Hotel Metro
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
Hotels.com
US$431
US$397
US$497
US$412
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$239
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$213
US$171
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$172
  • Breakfast included
4,383 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruitperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2007

If location's all you're after, this may be the hotel for you! The Hotel Metro is a half block from the subway and Harald Square/Macy's, and only a five minute walk from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. It has nice thick cotton towels and free internet access during specified hours in a key-carded room for which you must procure a pass from the front desk. That's where the good points end. My major gripe was that there was a strange rustling sound, that may have been a rodent in the wall, which woke me up all night in my room. At first I thought it was air conditioner condensate dripping, or the mini bar sensor, so I turned off the A/C and later unplugged the frig. The sound persisted and kept me from sleeping much for the two nights I spent there. There was no noise during the day. It was kind of creepy and unsettling. Room 710 was average size, about 16x12 with cutouts and a small bathroom with almost no counterspace and a bathtowel-sized floorspace. I was told I was being upgraded to a king, and I thought it was all talk, until I saw the tiny rooms with almost no walking space when the maids left doors open along the hallways. Furnishings and carpet were dingy gold, brown, orange, and the fake marbled bathroom had incongruous plastic cups and thick, comfy white cotton towels. The rooftop which everyone raves about was closed, there was heavy construction going on immediately to the west of the building, and that block of W. 35th is seedy and filthy. Location is ok, but it's overpriced for the amenities and questionable rodent problem. I only stayed there because I couldn't find a room at any 4 stars+ in the city that weekend due to multiple events.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank DC_World_Traveler
Reviewed 4 June 2007

The front desk staff was horrible...especially in the afternoon. The man (george) was extremely rude and unhelpful. If something happens to go missing in that hotel...good luck in getting anyone to help you find it. Totally ruined my trip. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank reags
Reviewed 2 June 2007

This was my first time booking a hotel in NYC. After reading lots of reviews for lots of hotels, some of which sounded scary, I opted for a relatively expensive, but safe bet. The Hotel Metro matched my expectations. There were no problems at all. I had a single room with a king size bed. It was small but comfortable. The amenities (bed, towels, toiletries, TV, etc.) were those of an average hotel like a Holiday Inn. The staff were professional but not particularly friendly or helpful. The location is really great, half a block from the subway at Herald Square, plus there are quite a few places to eat around the hotel, especially Korean food.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank chuanha1
Reviewed 30 May 2007

The Metro is very central. Empire State building, Macy`s very near and Penn Station and Time Square within easy walking distance and a subway station on the corner

We found the hotel to be very clean (bed clothes changed every day). Staff friendly and helpful our room (601) overlooking an alley was a bit small. It was slightly noisy with extractor fans from nearby reataurants working all night. Our own air conditioning system worked well but was also rather niosy too. but we soon got used to it. The breakfast was better than we expected with a good choice and plentiful. Overall the Metro is a great hotel and we would recomend it to our friends and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wrexhamtourist
Reviewed 27 May 2007

me and my wife stayed here for 5 nights in late may,ive gotta say the experience from start to finish was excellent,the hotel was clean,the staff were great and the location was brilliant. anyone who goes check out andrews coffee shop just down the street at west 35th at 7 avenue, the only moan is that the roof terrace was closed due to building work,but we will check it out when we next stay here!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple