Hotel Metro
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$239
  • Pool
US$431
US$397
US$497
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$213
US$171
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$172
  • Breakfast included
4,383 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruitperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We stayed in the Hotel Metro in Dec 2009 and previously in March 2008. Our party consisted of 4 adults and one child. We treated the staff there with respect and in return they made our stay wonderful. We received coupons, free passes and they went out their way to accomodate us on every level from giving us lovely rooms and helping us when we returned to the hotel over loaded with shopping. Everyone from the doorman, the reception staff, waitresess and maids were all lovely. Some even remembered us from our previous visit the previos year!! i will return there again not only for the lovely staff but also because of value for money and free continental breakfast. My only downfall is the view we had of a building site however we were never in the room long enough to stand staring out the window. Great location too. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DunnerScotland
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Whenever I come up to New York from Washington DC I stay at the Hotel Metro. Whether I am on business or in the city for fun this is the perfect location to get to any place you need to go in New York. The hotel is always immaculate, the check-in is pleasant and flawless, and the staff excels in customer service. I always book my room on-line and the process is perfect every time. The rooms are spacious and spotless with very nice accommodations. I much prefer this hotel over any national hotel chain and in addition to the excellent experience time-after-time, I feel very safe traveling alone (female). The breakfast is ideal and provides everything I like in the morning plus a whole lot more. When on business travel (regularly) I could stay at any hotel in the city as I am reimbursed but I always stay at Hotel Metro and I am always happy with my stay. I recommend it to anyone; I’ve stayed here by myself, with my sister, with a group of girls for a week in NY and with my husband and it’s always a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank RLFRetired
Reviewed 9 July 2010

This is a great Hotel, located between 5th & 6th avenue on 35th street. its a 2 minute walk to Macy's and 10 mins for a slow walker to Times Square.

The hotel is kept in perfect condiction at all times, the rooms, hallways & lobby are always kept clean. the bed sheets are changed everyday - which is very good for a 3 star.

the breakfast is nothing fantastic - but hey its free and offers everthing you need from fresh fruit & yoghurts to muffins & bagels.

the staff were always friendly and willing to help. they also offer discounts & excurtions right from the hotel including woodbury common outlet - saves the walk to port authority.

nothing to do with the hotel - but a little tip - i wouldnt reccomend the airport transfers that they offer at the airport itself, we booked ours online before we went & wished we just just a yellow cab for a few extra dollar. The journey involves muti drop offs when you just want to get to the hotel and a rude and smelly driver that leaves the a/c off in 100 heat.

any questions just let me know

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank luke310389
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I went to NY in june with my boyfriend, we stayed 10 nights at Hotel Metro and had a great time. We ordered our trip through a travel agency and booked a standard doubleroom. A month ahead of our trip I sent an e-mail to the hotel, to let them know that we were coming to celebrate my birthday and if it was possible we would like a room on one of the top floors. They replied about a week later, thanking for the e-mail and letting us know that they would do what they could to meet our request. They also wrote that because of my birthday they would place a few welcome amenities in our room upon arrival (such as chocolate and bottles of water). HOWEVER..we arrived at he hotel on the afternoon and the check-in was quick. We got a room on the 4th floor and OBS: if u are a non-smoker, like us, u do NOT want to stay on the 4th floor (room 408). This is the smoking floor, and the room smelled of smoke. We also got a view of the backyard and there were no welcome amenitis placed in our room. Kinda let down! To top it all, the aircon was really loud..Later we contacted the reseption and told them that we were non-smokers and if possible, we wanted to change room. I also told them about the e-mail and that there was no water or chocolate in our room. They apologized and left a note in the reseption to follow up on that. The next morgning we took our bags down and went out for sightseeing, when we came back in the evening (on my birthday) we were given a new room on the 9th floor. WHAT a change!! This room (903) had a view of the empire, the aircon was more silent and the air was cleaner. Loved it! Also - water, chocolate AND a bottle of champage was placed in our room, with a birthdaycard and apology for the delay of the amenities. Our new room was perfect. We were not bothered by street noise, but slept with earplugs.

Both the room on 4th floor and on 9th floor had a good size, in my opinion. It was cleaned every day. There's a safe in the room closet with enough space for a pc, i would have brought mine if I knew. But the hotel has a buissnesscenter u can use for ordering and printing tickets (for empire fex), that was great. The breakfast wasn't all that, but good enough! I love starting the day with toasted bread and coffee at the hotel, instead of going out before eating. They also had cereal, juice, yoghurt and fruit. We both ate well. :) We ate one time at the Metro Grill restaurant, but they were kinda overprized. They also charge 18% gratuity, and I don't mind tipping - I just think it should be based on the service and food. Anyway, no big deal - just letting u know. If u are looking for a quick bite, I recommend Chipotle around the corner (across the street for empire entrace) - they had good burritos. :) (I also recommend Mary Poppins on Broadway and HA! comedy club on Times Square if u like stand up.)

The location of the hotel i brilliant. Close to alot of attractions and close to the subway. Everyone else talks alot about the location, so I'm just confirming that it's great. ;-)

The rooftopbar is very nice! Only one thing though, they close early and is not open on weekends. We solved that problem by buying beer at the DR store and bringing it to the rooftop. (Not sure how the hotel feels about that, but many people did it and noone were stopped, the bar was closed anyway). There's an icemachine on the 13th floor too. We loved finishing the day with a relaxing time at the rooftop, looking at the empire. :)

When leaving the hotel we ordered a shuttle, the reseption will do this for you. We were picked up at the hotel and driven to Newark for 20 dollars each. Easy and cheap. :)

All in all, we had a great stay. Next time we go to NY, we will probably stay here again. Not on the 4th floor, though. =)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Marte_sl
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We were pleasantly surprised at how great this hotel was - it was the most reasonably priced hotel we could find in midtown Manhattan and we were so pleased. Clean, small rooms, nice little rooftop terrace, decent continental breakfast, 24h coffee, nice fitness room, and free WiFi. Very nice location, about a 10 minute walk to Times Square along scenic Broadway, close to large shopping area on 34th Ave, near Koreatown & Empire State building, really close to metro. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only glitch we had was for the first couple of nights our air conditioning unit seemed to work only intermittently (bad during a heat wave), but when we brought it to the hotel staff's attention it was promptly fixed. We drove to the city and found a parking garage just down the street which was heavily discounted due to staying at the hotel (still very expensive though!). Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple