We were very pleased with the hotel. Clean and in great condition. Helpful and friendly staff. Good size room and ensuite (King Room 711). Cleaned every day. Complimentary breakfast was great with good choice of continental pastries, cereal, juices, yoghurts etc. Could hear the external air con unit as we were at the back of the hotel but didn't bother us. Great view from the rooftop (bar wasn't open but guests could still access the rooftop). Small gym on top floor was fine.
Location on 35th street was key to us as it is slap bang in the middle of Manhattan.
Would recommend and visit again.
Top tips at hotel.
1) Avoid peak times at breakfast (8.30-9.30) as you will struggle to find a table.
2) Place your fridge-cold butter under your coffee in the morning to make it spreadable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Metro is an independent boutique hotel in the heart of midtown Manhattan, one block from the Empire State Building and a 2 minute walk to Macy's. Times Square and Madison Square Garden and Grand Central Station are all within a 10 minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Metro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metro Hotel New York City
- Hotel Metro New York