“I gave Radission Martinique a second chance and it is SAME poor!”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #230 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We gave a second time chance to stay at this hotel since a hotel manager begged us for forgiveness and a second try. We did! What guess? Nothing changed! Service is same poor! We stayed on a renovation phase floor with noises. We slept in the room and heard bangs behind the door! We scared after bangs and opened the door. There was a man who asked about our room if we can share the room with a stranger. My God! We called front desk and they never pick up their phone anyway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Martinique,

Thank you for giving us a second opportunity to live up to your expectations. While a large number of TripAdvisor contributors praise our service, we have fallen short with regards to your stay. For that, I do apologize. It is my hope you find a property better suited to your travel needs.
If you wish to share the details of your March 2014 visit, please contact me directly at 212-736-3800.

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

There is a perception that New Yorkers (meaning those from the "city") are harsh and unfriendly. Nothing could be further from the truth. And this was especially true of the wonderful lady who met me at the desk when I arrived bedraggled and jet lagged at 3am last Monday. She welcomed me to the hotel and made sure I had everything I needed for my short stay.

This hotel is close to everything! And the staff are gracious and caring. Even though this was a business trip (meaning I was reimbursed for my costs), I will also choose to stay here when my wife and I return for a personal visit to New York.

Keep it up, Martinique!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was humiliating & degrading at times the way they treated me! I booked a Double Queen Executive suite for three nights. I show up with my assistant, give them my name & credit card then they proceed to address my assistant & change everything including the buffet passes that where included in my purchase to my assistants name! So I guess a black woman should not have a white assistant. Then they gave us one twin bed & a cot the first night & tried to give me a $100 dollar credit for the first night! I paid almost $1800 for three nights & that was not for a cot! Like I said it's a beauty of a hotel but the people are ugly in character.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Arlene W
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Radisson Martinique on Broadway and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very small room, no main light or a fridge at all. However, it is a modern and well kept room. No view at all, looks onto other rooms in the centre courtyard of the hotel. TV remote was smashed and taped up and unresponsive.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Declan
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights in June. Hotel is very nice inside with good facilities - the business center with free printing was very useful for printing out theater and tour tickets. The bed was large and very comfortable.

Few negatives are:

1. Slow lifts - took 3+ minutes every time we wanted to get the lift
2. Shower head is 6ft so if you are over 6ft you will be crouching every time you shower.
3. No fridge in the room, so couldn't keep drinks etc cool over night (although there is an ice machine in the hallway)
4. Our room was next to the lift so we heard 'bing' all night as people called or exited the lift.

Area is pretty grimy but its a great central location for visiting all of Manhattan and the other boroughs. If you want to stay centrally in Manhattan this place is a good one.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed there Memorial Weekend. Myself and three teenagers. We were pleasantly greeted from the doorman to the front desk staff. Sonya & Peter made us feel welcome. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to the Empire State Building and Penn station, Macy's and more. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A mix of historic building with modern interior room design, this hotel offers most of the things a traveler of all kinds is looking for a mid-priced hotel in NYC. While nothing is too fancy or exciting (the hotel itself and surrounding area), everything is acceptable. Convenience is certainly a forte – the Empire State Building is across the street, Penn Station is one block away, subway is right outside the front door. Sound isolation and window AC unit may bother some travelers but that’s quite typical for many old or historic buildings in big cities. Lack of a driving ramp is not a problem as the concierge desk and doormen did an excellent job in helping you load/unload luggage. Just tell them the number of people and luggage of the group and they will get you the right type of cab (from the small Prius to much roomy Sienna or Highlander). Staffs in the front desk are very friendly. I found out that more help you asked, the more they were willing to help. Dinning in the Martinique Café was a pleasant experience at a reasonable price. But if you like Korean foods, the particular section of the 32nd street is actually the Korea Town with a long list of Korean restaurants.

Room Tip: If you go to one of the nearby Korean restaurants, try their Toufu pot. It’s just so delicious!