“Great location makes up for the small rooms”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #240 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong, China
“Great location makes up for the small rooms”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Acceptable little hotel with small clean but slightly aged rooms in a excellent location to explore the city. 10 steps away from 5th Avenue makes it perfect for shopping! The hotel doesn't have much in the way of facilities, but there is a good 24hr deli next door!

• Stayed July 2014
Justin S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Hello Steve,

Thank you for providing a review of your stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed exploring the city, our location is VERY convenient to take in all that our neighborhood has to offer, especially the shopping!

If your travel plans bring you back to New York, I hope that you will stay with us again!

Justin.Scarpa@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice. Newly redecorated and I had a larger room than many New York City hotels. The staff is excellent. My check in experience was totally great - very pleasant. The only negative, and the reason I bumped this to a 3 (would have been a 4), was the bed. It was horrible! Like sleeping on a slightly padded table with sheets. On my way home to my chiropractor!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martha H
Hello Martha!

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I apologize that our bedding did not meet your needs; however, I am pleased to see that our staff made a positive impression on you.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Singapore
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked a 1 bedroom suite which comfortably accommodated our family of 5. The room was comfortable and spacious with a small bathroom. The air-conditioning unit was rather large and very noisy. We had a lovely view of the top of the Empire State Building and the location of the hotel is Amazing! we could walk everywhere! there is no restaurant in the hotel however, there are plenty of deli's and restaurants close by, the hotel also has a free tea and coffee machine on the 1st level that has take out cups. The hotel staff were very friendly and we booked a few tours through the hotel concierge who were helpful. The concierge also arranged our transfers back to JFK airport and they were significantly cheaper than what we payed from the airport to the hotel, so it is worth pre booking your transfer with the hotel direct.

Room Tip: Higher floor room for a view of the city
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyAtoll
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

You are correct; our location makes so many areas of the city a short, walkable distance. I am glad that you were able to enjoy this; it’s a great way to see the city.

I am glad that you had such a positive experience with our staff and they were able to help your return to JFK easy and more economical.

I hope that if you return to Manhattan you will be our guest again!

Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Service is great. Location even better. I've been to NYC quite a lot of times and I hate when I stay too close to Times Square because it gets really noisy, so this place is perfect for eveyone who wants to experience the city without the noise.

Great places to have breakfast nearby, fitness room is clean and big. Loundry and wifi complementary! And the price is just right!

Look up for Mike the concierge! He will help you get the most of your trip.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda A
Hi Linda!

Thank you for such a positive review! I am glad that you were able to enjoy our location; I think it’s great that our guests are able to be so close to the hustle and bustle, but not be RIGHT in it. It sounds like you made yourself at home in our neighborhood.

I’m glad you were able to enjoy the amenities of our hotel and that you had such a positive experience with Mike. I will be sure to share your feedback with him!

I hope you are planning a return trip the NYC and that you will be our guest again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Although rooms are not terribly large and there's no coffee shop on premises it's perfect otherwise. We were on 21st floor with street view and were able to have early check in. Frank, doorman, has big personality and is hospitality oriented. Clean & quiet. Once you thru with all the taxes it becomes pricey however that's NYC. Nice restaurant to immediate right on 5th for excellent bagels. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Scamper56
Thank you for providing a review on TripAdvisor for your stay at our hotel. I appreciate our guests taking the time to do this.

I am glad that our staff made a positive impression on you and will make sure to share your response with Frank.

If your travels have you returning to New York, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights after visiting Dreams Park in Cooperstown. We were able to check in at 1:00 and received a nice room on the 11th floor. Views are typical of most mid-price hotels. We had a view of 40th Street towards the NY Library Annex building.

Bryant Park is a great place to have a coffee and a french pastry from Maison Kayser just up the street. Fantastic.

Easy to get to Times Square and everything else Midtown. Looking forward to coming back next summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate your taking the time to post a review of your stay in our hotel.

Our location IS really fantastic and I’m glad that you enjoyed the proximity to Times Square and other parts of Midtown. Often, I find that guests do not realize how convenient our location is, until they have stayed with us. I am glad you were able to experience so many great things about our neighborhood.

We look forward to hosting you again next summer when you return!

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a queen room with a street view. It was small but roomy enough for the two of us. The hotel is in a great location and we were able to walk back and forth to the theaters. Bryant park is just around the corner. We had a couple of very minor issues that the staff took care of very quickly and efficiently. Although there is no restaurant, there is a place next door and across the street to get soda, sandwiches or snacks. We didn't use the fitness center, but it looked very nice. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank momofthree17
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay with us. We enjoy our location and the proximity to so many exciting attractions and I’m glad that you did as well.

I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our staff and they were helpful to you.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Manhattan!