“What a great staff”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #234 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 June 2014

OK, look, you don't stay here because of the vast amenity package! How much time you gonna spend at the hotel anyway? You stay here because of the convenience.

This hotel is a perfect location - how could it not be - the subway is right out the front door and Macy's is across the street! And if you need help finding about anything from fake Rolex's to cheap lunch haunts, the two concierge's here have the plan! They are highly popular so be patient and they will tell you all the tricks to getting around in NYC - without using a cab.
We used a cab twice (rain), neither could speak English enough to carry on a conversation - makes me wonder how they passed the cabbie test. - But that is another story.

Had a wonderful five day stay at the Martinique. The restaurant inside was great, the staff was great and housekeeping was awesome! We stayed on the 18th floor - hoping for a view. Well, we got one, of a wall and a roof! That will teach us to ask a couple more questions before agreeing to be bothered with all that elevator waiting. But hey - how much time did we spend in the room? Well, enough to notice the roof next door where two people were making out one evening! haha.

OK, stay here at the Radisson for convenience, great consistent staff and clean rooms that smell great!

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are small, The hotel is probably 100 years old - but well kept, clean and m...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,789)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I travelled with my mum to visit family in up state NY and spent 4 nights at the Radisson. Although is isn't as close as we would have liked to Times Square. You are within walking distance of great cafes, good shopping and easy cab rides to most places. The staff are awesome really helpful and friendly, full of good advice. Room was on the top floor, no view but was clean and roomy. The only downside of the whole stay was the vent in the bathroom was so bad we had to leave the door open most of the time to cool the room done.

Room Tip: Room tip ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights. Radisson Martinique has an excellent location in the center of Manhattan. All attractions are within walking distance of the hotel. Check in and check out be quick. Hotel and room are clean. Despite a busy place is sleep right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOGAB53
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from 6 night stay. This was 4th time in New York 1st at this hotel. Great hotel very friendly reception staff & fast check in. Room was ready even though flight early. Lucky enough to have room at rear of hotel much quieter & no long queue for lifts. No view from room but this did nt matter. Great location next to subway & easy walking distance to Times Square, Empire State Building & Macys. Only downside was the small bar area which was always full of flight crew who stay here every night. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for five nights while on a business trip to NYC. The room was fairly spacious by NYC standards. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Air conditioning worked great (very important in the summer, and NY hotels don't always have good AC systems). I stayed on the 16th floor, which was really quiet, even though I was a couple doors down from the ice machine and the elevators. Other reviewers have complained about noise from renovation, and I did see some work being done on other floors, but none on the floor I was on. (Maybe try asking when you check in if you can be on a floor where there's no renovation going on-- you never know, they might be able to get you on a quiet floor.) While space, comfort, AC, and quiet are always important, my main criteria for hotels is always cleanliness. The Radisson did not disappoint-- the sheets and towels were clean and the room spotless. Would highly recommend this hotel--it's clean, spacious, the front desk was friendly, and the location is great (right by a subway stop and within walking distance to a lot of things, including the train station). I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I think there is currently some renovation going on on certain floors. In May 2014, at least, the 16...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We gave a second time chance to stay at this hotel since a hotel manager begged us for forgiveness and a second try. We did! What guess? Nothing changed! Service is same poor! We stayed on a renovation phase floor with noises. We slept in the room and heard bangs behind the door! We scared after bangs and opened the door. There was a man who asked about our room if we can share the room with a stranger. My God! We called front desk and they never pick up their phone anyway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Martinique,

Thank you for giving us a second opportunity to live up to your expectations. While a large number of TripAdvisor contributors praise our service, we have fallen short with regards to your stay. For that, I do apologize. It is my hope you find a property better suited to your travel needs.
If you wish to share the details of your March 2014 visit, please contact me directly at 212-736-3800.

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

There is a perception that New Yorkers (meaning those from the "city") are harsh and unfriendly. Nothing could be further from the truth. And this was especially true of the wonderful lady who met me at the desk when I arrived bedraggled and jet lagged at 3am last Monday. She welcomed me to the hotel and made sure I had everything I needed for my short stay.

This hotel is close to everything! And the staff are gracious and caring. Even though this was a business trip (meaning I was reimbursed for my costs), I will also choose to stay here when my wife and I return for a personal visit to New York.

Keep it up, Martinique!