“Loved It!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Metro

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Metro
Ranked #84 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Irvine, California
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Metro April 9 thru 11. I can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. First, the entire staff were extremely helpful, polite, and courteous. They went out of their way to make this the best stay for us. I had mentioned that this is my daughters first trip outside of California, so they set us up in a great room on the 12th floor with a perfect view of the Empire State Building! My daughter(and myself)was thrilled. The gentleman at the door is a wealth of information on the surroundings and super nice. The room was clean and cozy. I normally have a hard time sleeping comfortably anywhere but my own home, but the bed at this hotel was so comfy, that I enjoyed a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was plentiful with a great variety of breads, muffins, yogurt, fruit and condiments. The ladies in the breakfast area were also very friendly and they kept the place stocked up nice. I loved everything about this hotel and I highly recommend it. The Hotel Metro will be my choice whenever I head out to the Big Apple.

9 Thank sharzi67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2006

I stayed at the Hotel Metro at the beginning of April with my Mother and Sister. We had a fantastic trip and it was helped enormously by the choice of hotel and its very helpful staff. The rooms were very clean and not at all cramped. The use of the safe in the room is free, the room also has a fridge. The price of the room includes breakfast which is really great. You have a choice of fruit, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins and pastry. There is also tea, coffee and orange juice. The tea and coffee is available all day! The location of the hotel is excellent with Macys just at the end of the street. The staff were excellent advising us on the most suitable trips for our stay and booking excursions and helicopter ride! The Hotel Metro is fantastic value for money and I have been recommending it to all my friends since I returned home - I will definetely be back!

10 Thank shazz500_8
Cumbria, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

What a fantastic hotel - perfectly located, friendly staff & very reasonably priced.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded upon check-in to the Penthouse Suite 1. The suite was a great size with 2 double beds, a large closet with electronic safe, a couch & fridge. The bathroom was huge with 2 sinks, a large jacuzzi & a seperate power shower. We had fantastic views of the Empire State Building from our window (as shown in our pictures). Both our room & bathroom were spotless.

The rooftop terrace is wonderful with amazing views of the ESB & it has plenty of seating - it will be great in the summer.

We found the staff attentive & very helpful, especially the friendly doorman who helped us to get a taxi to the airport. On our first night when we returned back to our room there was an ice bucket & bottle of champagne waiting for us which I thought was a really nice touch. We also were given chocolates.

The complimentary breakfast is very good and really sets you up for the day. There are fresh bagels, muffins, pastries, cereals, fruit & juices on offer. Tea & coffee is available all day.

Thank you to all the staff of the Hotel Metro for making our trip so special, we will definitely return.

29 Thank Stazran
winchester,hampshire, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2006

This was our first time in New york and I was keen to get the hotel right - and I did! We had a family suite which was ideal for us and the boys. Their room was front facing and huge-they had a double bed each and their own tv. Our room faced inwards and although smaller was certainly not tiny. We were only on the 4th floor but the traffic noise did not bother us-its all part of being in NY! The breakfasts were great;fruit salad, toast, muffins, croissants,cereals and the all day tea and coffee was very welcome.Everything was spotlessly clean and the art deco theme was stylish and smart. The staff were courteous and as friendly as you need although the doorman was excellent and sorted out a taxi for us to get back to the airport. We were also able to check in early which was great as we were able to freshen up before hitting 5th avenue! Location is superb;everything is walkable, even Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge! We could not find fault with anything and would not use any other hotel if we're lucky enough to come back . Enjoy!

16 Thank davandal
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2006

this is an excellent hotel - very centrally located with a breath taking view of the Empire State Building from both our bedroom window and the roof top terrace - the staff are really helpful and friendly and the bedroom and bathroom were clean, comfortable and adequately furnished - the breakies were brill and really set us up for the rest of the day and I would have no hesitation with regards to staying here again or recommending it to anyone else -one minor initial set back was that the heating/air conditioning was faulty however we needed neither during our stay as the weather was just perfect - this hotel turned out to be an excellent choice !!!!

13 Thank MagentaJo
Stittsville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2006

After reading the mixed reviews for the Metro, we weren't sure what we were going to see when we arrived. We arrived 7 hours before check-in, and the friendly staff stored our baggage, and invited us to take advantage of the breakfast buffet. The staff was awesome when it came to giving us directions and were always friendly.

The breakfast buffet is a bonus - delicious muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. It was crowded at times, but a little patience is all you need. We also ate a meal at the Metro Grill. It was moderately priced, and the food was great.

Our room was clean and quiet. We expected a VERY small room from the reviews posted here, but we had plenty of room. Who visits NY to stay in their room anyhow?

The location of the hotel felt very safe. You're in the heart of the action - only 2 blocks to Madison Square Garden, and about 5 blocks from Times Square. You can walk anywhere in midtown from here. And there's a subway stop across the street in front of Macy's.

The only regret we have is that we went before the rooftop bar had opened - I bet it is lovely in the summer. We took advantage of it to take some cool photos of the Empire State Bldg though.

Again on our departure day, the hotel staff stored our bags after we checked out so that we could enjoy the city without carrying them.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. In fact - I already have!

18 Thank Heather S
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2006

I booked the Hotel metro on a friend's recommendation and have been recommending it to folk since I got back. We had booked a normal Queen sized room but got upgraded to a double Queen. Not sure if this was because we had told them we were there to get married but if I was going back I'd want the same kind of room again as it was lovely and other reviews suggest that the smaller rooms are quite tiny. The beds were very comfy, plenty pillows and everything was spotless. Other reviews have said that rooms at back of hotel and on higher floors are the best, and that is where our room was and it was indeed quiet (I think this was the quietest hotel I have stayed in, not what you expect in the middle of Manhattan).
Staff were polite although not overly friendly, apart from the Hungarian woman on the desk who got very excited about us getting married. I think the 'attitude' is just New York, we found far worse examples of it in certain shops - Macy's being by far the worst.
Location wise we couldn't fault it, Subway station,buses, Macy's (if you like that kind of thing), Victorias Secret, Gap all at end of road in one direction, Empire State right there, and only 10-15 minutes walk up to Times Square and Central Park.
Complimentary breakfast was fine for us, we had expected to go out for breakfast but we enjoyed the huge muffins, pastries and bagels, with some healthy cereal, fruit and yoghurt to start.
We didn't expect to use the internet room, but since our mobile didn't work after the first day we ended up using it alot, and had no problems getting access, they didn't seem too strict about the 30 minute limit either, as long as no-one was wanting the key.

• 3 of 5 bubbles