hustle and bustle, but not be RIGHT in it. It sounds like you made yourself at home in our neighborhood.

I’m glad you were able to enjoy the amenities of our hotel and that you had such a positive experience with Mike. I will be sure to share your feedback with him!

I hope you are planning a return trip the NYC and that you will be our guest again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Although rooms are not terribly large and there's no coffee shop on premises it's perfect otherwise. We were on 21st floor with street view and were able to have early check in. Frank, doorman, has big personality and is hospitality oriented. Clean & quiet. Once you thru with all the taxes it becomes pricey however that's NYC. Nice restaurant to immediate right on 5th for excellent bagels. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Scamper56

Thank you for providing a review on TripAdvisor for your stay at our hotel. I appreciate our guests taking the time to do this.

I am glad that our staff made a positive impression on you and will make sure to share your response with Frank.

If your travels have you returning to New York, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights after visiting Dreams Park in Cooperstown. We were able to check in at 1:00 and received a nice room on the 11th floor. Views are typical of most mid-price hotels. We had a view of 40th Street towards the NY Library Annex building.

Bryant Park is a great place to have a coffee and a french pastry from Maison Kayser just up the street. Fantastic.

Easy to get to Times Square and everything else Midtown. Looking forward to coming back next summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate your taking the time to post a review of your stay in our hotel.

Our location IS really fantastic and I’m glad that you enjoyed the proximity to Times Square and other parts of Midtown. Often, I find that guests do not realize how convenient our location is, until they have stayed with us. I am glad you were able to experience so many great things about our neighborhood.

We look forward to hosting you again next summer when you return!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I had a queen room with a street view. It was small but roomy enough for the two of us. The hotel is in a great location and we were able to walk back and forth to the theaters. Bryant park is just around the corner. We had a couple of very minor issues that the staff took care of very quickly and efficiently. Although there is no restaurant, there is a place next door and across the street to get soda, sandwiches or snacks. We didn't use the fitness center, but it looked very nice. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank momofthree17

Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay with us. We enjoy our location and the proximity to so many exciting attractions and I’m glad that you did as well.

I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our staff and they were helpful to you.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Manhattan!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On first impression The Courtyard Manhattan/Fifth Avenue is rather a dour looking place.

Not really a hotel ( no restaurant or fitness centre etc ) it's more like a tower block of bedrooms with a reception desk attached.

For a 3 star hotel it’s wasn't cheap either at $300 plus a night. But, then again we were paying for the location - which is great. In the heart of Manhattan, and just two minutes away from the gorgeous New York library - and the lively urban square that is Bryant Park.

Our room was smallish, with no view, just a wall of back offices. The whole hotel is rather claustrophobic actually - but not unbearably so. The fitting and decor looked 70’s - but it was clean enough.

We had intended to stay eight days - but found a cheaper 4 star hotel for less, only three short blocks away so we booked that, and checked out early.

One incident disturbed us though. On returning from a night out, we arrived to find our room door wedged open. Someone had jammed the security bolt between the door and the door frame to keep it open. At first we thought we had been robbed, but on inspection nothing was taken. And their was plenty to take, cameras, laptops, the usual sort of stuff, you travel with.

Leaving my wife and kid "securely" locked in the room, I went down stairs to complain but was basically given the brush off by the young woman on reception - who said sorry about that, but proffered no solution or fallow-up.

The next morning we checked-out but not before I brought the subject up with the manager.

He gave the incident more weight than the night reception, and speculated the maid had maybe left it wedged open when she was doing the room, then forgot to close it when she was finished. But I had to point out, despite being told it would be, the room had not been tidied-up ?

One other thing annoyed me. When I said I’d be putting this incident on Trip-Advisor, we were told, since we had been on the Marriott's friends and family discount scheme ( what discount ? ) we shouldn’t " run to Trip Advisor " as this might have repercussions - I took this as a threat.

So there we left it - our own little Manhattan mystery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family