Hotel Metro
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$226
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$320
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
4,407 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruitperfect location
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Believe the reviews here, this hotel IS the best bet for your money in this part of Manhattan! Hotel Metro went above and beyond my expectations for a New York City hotel. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like a queen! The front desk was extremely courteous and even upgraded me free of charge to a Premier Queen on the 11th floor...what a delight! More than enough room for my 3-day vacation and the room was immaculate. The rooftop terrace is absolutely phenomenal (if the weather cooperates)...you can't beat this view of the Empire State Building. The biggest plus for me at this hotel, besides the lovely art deco decor, was the complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. Having this made my days so easy, as I didn't have to go searching for a great NY bagel because they were right here! The complimentary wi-fi access was also very nice to have. In conclusion, the spacious, clean rooms, the rooftop terrace, the vintage charm, the free breakfast and wi-fi, AND the extremely nice staff made this a very memorable stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the city who wants an easy, no hassle stay within walking distance of just about anything. I have nothing bad to say about this property and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FullOfWanderlust
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had booked our room way in advance, I had asked for a room with a view, which we got - thank you for that. Although the room was smaller than we had hoped, we learned to appreciate the hotel, primarily due to its proximity to everything, excellent housekeeping and because we had a nice bathroom with complimentary toiletries. And last but definitely not least; the rooftop terrace - it's truly enjoyable and I can only imagine how amazing it must be during summertime, when it's nice and warm and the rooftop bar is open....

The breakfast buffet had like a million pastries and muffins, different sorts of bagels and toast and ..Philadelphia cream cheese and jam. And Butter, of course. I sort of missed other kinds of cold cuts, and found it quite strange that there were sooo many cakes to choose from and yet only two kinds of spread?!

Another thing which I found really odd and annoying was the empty fridge in our room. I desperately wanted some water the night upon arrival, but couldn't get any until we went to buy some the next morning. So if you arrive late, make sure you bring your own water ;o)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AnnaSofie
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I had a great two night stay at the Hotel Metro in March 2012. My room was rather large for NYC with two queen beds and a bathroom with walk in shower. Hotel was clean and well kept.

On the night I arrived the hotel offered a complimentary wine tasting with light snacks. The wines were good and the snacks more than adequate. The continental breakfast included in the rates was a bit more than expected and a good start to the day.

Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel and was reliable and rather fast. The doorman was very helpful with directions and general questions on NYC. The location was great for midtown appointments and access to Times Square and Madison Square Garden. There are a number of Korean restaurants very close to the hotel. There is an terrace on the top floor with seating and a great view of the city.

I'd stay at the hotel again when I need access to mid town.

Room Tip: The area garbage pickup is very early in the morning and very loud regardless of the floor you are on. For a good sleep invest in a good set of ear plugs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Metro for 3 nights. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a premier room which was nice and the room also had a waterfall shower. Room size was adequate. Breakfast was good, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, cream cheese, butter, jam, apples, bananas and oranges was on offer. Really good location and handy for Empire State Building, Penn Station etc. Next time we are in New York we will stay here.

Room Tip: This hotel is on a busy road so ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanetteM
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Metro in Septembr 2011 for 3 nights with a friend. The hotel is small and in a great location next to the empire state building and a 10 minute walk to Times Square. We had a slight problem with the room but after 20 minutes they gave us a nice room. The breakfast had a varity and the breakfats room was small but always somewhere to sit. The staff were friendly and had a luggage room for the last day after we had checked out.

Room Tip: High room = Better Views
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends